Your The Force Awakens Toy Line Collection - Picture Thread

Reaction score
always love the look of the packaging crates like this. they make great buildings for dioramas like Mos Eisley.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The bad part - to print another one, it would cost over $3,000 through shapeways. I'm in a drafting program so my teacher was nice enough to print this one for me. End of the semester is in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably start working on the priming and painting at that time.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The bad part - to print another one, it would cost over $3,000 through shapeways. I'm in a drafting program so my teacher was nice enough to print this one for me. End of the semester is in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably start working on the priming and painting at that time.
how sturdy is the model? You might be able to buy casting resin at a local hobby shop and make custom molds and resin pieces for cheaper and sell them.

Reaction score
perhaps one of my favorite "Bootleg" figures from the The Force Awakens line:

I call him Robo Vader:

almost the same scale as the current Darth Vader figures (maybe a 1/2" taller) and only 3 points of articulation (head and arms) but still a cool piece. it's packed with the assortment of (OMG Bootleg Rey looks scary), (Poe "Im not sure if I'm Luke Skywalker or not" Dameron), GROOODA (I actually have something funny in mind for this figure), (More Machine now than Man Robo Vader), (Not R2-D2), (Headless ---- yes he's headless BB I'm just a soccer ball now - 8), and the famous (Multi-trooper - I'm a AOTC Clone, ROTS Clone, OT Trooper and FO Trooper all in 1)

Reaction score
how sturdy is the model? You might be able to buy casting resin at a local hobby shop and make custom molds and resin pieces for cheaper and sell them.
Very sturdy. It's hard plastic and probably more solid than most of the playset pieces we've seen. The walls are 1/8" thick and I probably could have gotten away with making them 1/16".

I had thought about doing some casting - the problem would be some of the details. Hard to explain without a visual, but you would need something to go under some of the pieces that protrude, and then it would break the casting when removing it. I suppose if some detail was lost, it would still be better than nothing, though. I'll look into that.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I think people might be happy if you just cast the greeblies and sent a template. The rest could be built with cardboard and foamcore.

Reaction score
I think people might be happy if you just cast the greeblies and sent a template. The rest could be built with cardboard and foamcore.
I could maybe give it a shot. Problem is some of them, particularly the ones around the fans, will get stuck when you pull it out of the casting. Here in a week or two I'll have more time and can do some experimenting.

Reaction score
You wasted your one shot, on a wall? ;)

Seriously though it looks great!
I've considered a 3D printer several times, in the hopes of cutting down on buying a figure simply for one or two parts. Plus the prefab opportunities for dio building.

Reaction score
You wasted your one shot, on a wall? ;)

Seriously though it looks great!
I've considered a 3D printer several times, in the hopes of cutting down on buying a figure simply for one or two parts. Plus the prefab opportunities for dio building.
Lol, yeah, had I known the cost of printing another, maybe I would have done something more elaborate. When the cost of 3D printing goes down, I can just imagine the possibilities. Not just parts, but we could make our own figures! Like maybe the ones Hasbro is too lazy or stubborn to make themselves...

GNT

Reaction score
It's a nice piece but I agree, casting it in resin would be way more cheaper if you want to make copies.

Reaction score
It's a nice piece but I agree, casting it in resin would be way more cheaper if you want to make copies.
Yeah, that might be the way to go. Been giving it a lot of thought, and the only way it would work is if I cast it in sections. Then the trick would be casting them in such a way that they fit together without too much alteration.

Reaction score
Here is a photo of my meager Force Awakens collection. I set out to make a set of the 12 most iconic/important characters from the film:

I didn't bother buying a TFA Chewie, and he is just a place holder for General Leia if/when she gets made (in her standard gear, not the TBS Ball gown version, thanks.) Likewise I may swap out Phasma for Luke if one ever gets made, right now I could see it either way.

Poe is the TBS figure, because I wanted the pilot outfit with removable helmet, and that was the only iteration of that as a single figure. Otherwise they are all standard 5POA figures. (Kylo is the armor-up version because I dig the "helmet with no hood" look and I get very picky about the look of cloth robes on 3.75" figures.)

(And in full disclosure I also got a Hassk Thug figure but he is going to live in my McQuarrie Concept Figures display as a representation of McQ's cantina aliens.)

