Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread

Reaction score
FINALLY finished the Star Wars Man-cave, so I thought I would celebrate with a few snaps of the set up, hope you enjoy!

Reaction score
Awesome setup! I would love to see more pics of that Hoth dio.

Reaction score
Awesome setup! I would love to see more pics of that Hoth dio.
Thanks Teedo! I looked at the dios as if it were Kenner who was making it, I.E scaled down with relevant areas from the film, when the Saga Legends figures arrived it was a perfect fit, now just waiting some legends Rebel soldiers to fill out the trenches with.

Reaction score
Very cool dios!

You know it's interesting that the OT had so much playset potential, and quite a bit was made into toys. Yet I haven't seen the same for TFA. Rogue one looks like a possibility though.

Reaction score
Very cool dios!

You know it's interesting that the OT had so much playset potential, and quite a bit was made into toys. Yet I haven't seen the same for TFA. Rogue one looks like a possibility though.
Thanks Masterfett! Agreed, I think Hasbro has really dropped the ball when it comes to playsets recently, Starkiller base, Tokadana, D'qar and Jakku all presented areas ripe for cool little playsets to be made, even little enviroment packs like those Kenner Indiana Jones Map Room and Streets of Cairo would have done, just for something to display the figures with. A real missed opportunity.

Reaction score
Thanks Masterfett! Agreed, I think Hasbro has really dropped the ball when it comes to playsets recently, Starkiller base, Tokadana, D'qar and Jakku all presented areas ripe for cool little playsets to be made, even little enviroment packs like those Kenner Indiana Jones Map Room and Streets of Cairo would have done, just for something to display the figures with. A real missed opportunity.
I completely agree with you on the missed opportunities by Hasbro for mini playsets / environments. but like Hasbro always state... "Playsets don't sell well at retail".

I think what Hasbro needs to do is "rethink" their concept of what a playset / environment dio should look like. Kenner had the right formula back in the 80's with Indiana Jones. Even Hasbro had the right formula back in the 80's-90's with G.I. Joe. some of the Joe playsets were beyond awesome and small in size that didn't break the bank for the parents. some of my favorite Joe/Cobra playsets were the following:

- Cobra Surveillance Port - I actually bought one of these recently from a toy convention and with a quick coat of spray paint and new decals turned it into a Clone Surveillance Outpost

another great mini set was the Checkpoint Alpha set for the Joes - this can easily be converted into an Imperial Outpost that could be on any number of Imperial controlled planets (minus the vehicle barrier and speedbump)

another cool mini set was the G.I. Joe playset was the LAW - easily can work for a battlefront type gun implacement or even work on something like Hoth or the Missile Command

even something as similar as this Sideshow environment piece would be a nice touch in the Star Wars line and add just that extra something for displays.

I believe at the time the Joe playsets were around $9.99 each (with no figures included) so by today's standard we are talking $19.99.

Reaction score
They released a few G.I.Joe mini-playsets in 2009 for the Rise of Cobra movie. Walmart-exlcusive, same as the 80's molds with new stickers and 2 figures for $15. It would be great to get the old Kenner playsets with even one figure for $20 these days. Sigh.

Reaction score
I completely agree with you on the missed opportunities by Hasbro for mini playsets / environments. but like Hasbro always state... "Playsets don't sell well at retail".

I think what Hasbro needs to do is "rethink" their concept of what a playset / environment dio should look like. Kenner had the right formula back in the 80's with Indiana Jones. Even Hasbro had the right formula back in the 80's-90's with G.I. Joe. some of the Joe playsets were beyond awesome and small in size that didn't break the bank for the parents. some of my favorite Joe/Cobra playsets were the following:

- Cobra Surveillance Port - I actually bought one of these recently from a toy convention and with a quick coat of spray paint and new decals turned it into a Clone Surveillance Outpost

another great mini set was the Checkpoint Alpha set for the Joes - this can easily be converted into an Imperial Outpost that could be on any number of Imperial controlled planets (minus the vehicle barrier and speedbump)

another cool mini set was the G.I. Joe playset was the LAW - easily can work for a battlefront type gun implacement or even work on something like Hoth or the Missile Command

even something as similar as this Sideshow environment piece would be a nice touch in the Star Wars line and add just that extra something for displays.

I believe at the time the Joe playsets were around $9.99 each (with no figures included) so by today's standard we are talking $19.99.
Wow! I used to have the checkpoint Alpha, missile station and the LAW, as well as a Cobra Bunker, but they were part of the 'Action Force' line over here in the UK. This is exactly what I'm talking about just small packs to add that extra dimension. Shame Hasbro is so averse to taking a chance on such things, doubly painful to see all that plastic being wasted on 'Star Wars Command' which could have stretched to something like this.

