Zorii Bliss - VC157

Reaction score
What happened to just wanting to have your figure stand and hold a weapon? Bonus points for some posing ability but we’re not really enrolling them into a gymnastics event at the Olympics are we? 2012 era articulation is good enough.

Hadbro - please focus on sculpts and paint app. I don’t care if Leia can tilt her foot and torso so that she looks like a crash test dummy.
****...I'm agreeing with you.

Reaction score
I really like the look of this figure. As I've said previously about the Knight of Ren; she's excellent for a variety of suitable locations/roles.

Reaction score
****...I'm agreeing with you.
Hope you'll feel better soon mate :D

Isn't it odd how stands are conspicuous by their absence in every vintage figure ever? Articulation enables balance and easy customising and should be character specific I agree, but maxed out on humanoid body types. Constriction of movement by fixed plastic components/ capes spoils a figure - but all too often the soft goods are ugly. Why this is apparently so difficult to get correct when it could be done in 1980 is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Um, because you can't attach an old head to one of the new necks. It'll just flop there loosely. And with the ball joint inside the head, you can't really attach new heads to old necks unless you go to the trouble of, I dunno, cutting it out.

Pretty obvious.
If you are boiling the figure, the ball joint doesn't stay in the head - it can easily stay attached to the body. As far as the new heads/old body and vice versa, I don't see it as being any different than the varying sizes of the old ball joints. I've been dremeling heads or filling the sockets in to fit different ball joint sizes for ages. It isn't like Hasbro has ever made customizing easy with this line.

Reaction score
If you are boiling the figure, the ball joint doesn't stay in the head - it can easily stay attached to the body. As far as the new heads/old body and vice versa, I don't see it as being any different than the varying sizes of the old ball joints. I've been dremeling heads or filling the sockets in to fit different ball joint sizes for ages. It isn't like Hasbro has ever made customizing easy with this line.
Fair enough. I've never pulled a head off without the joint coming with it, but obviously YMMV.

It is very difficult, though, to make a non-ball jointed head stick to a neck with a joint, even if the joint isn't there. There's nothing for it to grab onto.

Reaction score
The heads are generally the easiest thing to mod, especially with a Dremel. But swapping out legs and torsos got nigh impossible in the last 3 years.

Reaction score
As a customizer myself, I don't really see a problem with it. You were going to boil and pop the figure anyway, right? I hope that doesn't sound snarky. I am genuinely confused why other customizers are not a fan.
The problem of taking an old head and trying to attach to a newer figure is just more difficult. In the past, you could find ways around the bj-head, now it's more work. I do like the poses you can make with the barbell head joint or whatever it's called, so for a figure that will remain as is, it's a postive.

Reaction score
I really like the look of this figure. As I've said previously about the Knight of Ren; she's excellent for a variety of suitable locations/roles.
Agree. As much as I hope she has a few good scenes in the film, the figure is cool enough to add to any scene I want to make myself.
A

Reaction score
The heads are generally the easiest thing to mod, especially with a Dremel. But swapping out legs and torsos got nigh impossible in the last 3 years.
My point is that when you take off DBJ head, what you're left with is a short neck with no "bulb" on the end, so putting any older style heads onto it doesn't work - they slump down and rattle around loosely.

You need to go to significant lengths to make that work.

Reaction score

I know Star Wars has a vast array of characters, but it blows my mind that they never took the GI Joe approach and made the heads and neck joints all the same size. At the very least, and male character and or troop builder bodies should all have a standard head that can easily be swapped.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know Star Wars has a vast array of characters, but it blows my mind that they never took the GI Joe approach and made the heads and neck joints all the same size. At the very least, and male character and or troop builder bodies should all have a standard head that can easily be swapped.
Agreed. I've never been able to wrap my mind around this as well.
A

Reaction score
FYI - Have you seen my thread on SW neck sizes? It helps with swapping heads. See below, in my signature.

Reaction score
Thats jnteresting...doesn’t it render the characters generic?

Reaction score
FYI - Have you seen my thread on SW neck sizes? It helps with swapping heads. See below, in my signature.
I have not, but I will check it out! Thanks.

Thats jnteresting...doesn’t it render the characters generic?
Not really. Every Joe character is unique. But let's say you really like the body of a particular figure, and want to troop build a few "basic" Joe soldiers. It's super easy to swap some heads around so they don't all have the same face.

It wouldn't be that hard for Hasbro to do the same with Star Wars.