you have to join hyperspace just to view things!

Reaction score
Re: you have to join hyperspace just to view thing

That is pretty stupid...I hate that.

Reaction score

Yeah, and it's still 20 bucks...that's 20 bucks I don't have.

Reaction score
Santa_bayleef said:
silly really. you ahve to join hyperspace just to see certain things.
Uh, welcome to starwars.com? It's been like that for a while now. The "exclusive" info isn't that great either, most of it I can pass by. And please don't gripe about it costing $20.00, some members had to pay $40.00 before the announcement of the sale.

Reaction score
Another way for the Lucas company to make some dough. It's pathetic, really.

Reaction score
They had this promotional seven day trial, and from what I found was basically nothing!

Reaction score
Sentinel said:
They had this promotional seven day trial, and from what I found was basically nothing!
Really? I had the trial three different occassions and I could view everything. Did you just wait for new hyperspace material when you joined or did you view the archives like I did.

Reaction score
It is just so lucas can swim in money it is ridiculous but when that week trial happened I saw it wasn't that big thing so I can live without it Im glad that here there is no such thing

Reaction score
I know its expensive but I dont know why you gripe about it costing money, when you upgrade to hyperspace all the ads are removed so teh site no longer makes any money, in order for them to show it for free and still break even thay would have to be swimming in ads which is incredibly annoying, I would say you should get it, it really is worth it. And if you think about its only 12 cents or so a day.

Reaction score

It sucks, but I might sign back up just to be able to get exclusives like the star corps bucket. The whole access to Variety magazine archives thing has tempted me as well.

Reaction score

the main reason I liked hyperspace was to catch up on clone wars 1 and watch clone wars 2 at the time before either was realeased on dvdto me that was woth the extra cash,but now i dont know maybe ill get again around the time the tv series comes out or the next animated clone wars

Reaction score
i don't like hyperspace.

so why do i still pay for it? well i've been a member for years so its a "why not factor" at this point.

but when the price was up due to the crap online content, (doesn't that render the mag. useless?????????? i mean really?) i had to bite the bullet.

but since i stoped collecting
i figure why not spend that little amount a year in the place of the hundreds of dollars a year i used to spend.

the only real problem is there nothing your paying for in my book, when it stared it had stuff you wanted to see, now its just junk. they should really add more stuff anything at this point.

so yea, you have to join hyperspace just to view things, maybe we should just download and keep them? hell i pass my acount info around to people. i mean for 40 bucks i'm gunna get all i can out of it!!!!!

Reaction score
The only time I ever had a subscription was for C3, and that wasn't even worth it.

Reaction score
SW.com is the only non-pron site I've ever been to that asks for money to view exclusive content. most other websites seem to be set up with the very idea of exclusive content being the deciding factor in their making. I personally think the website is supposed to be a marketing/promotional tool, not another product, but I suppose that is up to GL and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie to decide, if they can take time from swimming around in the subscribers' money.

just a little question...how much money does it take to run a website vs. how much money George Lucas (the man, not even the LFL company or the SW films) makes in a year?

Reaction score
i've joined hyperspace but every time i enter my email adress and password they erase everthing and latherance repeat
btw i have been waiting for my membership kit since january

Reaction score
craggy said:
SW.com is the only non-pron site I've ever been to that asks for money to view exclusive content. most other websites seem to be set up with the very idea of exclusive content being the deciding factor in their making. I personally think the website is supposed to be a marketing/promotional tool, not another product, but I suppose that is up to GL and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie to decide, if they can take time from swimming around in the subscribers' money.
That's the other thing. Hyperspace membership should be for all members with the amount of pop-up ads and "Skip advert" pages that constantly come up during my time on the forum. The funny thing is I usually have my pop-up blocker up all the way but hey, it's starwars.com afterall.

Reaction score
Actually Hyperspace was good to great during the production and filming of EP3, but after the movie was released it is pretty much nothing special.

Reaction score
Agree with most all previous posts. It's totally not worth it IMO right now. Unfortunately I had to re-up to be eligible to purchase that Coppola & Lucas signed edition of "Cinema by the Bay" book a few months ago. The ONLY thing that is KINDA interesting right now is the conceptual design art for a Vader video game that should come out next year. Pretty lame, when ya think about it.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sevb27 said:
Actually Hyperspace was good to great during the production and filming of EP3, but after the movie was released it is pretty much nothing special.
How dare you! My Millennium Falcon article was behind the Hyperspace Curtain and it was awesome. But then I would say that

Jeremy

Reaction score

You really gotyour moneys worth of hyperspace when episode 3 was in production, with all the videos and such.