Yoda vs Darth Sidious Diorama

Reaction score
Now listed as "In-Stock" on SSC. Really tempted to pull the trigger, but I need to see in-hand pics. The Yoda skin tone looks really grainy, as does his robes - almost like they used a dry-brushing technique, whereas maybe a wash would have been better.

Reaction score
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
Now listed as "In-Stock" on SSC. Really tempted to pull the trigger, but I need to see in-hand pics. The Yoda skin tone looks really grainy, as does his robes - almost like they used a dry-brushing technique, whereas maybe a wash would have been better.
I'm dying to see pics!!!!!!!!Anybody?

Reaction score
I think people are smartening up on these dios (at least me). I was suckered into paying full price on many of them, but almost all of them could be had for half price on ebay in due time. I see no reason for this to be different - especially since there is no exclusive version.

Reaction score
Next to the PF's SS dios are my favorite things to collect. Because of the size, and price, I have to be picky. I'm so itching to see this! I did have it on pre-order but had to cancel. If it comes out as good as Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, Diplomatic Mission, Duel of the Fates and Yoda vs. Dooku I may have to trade up the Sidious LSB for this. PICS?!?!

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I think people are smartening up on these dios (at least me). I was suckered into paying full price on many of them, but almost all of them could be had for half price on ebay in due time. I see no reason for this to be different - especially since there is no exclusive version.
I wish it wasn't so easy to get deals on these things when they first come out. I mean, most online stores have this for less than SSC and without an Ex, what's the point of going to SSC? Personally, I like supporting them and will spend alittle extra money to get something from them even if it means only the vain hope that I'm helping keep a given line afloat. LOTR Dios have dropped off with the introduction of the LOTR Maquette line - I'm hoping that doesn't happen with SW when they get their Maquettes.

Reaction score
forcesensitive said:
any pics???
Still nothing and nothing on the Freaks board. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually bought this Dio.

Maybe I should rush out and buy one, I might get really low Edition Number...

Reaction score
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
forcesensitive said:
any pics???
Still nothing and nothing on the Freaks board. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone actually bought this Dio.

I got one from Sideshow and it was #6. I like the diorama.

Reaction score
Darth_Malign said:
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
forcesensitive said:
any pics???

I got one from Sideshow and it was #6. I like the diorama.

Pics please!

Reaction score
Still no pics?!
I've got a bad feeling that the dio line isn't going to last. I hope, at the VERY least, the Anakin/Tusken's & ESB Vader/Luke get released.

Reaction score
lordquigon said:
Still no pics?!
I've got a bad feeling that the dio line isn't going to last. I hope, at the VERY least, the Anakin/Tusken's & ESB Vader/Luke get released.
I agree - the star wars dio line will likely be ending soon. I have stopped pre-ordering any of them and will wait 1 or 2 years to score them for 50% off...

Reaction score
It looks bad due to poor sales and the introduction of the Star Wars maquette line. The same thing has happened with the LOTR line, where maquettes are being introduced and the dios are now on hold.

What's funny is that the Yoda/Sidiuos dio has an edition size of 500 and it was mentioned in the recent newsletter that there were only a few left, yet no one has posted in-hand pics anywhere (here or at SSF). Meanwhile, the Obi-Wan LSB which has been criticized from the begining and has a lower edition size of 300, at least has a few in-hands posted. Just doesn't go over well...

Reaction score
Ugh. Not good at all. Yoda's skin tone is too flat and the wrong color green. The rest of the piece just looks very sloppy.

This is easily a pass.

Reaction score
I like the sculpt (especially the faces) but I agree, the paint application leaves much to be desired.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I like the sculpt (especially the faces) but I agree, the paint application leaves much to be desired.
From what I can see the sculpts look great. It's hard to tell about the paint apps the flash might be drowning out the color. I REALLY would like to see more pics!

Reaction score
good point. I would love to see more pics as well. Did SS give up on the light up feature for this piece?

Reaction score
ambasah said:
good point. I would love to see more pics as well. Did SS give up on the light up feature for this piece?
Not sure?
That's another reason for more pics!

Reaction score
I had high hopes for this piece, but it looks like Fred Kruger in robes Vs Yoda.

Reaction score
Yoda vs. Sidious showed up today!!!! AWESOME diorama!!! I have a feeling this is going to be a sleeper. Especially with a piece count of 550. There is no light up feature, would have been cool but not necessary. The only thing I don't like is the peg of Sidious's Lightsaber is plastic , not metal. I tried to get some good close up shots, just don't have the right camera for that. It looks MUCH better in person. Great sculpts, paint apps and poses. It's SS, what'd you expect.

There's more pics in my limelight.

Reaction score
Looks nice and a great scene from the saga!
Wish I had space for Dio's.

Reaction score
nice score. BUT big thunbs down to Sideshow for taking away the light up feature and still selling it for the same high price. Funny how they made absolutely no mention of the change.

Reaction score
The paint on Yoda and Palpatine's faces are the only thing holding me back.

It is very surprising that SSC didn't mention the light-up feature was gone.

Reaction score
Jedi_Eeth_Koth said:
The paint on Yoda and Palpatine's faces are the only thing holding me back.

It is very surprising that SSC didn't mention the light-up feature was gone.
The paint apps look MUCH BETTER in person. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't get a "true color" pic of these. The flash keep drowning it out and I don't have a macro lens for good close ups, especially for this scale. I wasn't disappointed! It's an awesome piece!

Reaction score
Mine finally shipped yesterday. I am not very good taking pictures, but I will try to take some close up pics when it arrives.