Zaalbar - Gaming Greats (KOTOR)

Reaction score
Interresting choice but not high on my list. Might take him when GS has him on clearance, though

Was hoping for thw nightsister character from J:FO, forgot her name

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never played KOTOR and have no attachment to this character. However, the figure might be useful as a different Wookie in a display from some other era of Star Wars. That interests me.
I never played KOTOR either so I had never heard of this character before today, that said, Wookiees are one of my favourite species in the SW galaxy. That and the his association with Revan makes this a must buy for me.

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more GG figs and more wookiees. But as for character designs, Zaalbar is a pretty uninspiring. He looks like Chewie in a vest basically. That said I’ll probably still pick him up 😂
That is a fair comment. It would have been nice if the design wasn't so plain. Then again as I never played KOTOR I admittedly have no frame of reference to work from.

Still a definite pre-order for me.

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more GG figs and more wookiees. But as for character designs, Zaalbar is a pretty uninspiring. He looks like Chewie in a vest basically. That said I’ll probably still pick him up 😂
SAME HERE.

When people ID's what looked like a Wookiee's shoulder in some of the packaging mural art, a lot of people thought that the Wookiee might have been Tarfful, who turns up in JEDI - FALLEN ORDER. I thought there might be a possibility of it being Zaalbar, but it seemed like such a longshot in comparison. I think he's a great character in KOTOR, but among the crew of the Ebon Hawk he does seem to rank a little lower than others like Bastila and Carth Onassi. And I still really wants a TBS Darth Malak figure!

I think this might have been a case of Hasbro trying to repurpose existing molds. Because this looks a lot like previous Chewbacca releases, just with different deco, the harness and the sword accessory. I've always been a fan of Wookiee figures, so I'm going to pick this up. But in terms of important characters from KOTOR, this is a miss by Hasbro, and their motives seem pretty transparent.

Reaction score
Why do you think Hasbro chose him over Malak, HK-47 or Bastila? :D

Reaction score
Ick.... he looks very one tone. Would it have killed their budget to throw on a wash or an overspray or something?
LOL, they should have named him Einfarbig instead for Zaalbar :LOL:

(Edit: I should probably explain this one to our English-speaking friends: Zaalbar sounds a lot like "affordable" in German, and Einfarbig means One-colored/Monochrome)

Last edited:
Reaction score
OP updated with press images. It also looks like he'll be $26.49 - Available Fall 2021. 😞
Judging by the sideart, he seems to fit between J:FO Flametrooper and Nightbrother, making the Wookiee #04
I think we pretty much knew that already (i.e. that it was likely a wookiee), but fwiw the product page address lists it as "sw-bl-gaming-greats-4."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh amazing, this is a massive surprise.

It's not perfect, but it's a KotOR figure. I'm getting it.

The face doesn't scream Zaalbar to me, the vibroblade's a little big and the bowcaster is just a repaint of Chewie's which isn't entirely accurate, but we're one step closer to the rest of the crew.

Just hope that if we ever get Mission, she also comes with her vibroblade so I can give it to Zaalbar and recreate the two hander melee tank I always specced him as.

Reaction score
Dont know the character, never played the game. But it looks good. Nice to get another Wookiee, along with Chewie. I cant tell from the pics, but is it more than a Chewie repaint.

Reaction score
Maybe this summer is when I finally pay KOTOR.

I'm glad that it's this character (who I do not know and have no connection with) instead of a generic "Wookiee warrior" from Battlefront. While any repaint is going to cut corners on accuracy, specific characters are more appealing than generics. Especially in this sub-line, since it is more likely to show some love to EU fans. I'm happy that the people who love KOTOR are happy with this surprise announcement.

So I'll pass for now and will see if it's around when he actually hits the shelves (which will perhaps be after I've played the game). Gotta say that a Wookiee with a big-ass sword is inherently tempting.

Reaction score
Boy...
I was worried that this line was veering into the stupid with the green bunny figure.
Forget "veering." We're full-on there.

Reaction score
Oh amazing, this is a massive surprise.

It's not perfect, but it's a KotOR figure. I'm getting it.

The face doesn't scream Zaalbar to me, the vibroblade's a little big and the bowcaster is just a repaint of Chewie's which isn't entirely accurate, but we're one step closer to the rest of the crew.

Just hope that if we ever get Mission, she also comes with her vibroblade so I can give it to Zaalbar and recreate the two hander melee tank I always specced him as.
Apparently the size is accurate to Galaxy of Heroes.

Reaction score
Honestly I can't get excited because it reminds me of another figure like Jaxxon that 3.75" scale never got despite how easily they are making them in TBS!
This is just Chewy with new head and a harness. They could have just as easily of made Mission Vao, new head sculpt on Dr Aphra, who I would have actually been more interested in.

That said, just take the harness off and you have a random Wookiee. I'm not really diggin the head sculpt though.

Reaction score
Pass. Of all the KotOR characters to make this would have been dead last on my wish list. It really is uninspiring and another jab at 3.75" scale IMO.
Like I said in the main thread they could have made a new Twilek head sculpt for Aphra and released Mission Vao. A figure I actually would have considered buying. Roll on Hasbro, roll on...

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOW

you guys are no fun. go and play KotoR and THEN tell me how excited you are for this figure!

c'mon.

this is a cool release of a non-chewbacca wookie!

Who is the last character to be released with a vibroblade?

Zaalbar was a hack and slash machine. there were many times during my first playthrough that my two other party members would die from whatever and Zaalbar weilding a Vibroblade would STOMP everyone into the ground. really fun character, super stoked to have him in the GG line.

i will also agree however that Hasbro OWES us a Mission Vao

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOW

you guys are no fun. go and play KotoR and THEN tell me how excited you are for this figure!

c'mon.

this is a cool release of a non-chewbacca wookie!

Who is the last character to be released with a vibroblade?

Zaalbar was a hack and slash machine. there were many times during my first playthrough that my two other party members would die from whatever and Zaalbar weilding a Vibroblade would STOMP everyone into the ground. really fun character, super stoked to have him in the GG line.

i will also agree however that Hasbro OWES us a Mission Vao

Now that you mention it he was very useful early in the game.

Reaction score
This is a really nice surprise. Crazy that this is the first figure of him ever. Will be getting it just because of that. Just wish they painted him up a little bit more. Maybe some tans on the face and chest just for a little additional detail.