Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread

Reaction score
I'd love to see some classic Kenner style mini rigs get released. maybe even some of the deluxe accessories that were packed with the Kenner POTF '95 line line the Desert Sand Skimmer, Millennium Falcon flight pack and Crowd Control gear.

Reaction score
I have really been enjoying these new 5POA figures. Admittedly, I wasn't too thrilled with them when the new line started. They weren't quite where I pictured the new 5POA figures being after the battle packs we got, but they got better. We're getting working holsters and the engineering is getting better. I'm really falling in love with collecting all over again. I've even considered selling off a large portion of my SA figures though I might not. I've put a lot of effort into that collection. Here's some of my Saga Legends and Mission Series toys.

Swapped Han';s head with a spare Bespin Han head and reworked his right wrist so he can hold the gun just below his eye level.

Yes, I'm no big fan of the new 5POA Chewbacca, but the Boushh Prisoner figure looks really nice next to Bespin Han.

IG-88 is so short. I can only imagine whomever was responsible looked at pictures where he appeared to be only a little taller than Boba Fett, but never realized IG-88 was standing below the deck line Boba was on in ESB. Still a great looking figure though.

Reaction score
I finally got around to not only photographing the rest of what I have in the new SL and MS lines, but added a few more pieces including some desperately needed Stormtroopers, Hoth Han and Luke, a couple of Biker Scouts and Wicket.

This Vader figure has grown on me quite a bit. One thing that helps though is folding and ironing the cape so it sits more appropriately.

These two are great but Han is excellent. I never expected the legs and lower coat pieces to have been separate pieces of color molded plastics.

I also never expected R2 to have that little pop out arm in this line. I DO wish he had the data link color molded or painted in gray or silver though. Maybe next time we could get a scanner scope.

The At-At driver is great but I LOVE this Snowtrooper. Very solid and very effective despite no neck articulation. I need one more AT-AT driver and I want to get three more Snowtroopers. I want at least 4 of each trooper type. I'm half way there with the Stormtroopers.

I'm also half way there with the Biker Scouts. These figures are also great, simple and effective. Wicket is also excellent. I still love the older Vintage Collection version with the green cape from the Ewoks cartoon, but this one is right up there for meas my second favorite. I'm very pleased to have him in my collection.

Last one for now. My Jedi Luke and Vader. The Vader is a version where they painted his helmet entirely in gloss black. It's not much of a difference from the original Mission Series release with that droid, but it's enough to display with Jedi Luke in the ROTJ section of figures. Luke...has BETTER eyes than the original releases but they are still beady. I think they left the blue tampo off, lol. I will eventually fix that but for now it only looks off in photos.

And that's it for now. I have a Luke in his pilots gear on the way, as well as a Yoda and another R2. I originally only bought R2 alone because I was looking for a Yoda with his eyes on straight. Hopefully the one I found on eBay is actually on straight. I couldn't tell by the picture but it looked good. Only the Endor Luke, Leia and Han and the Skiff Guard Lando and I believe I will be pretty much caught up.

Reaction score
Nevermind, didn't see your first post. Excuse me while I go wipe this egg off my face.
Lol, it's no biggie. I posted one set then the other. At some point I plan to have them all lined up together for a single group shot. I also plan to add some POTJ figures I think will fit in with these.

Reaction score
Just been messing around with the POTJ Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset, great little item which is quite versatile for recreating a number of scenes from TESB. The backdrop is from the modern cloud car release which now serves as a addition to the playset. Would be an idea for Hasbro to do this with modern playsets to keep the footprint down and create a decent sized item. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Just been messing around with the POTJ Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset, great little item which is quite versatile for recreating a number of scenes from TESB. The backdrop is from the modern cloud car release which now serves as a addition to the playset. Would be an idea for Hasbro to do this with modern playsets to keep the footprint down and create a decent sized item. Enjoy.

Good stuff Coreworld. I actually just found my box in storage that has my Freeze Chamber, Death Star Cell Block and Vintage Kenner Death Star Battlestation. hoping to get some time this weekend to set them up and take some pics :)

Reaction score

quick custom I did last night of "Behind the Scenes / deleted scenes" Hoth Commander Luke Skywalker. used the TFA Bespin Fatigues Luke (had an extra for the head and holster) and the Saga Legends Hoth Luke for the body. still has full articulation and working holster. the backdrop is the Vintage Kenner Hoth Rebel Commander Center.

Reaction score
Jedi Council Meeting, post Order 66:

"Karabast! Unwanted visitor. Get to the Phantom!"

"Chopper, I need those fuel lines released, now!"

Ahsoka: "Get to the ship, I'll cover you!"

Reaction score
Its probably one of those click-lights that you can pick up at hardware stores. I have a few (They came in a three pack) and used them with my TCW hologram figures. They just run on AAA batteries.

Reaction score
still a work in progress but last night I started my custom mining guild TIE Fighter:

- ran out of paint last night so it's off to the Hobby Shop at lunch to grab some more..... also going to attempt to make a custom pilot for the TIE

Reaction score
still a work in progress but last night I started my custom mining guild TIE Fighter:

- ran out of paint last night so it's off to the Hobby Shop at lunch to grab some more..... also going to attempt to make a custom pilot for the TIE
Awesome :)

Reaction score
quick update on the Rebels Mining Guild TIE Fighter:

still a lot of work to go (need to get the mining guild symbol on the wings, paint the laser canons and do touch ups on the paint in certain places) but I'm liking the look of it so far.

