Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread

Reaction score
Your Saga Legends / Mission Series Collection - Picture Thread: post your collections, dioramas, & Kenner / retro mockups!

Reaction score
Thanks for setting this thread up so quickly, darth_sidious!

Here are some of mine, in roughly chronological order:

Reaction score
Had to have another look at them pics @EddieU. They are fantastic. On the second pass only just noticed your custom prototype death star droid. Been meaning to do this one for a while now, quick question, did you use one of those AMT Gigantics Preying Mantis kits or is it a sculpt (have a couple of the 90s reissues sat in my folks attic ready to use) Also high fives for that Mungo :)

Haven't made a diorama in over a decade (it kinda turned into my day job as a set designer/art director) but now you've give me the itch to crank out some vintage box/catalogue style ones.

Reaction score
Had to have another look at them pics @EddieU. They are fantastic. On the second pass only just noticed your custom prototype death star droid. Been meaning to do this one for a while now, quick question, did you use one of those AMT Gigantics Preying Mantis kits or is it a sculpt (have a couple of the 90s reissues sat in my folks attic ready to use) Also high fives for that Mungo :)

Haven't made a diorama in over a decade (it kinda turned into my day job as a set designer/art director) but now you've give me the itch to crank out some vintage box/catalogue style ones.
That's awesome, I can't wait to see 'em!! These figures just lend themselves so well to that sort of thing.:grin:

Yeah, I used one of the 90's (I think I made mine around 2002) reissue AMT Gigantics Mantis kits. Mungo was super-easy to do! I haven't done a custom for over a decade, but someday I want to do the rest of those '85/'86 "Kenner Line Extension" figures. Thanks for the kind words (and thanks to everybody else who commented or liked them)!

Reaction score
As long as Hasbro used the right kind/cut of fabric, wouldn't an Emperor's Royal Guard look great in this line?

(the MS Vader fits just fine in the ISP-6, but sadly, he's too tall to close the canopy.)

Reaction score
As long as Hasbro used the right kind/cut of fabric, wouldn't an Emperor's Royal Guard look great in this line?
Soft goods are pretty terrible at the mo so I think they'd have a tough time topping the '83 figure but I'd love to be proved wrong. I'd totally pick them up if so.

Reaction score
Seeing anyone with a MS Stormtrooper ticks me off, seeing someone with two….

Watch your back. :mad:

I want this little slice of plastic perfection SO much!!!

Another GREAT pic Eddie. You're a vintage "it getter."

:)

Reaction score
Thanks, man! I think all of us who dig these figures are vintage "it-getters" :grin: If you haven't seen them yet, check out TheRealDub's pics of the Alien ReAction figures--they look like they're straight out of a Kenner Toy Fair catalog!

Reaction score
Eddie - your pics are amazing man~!
Anything else that comes along is redundant. :D
Thanks, Mike--but untrue, your own pics, and plenty of other peoples', are proof of that. The head on your Han almost looks like a completely different paintjob from what I've got (or the other pics I've seen), or is that just the angle?

Reaction score
I had to look carefully at the four different Han/Chewie sets I saw, as the eyebrows on each Han, were quite poorly applied.
This was definitely the best of the lot.

I think it's just the angle I've taken the pic at. They all look the same -- some have "high brow".

Reaction score

Inspired by some of the awesome pics here I've decided my first custom project in years will be to create some vintage style prequel boxes for my mini-rigs (scratches, dents, creases included). Here's a quick photoshop mock up using camera phone pics. For the final one i'll get the right tone of mustard and some higher res pics to use. Looking forward to this little project....just need to dig out the rest of my mini rigs and pick up some more Saga Legends.

Reaction score
Inspired by some of the awesome pics here I've decided my first custom project in years will be to create some vintage style prequel boxes for my mini-rigs (scratches, dents, creases included). Here's a quick photoshop mock up using camera phone pics. For the final one i'll get the right tone of mustard and some higher res pics to use. Looking forward to this little project....just need to dig out the rest of my mini rigs and pick up some more Saga Legends.
If the mock-up is this rad, can't wait to see the finished project! Mini-Rigs seem to work so well with these figures because though they're iconic to us in their own right, they don't have the "baggage" that ships like the X-Wing or the Falcon do (though the SL Stormtrooper sure looks great in the TIE Fighter...).