Reaction score
"I will not fight you father..."

"Sister! So you have a twin sister!"

"Nooo!"

"You will pay for your lack of vision!"

"Father! Please help!"

"Now young Skywalker, you will die..."

Reaction score
"I will not fight you father..."

"Sister! So you have a twin sister!"

"Nooo!"

"You will pay for your lack of vision!"

"Father! Please help!"

"Now young Skywalker, you will die..."
Great Stuff Coreworld! I love the use of the classic Death Star in this. one more reason why I think Hasbro really dropped the ball with their whole "no playsets" rule.

Reaction score
Great Stuff Coreworld! I love the use of the classic Death Star in this. one more reason why I think Hasbro really dropped the ball with their whole "no playsets" rule.
Thanks DarkArtist! Yep, kids really are missing out on what we had, such a shame.

Reaction score
Thanks DarkArtist! Yep, kids really are missing out on what we had, such a shame.
yep... Hasbro is letting down a new generation of kids. I mean I wonder if Hasbro was to focus on a large playset instead of a BMF vehicle every year if that would work. I still have 2 of the Death Star Playsets myself along with the Ewok Village. one of these days I want to set them up and just have fun and be a kid again.

That looks really neat! I have the paper version and I played the heck out of it.
I still have my palitoy Death Star (only missing the clear foot pegs) one of my favorite pieces. it's still in great shape too. I think some minor wear and the garbage shoot door fell off so I had to tape it place.

Reaction score
"Father, please help me!"

The Return of the Jedi...

"I've got to save you"

Funeral pyre are for a Jedi

Light of the force

Balance is restored...for now

Reaction score
solid work again Coreworld. I really need to get better set-ups and graphics for my pics. you constantly keep raising the bar. I think but you and ForceDad should work for Hasbro as their photographers.

Reaction score
solid work again Coreworld. I really need to get better set-ups and graphics for my pics. you constantly keep raising the bar. I think but you and ForceDad should work for Hasbro as their photographers.
Thanks DarkArtist! High praise indeed, I really enjoy taking these and it's nice to know others appreciate them, now we just need Hasbro to start cranking out more legends OT characters.

Reaction score
A friend gave me the Game of Thrones Ice Wall playset for X-Mas. I haven't bought any GoT figures yet so I grabbed some OT and R1 5POA figures to fill it out.

that's awesome.. I bought this set for the same reasons but haven't had a chance to really play with yet. had to put it away in my storage unit for the time being while I fix up the house.

Reaction score
Docking Bay 94:

"I've been waiting for you Jabba."

"You disappoint me."

"Even I get boarded sometimes.."

"Bosska!"

Reaction score
Carbon Freezing Chamber:

"You're being put into carbon freeze."

"I know"

"He's alive..and in perfect hibernation."

"The Force is with you, young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!"

Reaction score
Great pics.

Too bad when you go resell them, you can't claim they are from a smoke-free home. ;)

Love the lighting by the way, how did you accomplish that?

Reaction score
Great pics.

Too bad when you go resell them, you can't claim they are from a smoke-free home. ;)

Love the lighting by the way, how did you accomplish that?
Lol! Thanks Cyclone! Would you believe the light is a rear bicycle light, which can be seen in the bottom picture resting inside the Freezing Chamber, with a few augments ala 'LensFX'! Had a real blast fooling around taking these shots.

Reaction score

I think this is going to be it for my Rebels collection - apart from diminishing space, there's also a shortage of figures that are harder to find (No sign of Hera's A-Wing here, but it's not one that was on my list anyhow).

On the other hand, I got Darth Buffy on the left to stand unassisted. That's not nothing.

Reaction score
here's my custom Governor Price action figure - used IJ Spalko head and Lt. Shan body from the comic pack. neck joint were the same for both figures so it's a simple swap.

Reaction score
Isn't her rank different though? She's a Governor after all. I've never really taken the time to notice the difference.

Looks great though, probably one of the easiest customs ever!

Reaction score
Isn't her rank different though? She's a Governor after all. I've never really taken the time to notice the difference.

Looks great though, probably one of the easiest customs ever!
yes. this is a LT. rank. Governor has 6 blue on top and than 3 red and 3 yellow on the bottom. I'm going to attempt to make a new rank badge for her in the coming weeks.