I let some of the original Kenner Blue/Grey leak through the yellow to give it a stolen/battle worn look. I figure the mining guild stole the TIE's from the Empire and then made the modifications to the wings and color scheme.

Reaction score
Looks great so far! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score

painted the mining guild logos on the wings of the TIE Fighter. - final touch-ups have been made. I Love the way this one came out.

Next up is the Sabine Art-deco TIE Fighter, still working on the Imperial Speeder bike and a custom pilot for the Mining Guild TIE

GNT

Reaction score
Looks good, I wish Hasbro would be making all the variations. Slight retool and paint job and we're all set.

Reaction score
updated Custom Imperial Speeder Bike as seen on Lothal. I added some darker grey wash to the certain parts of the bike to give it a weathered look.

Reaction score
In retrospect, it's incredible how awesome the original Joe Johnston designs were.

This bike is amazing, the AT-DP is better than the AT-ST and the single split engine X-Wing is better than the final four engine design.

It's a good decision that those designs were finally included in the Star Wars universe, media and toys.

Reaction score
next on tap for my customs are 2 Rebels A-Wings (going to do both the green and blue versions) and I have a concept EU style Clone Wars ship that I'm making for the Clone Troopers. something similar to the Jedi Interceptors but not as big as the Y-Wings and ARC-170's

Reaction score
That beautiful paint job makes you realize how finely detailed the sculpt is.
thank you. I agree both Kenner & Hasbro have been doing some amazing sculpts with the SW line since 1995. The TIE Fighter is actually one of my favorites. I remember the original Kenner version had stickers for the solar panels to achieve the look and when Kenner revamped the POTF 1995 line I was beyond excited to see an all new wing design for the iconic TIE fighter.

my biggest grip with Hasbro (and Kenner) in both respects is the lack of battle/dirty scarring on the ships. everything looks like it's brand new off the manufacturing lines. This is Star Wars (wars in the title) implying that both the ships/vehicles as well as the figures should have that sorta (quoting Mark Hamill from Star Wars to Jedi documentary) "lived in look.... maybe they were not of this world but that were from somewhere". I love the look of the new X-Wing from TFA and I have 2 of the Walmart blue version (one of which is going to get a dirt/battle scaring wash very soon). I'd love to see Hasbro pull out all the stops and give us some detailed weathering effects on the ships and vehicles and even the weapons. it's these little tiny details that really make a toy.

if you look closely at the Mining Guild TIE Fighter I made I let the original blue/grey plastic sorta bleed through the yellow paint. I did this for the simple fact that it gives it that old/battered look as well as the feeling that the Mining Guild stole the TIE's from the Empire before making the solar panel modifications and painting them.

I originally tried this same technic with the speeder bike but the white/grey paint I was using at first really was too weak to cover up the green of Ezra's speeder bike. So instead I spray painted the entire model in a flat military ghost grey and then did a darker ghost grey wash over that to give it the sorta beat-up look.

I'm actually looking forward to making the custom Rebels A-Wing fighters as well as Sabine's TIE and I'm even thinking about trying to do a few Millennium Falcon customs as well (if I can find some of the smaller Falcon's for cheap on eBay or at conventions/flea markets)

Reaction score
so I had an old G.I. Joe ship from back in the day that never really screamed G.I. Joe to me. it's the Cobra Stellar Stiletto. so I decided to make it an Expanded Universe style either Clone Wars or Rebels atmospheric starfighter. I'm not sure what I'll actually call it but here it is:

if anyone has any suggestions for a name feel free to comment.

Reaction score
so I had an old G.I. Joe ship from back in the day that never really screamed G.I. Joe to me. it's the Cobra Stellar Stiletto. so I decided to make it an Expanded Universe style either Clone Wars or Rebels atmospheric starfighter. I'm not sure what I'll actually call it but here it is:

if anyone has any suggestions for a name feel free to comment.
That looks cool DA, Howsabout First Order Strayfe Fighter?

Reaction score
That looks cool DA, Howsabout First Order Strayfe Fighter?
that's a possibility... I have a second one that I started so maybe I'll spray that one either flat or gloss black and add the special forces red in certain places to give it a First Order look.

this one in the picture is just a flat ghost gray primer with a thinned out dark gray wash over the ship.

but I like the idea of the FO starfighter. :)

Reaction score
took your advice Coreworld and started a new FO Strafe Starfighter using the Cobra Stellar Stiletto. using a metallic black that will hopefully make it look like it's metal and then going to add some blood red markings to make a special forces version similar to the TIE Fighter. I'll post pics once it is finished.

Reaction score
took your advice Coreworld and started a new FO Strafe Starfighter using the Cobra Stellar Stiletto. using a metallic black that will hopefully make it look like it's metal and then going to add some blood red markings to make a special forces version similar to the TIE Fighter. I'll post pics once it is finished.
Cool! I look forward to seeing that! : )