Your Dream Figure?

Reaction score
Edit: Wouldn't thanks no edit button! ^^^

I'd definitely buy Barada and a Yotts Oren in the TBS line, or even if they had 10ish POA. But if made 5POA only, sadly I'd have to decline.

Krell is definitely a figure I've wanted in realistic form, he just isn't in my dream category. Unfortunately he died, so there's not a lot attention spent on him. At one time I had though Hasbro might do a few more realistic versions of TCW characters. But now that rebels is out, it's 99% unlikely. Seems he'll need a Poll to get any traction. And even then he might wind up 6" lol

Reaction score
It's not a matter of likeness rights for Hasbro. Those actresses are basically the only two that refused to sign over their rights to Lucas. One of the books had a story about them not being the actual Tonnika sisters, but assassins posing as the sisters. Didn't work as far as making figures goes. One of the two signed hers over before passing away, but then there was a dispute as to which one she actually played. It's a lot of nonsensical mess.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of TVC
It's not a matter of likeness rights for Hasbro. Those actresses are basically the only two that refused to sign over their rights to Lucas. One of the books had a story about them not being the actual Tonnika sisters, but assassins posing as the sisters. Didn't work as far as making figures goes. One of the two signed hers over before passing away, but then there was a dispute as to which one she actually played. It's a lot of nonsensical mess.
Yea i've heard that story as well. That one of them signed their rights over before passing but the other didn't. So the situation may be in limbo... though why the estate of (of if the actress is still alive) never signed that check is odd.

As for the the side story from the books about the pair not actually being the Tonnika sisters its stems from a retcon from the RPG game where the sisters are exact twins and con artists so them being different heights in ANH was changed to have the two women posing as them actually a pair of female enforcement agents from from Dathormir's .. singing mountain tribe? errr...The tribe of witches on the light side basically (idr exactly its been a while), had been hunting for an operative/smuggler or something and were going in disguise as the sisters to catch him and then lots of other stuff happens.. its in the "Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina" book iirc.

Since Lucas has the rights they could just make a "Tonnika Sister" and have her in the 2 colors of the spacebabe suits. (shrugs)

Reaction score
Since Lucas has the rights they could just make a "Tonnika Sister" and have her in the 2 colors of the spacebabe suits. (shrugs)
This may work, possibly. However, I'm guessing that Lflm./Hasbro/Disney doesn't want to bother doing this since they may get into legal hot water over it. And, there are so many other figures they could make that not being able to make one (or two, as the case may be) is no real skin off their nose.

That being said, there was a Galoob Toys Micro-machine set (1990's) that did include an tiny Tonnika Sister; but, you can barely tell who this is - and, the facial features are non-existent - here's an interesting blog/article from 2010 discussing this:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6929

There's some more discussion on this in a blog?! from 2015 - about mid-way down the page:

http://www.galactichunter.com/GH/story/qa-cantina-twins-rebels-toys-and-star-wars-posters

Reaction score
Or they could just rename her character in the new Canon, and introduce her in Rebels somehow.

Reaction score
Actually, one of the Tonnikas (or rather, it might be her) seems to make an "appearance" on an episode of The Clone Wars - can't find a link to a pic. of this, however.

Reaction score
Oh really? Man she must be pretty old then, to still be kickin it in ANH. lol
It was just a screen image of someone who looked like one of the Tonnikas; I think it was more of an "homage" to the character rather than trying to depict the character herself. Remember that, in the EU, the Tonnika's are nebulous characters anyway - apparently there are more than just two of them out there, and the ones in the ANH cantina were supposedly "impersonating" the "real" Tonnikas.

I agree that if Lflm. really wanted to make figure(s) of the character(s), it seems they could easily shoe-horn a character(s) who looked like a Tonnika into one of the new films (or Rebels cartoon), call them something else, and then make a figure of them; as with many of the most obscure SW characters, this Tonnika wouldn't even need to be seen much in the film/cartoon; just a glimpse would do - they've made figures of characters that were only seen for a couple of seconds, so I wouldn't think there would be an issue with this. After all, my understanding is that the likeness issue re: the actresses that played the Tonnika(s) is only related to the face, not the outfit - after all, Lflm. (and now Disney) should still own the outfit/hairstyle that the actresses were wearing in the film.