Reaction score
If the mock-up is this rad, can't wait to see the finished project! Mini-Rigs seem to work so well with these figures because though they're iconic to us in their own right, they don't have the "baggage" that ships like the X-Wing or the Falcon do (though the SL Stormtrooper sure looks great in the TIE Fighter...).
Thanks :) I think you're spot on regarding the mini-rigs working well.

It's going to be fun, just figuring out which figures go with which.

Provisionally I'm thinking

Revenge of the Sith
MLC-3 with Anakin and 501st
Endor forest ranger (Kashyyk) with Super Battle Droid and Chewie

Attack of the Clones

MTV-7 with Windu & phase1 Clone.

Clone Wars
Sail Skiff with Darth Maul and kenobi

Phantom Menace
this http://darthmaulsith.tripod.com/bdtank.jpg (though I might try and lose the blast marks by adding retro style decals)

(I'm totally into my bolded lists today!)

Reaction score
This thread inspired me to open up and display a bunch of my SL/MS figs. Thanks to all of you for that ;)

And showing love to POTF2, Vintage Collection, Saga Legends, Mission Series, and Black Series

Reaction score
This thread inspired me to open up and display a bunch of my SL/MS figs. Thanks to all of you for that ;)
And showing love to POTF2, Vintage Collection, Saga Legends, Mission Series, and Black Series
It feels like they put aside all of their articulation differences to come together and celebrate the good Admiral's "Man of the Year" award! :grin:

Reaction score

This is why I shouldn't keep toys on my desk when I have illustration deadlines!

Reaction score
EddieU - AWESOME work! Especially love the pics with the Kenner Cantina, Dewback, and Rancor!

Please post more pics when you have time!

Reaction score
EddieU - AWESOME work! Especially love the pics with the Kenner Cantina, Dewback, and Rancor!

Please post more pics when you have time!
Thanks, Ben! I really wish there were some Hoth-based SL/MS figures, because the 2 feet of snow outside my windows feels like it's going to waste.:p

Reaction score
This Maul is particularly difficult to photograph - the face always turns out too dark.
Could be the face that they've used a darker shade of red on the face, than the torso

Reaction score
pop him on a dark background, should help a bit. But yeah, the dark head is a shame.

Reaction score
He almost has enough to fill up the Imperial Troop Transport.

I'd love to see a picture of that!
I would, too! Sadly, the only ITT I have is a trashed, yellowed one missing pieces and sentenced to a box in my basement. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on a "new" one, though. ;)

Reaction score
I would, too! Sadly, the only ITT I have is a trashed, yellowed one missing pieces and sentenced to a box in my basement. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal on a "new" one, though. ;)
We're totally getting a new one. I'm holding off on a eBay buy until Rebels has been out for a year or two.

Reaction score
i still have my original talking Troop Transport (but the electronics no longer work :( )

i can't wait to see a new one from Hasbro with the Rebels line. I'm really excited to see what the new series brings to the table but still upset that they cancelled Clone Wars.... I would have loved to see a season 6 that ties into ROTS and maybe a bonus 60 minute episode that went into even more detail about Order 66 and the other jedi that were killed or fleed that were not shown in ROTS.

Reaction score
i still have my original talking Troop Transport (but the electronics no longer work :( )

i can't wait to see a new one from Hasbro with the Rebels line. I'm really excited to see what the new series brings to the table but still upset that they cancelled Clone Wars.... I would have loved to see a season 6 that ties into ROTS and maybe a bonus 60 minute episode that went into even more detail about Order 66 and the other jedi that were killed or fleed that were not shown in ROTS.
Well, I'm guessing Cartoon Network and Disney can't play nice. :)

I'm guardedly optimistic about Rebels. And the Sequels. I have more faith in Filoni than Abrams though.