Reaction score
Here is a photo of my meager Force Awakens collection. I set out to make a set of the 12 most iconic/important characters from the film:

I didn't bother buying a TFA Chewie, and he is just a place holder for General Leia if/when she gets made (in her standard gear, not the TBS Ball gown version, thanks.) Likewise I may swap out Phasma for Luke if one ever gets made, right now I could see it either way.

Poe is the TBS figure, because I wanted the pilot outfit with removable helmet, and that was the only iteration of that as a single figure. Otherwise they are all standard 5POA figures. (Kylo is the armor-up version because I dig the "helmet with no hood" look and I get very picky about the look of cloth robes on 3.75" figures.)

(And in full disclosure I also got a Hassk Thug figure but he is going to live in my McQuarrie Concept Figures display as a representation of McQ's cantina aliens.)
Looks great with the backdrop. I wish I had that much restraint collecting this line.
How did you do the textures for your scanning crew boxes?

Reaction score

Cool idea for a retro display! By the way, you should post in the local thread, we haven't seen you in awhile! ;)

Reaction score
Fully complete until i find the 3 new black series figs Leia, Han, and phasma. Also missing chewy and Finn from falcon set but they are not must haves for me. Feel very good about what I have so far.

left staircase
row 1: Kylo Ren unmasked, general Hux, Captain Phasma, FN-2187
row 2: Kylo Ren black series, tie pilot, tie pilot, elite tie pilot, tie pilot removable helmet
row 3: heavy artillery trooper, heavy artillery officer, stormtrooper lieutenant, stormtrooper officer, riot control stormtrooper
row 4: stormtrooper black series, fn-2187, snowtrooper officer, snowtrooper lieutenant, snowtrooper, snowtrooper
row 5: flame trooper, flame trooper, stormtrooper
row 6: guavian enforcer, Tasu leech, first mate quiggold, Sidon ithano

right staircase
row 1: Rey resistance, maz katana
row 2: Finn, Poe dameron armor up, c-3po, by-8, r2d2, Chewbacca, Han Solo
row 3: admiral ackbar, nien numb
row 4: goss toowers, resistance trooper, xwing atsy, snap Wexley, Poe dameron black series, pz-4co
row 5: teedo, unkar's thug, sarco plank, unkar plutt, Rey black series, constable zuvio
row 6: Finn black series, Rey, Finn speeder pack in

Reaction score
perhaps one of my favorite "Bootleg" figures from the The Force Awakens line:

I call him Robo Vader:

almost the same scale as the current Darth Vader figures (maybe a 1/2" taller) and only 3 points of articulation (head and arms) but still a cool piece. it's packed with the assortment of (OMG Bootleg Rey looks scary), (Poe "Im not sure if I'm Luke Skywalker or not" Dameron), GROOODA (I actually have something funny in mind for this figure), (More Machine now than Man Robo Vader), (Not R2-D2), (Headless ---- yes he's headless BB I'm just a soccer ball now - 8), and the famous (Multi-trooper - I'm a AOTC Clone, ROTS Clone, OT Trooper and FO Trooper all in 1)
Are you sure it's a bootleg? It definitely looks like Hasbro did the paint apps on that one. ;)

Reaction score

As we seem to have reached the end of TFA figures, I grabbed some unorthodox filler figures to bulk up this cross between Maz's Castle and Niima Outpost. It's not as elaborate a setup as I've been able to put together for the Mos Eisley Cantina or the Outlander Nightclub, but maybe the subsequent movies will have something for me.

Reaction score
I like both these Armour Ups tbh,the red stripe Tie Pilot has been hard to get hold of here,the desert damaged Tie Fighter he comes with is like rocking horse ***** to find (or has been for me)although i did get my hands on one at a higher price,i snagged 10 of the Space Background Tie Fighters,so to get him in this box was pretty cool.Finn is a cool one too,the removable chest plate is a nice option.

Reaction score
You might be able to make a plaster mold, which would be $$$$ better.
That was one of the options I was looking into, but due to the shape and topology it will be difficult and will have to be done in pieces. I still haven't ruled it out, though. It's one of my many summer projects on the list.