I think it's also interesting that out of all the numerous SW characters in the films (main & obscure), these two are the only ones that Lflm./Hasbro has had an issue with making figures of. I also think it's ridiculous that these issues are because the two actresses want to be paid $ for the use of their likenesses - do they really think Lflm. would do this?! After all, if it hasn't happened already it won't. And, since one of the actresses has already passed, she sure didn't benefit financially from trying to gouge Lflm.

I've dealt with greedy copyright holders in the past, and they make me sick (people that want money for their likeness are in the same category as these folks). They can take their greed & stick it where the sun won't shine, because they won't be getting any $ from this deal - ever.

Reaction score
How about a 5 pack of Warwick Davis' characters...

Wicket
Wald
Weazel
Wollivan
Weeteef Cyubee

How awesome would that be? Can anyone say Celebration Exclusive? (I'd rather not have it as an exclusive, but it's not likely coming otherwise)

Reaction score
After all, my understanding is that the likeness issue re: the actresses that played the Tonnika(s) is only related to the face, not the outfit - after all, Lflm. (and now Disney) should still own the outfit/hairstyle that the actresses were wearing in the film.
Yeah, that's what's always confused me. Obviously, the actresses have the rights to their own faces, but they couldn't possibly have a claim on the characters themselves, right? And by "character" I really mean "character appearance," which, as you said would include costumes, makeup, hairstyle, etc. So, what's stopping Hasbro from releasing Tonnika sisters action figures that have costumes and hairstyles that match the movie, but with completely different faces? I realize this isn't a perfect solution, and I do like figures to be as accurate as possible. But given their amount of screen time and the fact they aren't exactly integral to the story, would anyone really be upset if they bought Tonnika figures and their faces weren't screen accurate? I'd be totally fine with it myself. I mean, it's not Luke and Han we're talking about here.

Reaction score
Whoops. Didn't realize this was already covered. That's what happens when I don't at least read the last few pages of a thread.

Good point. I have a Tonnika Sister Galoob Action Fleet figure, so how does that work exactly? As far as likenesses go, you could use any modern female GI Joe figure's face and no one would bat an eyelid. I don't believe, as extras in a sci fi film they have intellectual property rights over any character they have played. Perhaps it's the fact they were not playing characters at the time, but were just extras. Have seen the potential for their likeness to be used and placed an some sort of injunction, in the hope they would get something out of it.
Any generic face will do. I'm no lawyer, but I have to believe likeness rights only go so far.

And beyond what I said earlier... I've also heard it said that they'd never make the "Star *****s" as they were supposedly referred to by some. But they'll make a drug dealer (Elan Sleazebaggano *one of the worst names of all time btw), a slave dancer (Oola), a crime boss (Jabba), and wanted criminals (Dr. Evazon) and murderers and such.

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what's always confused me. Obviously, the actresses have the rights to their own faces, but they couldn't possibly have a claim on the characters themselves, right? And by "character" I really mean "character appearance," which, as you said would include costumes, makeup, hairstyle, etc. So, what's stopping Hasbro from releasing Tonnika sisters action figures that have costumes and hairstyles that match the movie, but with completely different faces? I realize this isn't a perfect solution, and I do like figures to be as accurate as possible. But given their amount of screen time and the fact they aren't exactly integral to the story, would anyone really be upset if they bought Tonnika figures and their faces weren't screen accurate? I'd be totally fine with it myself. I mean, it's not Luke and Han we're talking about here.
Good points - it has always been unclear to me as to why Lflm./Hasbro can't make the Tonnikas in some form. And, yes, I don't think that the actresses playing the roles owned the copyrights to the braided, unique hair-style (obviously a wig) & the distinctive colorful outfits. As far as 3.75" figure likenesses go, I don't think I've ever seen a figure in that scale that really resembles an actor/actress too much. In the 12" scale, maybe - but not 3.75".

