You made or broke your C4 budget?

Reaction score
Beings this was my first celebration I didn't have any idea how much I would spend. With that said I didn't have a budget, but I busted out the credit card for the first time in about 10 years, so I cruised in with no balance and high limits!!

I thought I did pretty well, I pre-ordered all the exclusives, and managed to pick up about everything I wanted. The amazing part was that my wife said yes to everything I wanted, and she was the one buying the high price stuff that made me whince!! Whatever I wasn't complaining, and I ended up getting a lot of awesome stuff that I probably would have regreted not getting (McQuarrie book). Final count: around $1000.

Reaction score
BROKE IT!!!!!!!!
Total expense: close to $4,000.00

AND, I live in San Diego and DID not have to pay for plane or hotel.

ARRRGGHH, with Comic Con around the corner too!

iHu

Reaction score
Well, to those of you who hit it under the mark -- cheers, you are in the blessed minority around these parts! But it also sounds like most of us paid over and regret nothing. Just cover those c.c. debts people, or your $20 exclusive action figure is going to wind up costing you $40 in the long run.

Cash/debit only was how I handled my vacation, so I "felt" every purchase in real time (hey what a concept). I brought a c.c in case something really bad happened to my car (it would've had to have been catastrophic, which is always a possibility), but left it in my luggage the entire trip.

Ultimately, the memories are priceless at any cost, to all of us. Any vacation feels that way.

Reaction score
JohnA said:
Ok, I gotta know, what did you buy, Joe? Especially since Derek is hot for it. I mean the guy already has EVERYTHING!!

John
I almost forgot about this thread... I picked up a 4-up for my Leia hoth focus. Pretty cool also.

Joe

Reaction score
Oohhhh, that's right. Derek did mention to me that he went to buy it from Jordan and you had already gotten it. Kudos! Nice piece.

John

Reaction score
JohnA said:
Oohhhh, that's right. Derek did mention to me that he went to buy it from Jordan and you had already gotten it. Kudos! Nice piece.

John
Yeah rub it in you fake tough guy

Uncle Gundy

Reaction score
Made it, and put the extra money to use buy a GG PG membership ::cringes::

Reaction score
I went over budget by about $500 and I have no idea how. I had $400 cash, that basically went in two days and used CC for the rest of the weekend. I'm not even counting the stuff other people ask me to get for them, I've got most of the money back but it still hurts. At least I get CC points.

Reaction score
I went over by about 100 bucks. I spent half of saturday trying to find a box big enough to ship home my Dagobah X-wing. I ended up having to open it up and barely fit it in my suitcase. Also, no food = more swag

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
wait a sec, you guys had BUDGETS?!

;-)

*mental note to self, create budget for next show, so you won't be broke the remainder of the year.

Reaction score
Dustin said:

;-)

*mental note to self, create budget for next show, so you won't be broke the remainder of the year.
Oh, we all have budgets. Except when you get to the show, the budget magically increases, half the time without you knowing.

Michael_Ritter

Reaction score
Dustin said:

;-)

If you guys are worried about budgets, just be happy you didn't go to CE. That trip was VERY expensive compared to C4. At one point I was hemoraging money it was so bad. But fortunately I didn't have to worry too much about a budget and the trip was awesome to say the least. I may have to try one of these "budget" things when it comes to C5.

Mike

Reaction score
I stayed within my budget.... but not because I was trying, my stupid ol' bank decided that my card had been stolen and froze my account, after my big purchase at the CIV Store!
But it's alright, I fought with the bank and won!
And it's just more money for me to spend at the convention in Dallas this fall... it's a mini CIV.

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
If you're going to the SciFi Expo in Plano in October, see you there!
Oh yeah, I'll be there!
I'm gonna really geek out and wear my CIV lanyard, badge, and RS badge.