Reaction score
It was just a screen image of someone who looked like one of the Tonnikas; I think it was more of an "homage" to the character rather than trying to depict the character herself. Remember that, in the EU, the Tonnika's are nebulous characters anyway - apparently there are more than just two of them out there, and the ones in the ANH cantina were supposedly "impersonating" the "real" Tonnikas.
They confirmed at the time that it was the real Tonnika Twin, I want to say Brea but could be wrong on that bit

Reaction score
They confirmed at the time that it was the real Tonnika Twin, I want to say Brea but could be wrong on that bit
Interesting. In any case, the inclusion of this character in TCW cartoon does indicate that the character(s) is still on the mind of SW fans. At the time, I wondered if this would result in an animated version of this character - but, obviously that didn't happen.

I think there's still a chance a Tonnika figure (or figures) will come out at some point down the road, but of course am not sure about this. Hopefully if it ever does come out I'll still be collecting & will still be able to appreciate the figure - LOL.

Reaction score
They'd be boring but I'd like to see

Clieg Lars

Cantina Midget

I'd actually be satisfied to get some easy repainted or kitbashed figures

Reaction score
Sorry about the double post. Please delete one. System kept asking if i wanted to leave the page when i tried to submit.

Reaction score
Winter. I was hoping she'd come out when the EU was big (same thing with Guri). I prefer the longer-haired "Thrawn trilogy" comic version over the short-haired "X-Wing Rogue Sq" version.

Reaction score
I'l take a Better Yoda, A better Luke Bespin and a better Luke Jedi! Add in Liea Hoth and Han and Leia Bespin!

Reaction score
Um, those are hardly dream figures. Considering there are some recently done version that are pretty good updates IMO. Only one who really needs a better sculpt is Yoda. But I sure wouldn't waste him on a dream slot. lol

Reaction score
I'd love an (updated) Dash Rendar, and a Leebo figure as well. Hell, maybe even a 2 pack.

Not really a dream figure even though I collect pilots, but Red 10 Theron Nett. Just because he is the last on screen pilot that needs to get made. I mean hell, we get Lipera over Nett?

That Y-wing was pretty sweet though.

Reaction score
Um, those are hardly dream figures. Considering there are some recently done version that are pretty good updates IMO. Only one who really needs a better sculpt is Yoda. But I sure wouldn't waste him on a dream slot. lol
Maybe to him, those are dream figures.

Reaction score
I'd still like to see a Jaxxon action figure. This is my most wanted figure behind a Tonnika Sisters two-pack.

Reaction score
Said it b4 and I'll say it again...tonnika sisters and ishi tib (jabba's palace). . 3x tie for most wanted. For tonnika, I'd settle for the l8nger blonde haired, white helmeted, pink outfitted version from original marvel comic adaptation

Reaction score
Pong Krell seems to be the dream figure - he was nominated by nearly all websites for the Fans Choice Poll, but wasn't put forward by Hasbro as a voting option. He then crushed the competition in the Hasbro Pulse poll. Hasbro should give fans what they want.

Reaction score
For me, it is TCW Obi Wan in Darth Maul Red Mando Armor.

Funny thing is that it could be easily made with kit bashing. A head from this Obi Wan, the body from a Mando solider. Paint in some red trim, and maybe add some extras. ...

Reaction score
yes. But per Hasbro, kitbashing is more expensive than anew sculpt. Thus they might as well make a new figure, but won't happen because this is long past. And they were never that into TCW it seemed. I also wanted Rako Hardeen, could have been a 2 for 1 deal with an extra head!

Reaction score
Yep, there will never be another TCW figure made. They have done some characters in the Realistic lines, but really, the TCW era has been dead since 2012.

Shame, as those figures moved quickly during their reign. It still kills me how hasbro cut the line down in season 3 and we missed so much great opportunities in those last few seasons. So many memorable characters, so few made.

Reaction score
Which is odd, considering Hasbro admitted that the CW animated line was one of the best sellers - ever. Kids really got into the series / toys yet Hasbro phased them out without covering a number of fan favorites. I think we'll see more realistic CW characters in TVC, as a number of them ranked in various fan polls.