Yoda vs Darth Sidious Diorama

Reaction score
Very pleased to see this; will make an excellent companion to the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan piece.

Reaction score
Re: Yoda vs Darth Sidious

I am a little disappointed with the choice...especially since koto did a good job on their version.

Reaction score

I think it's great

somehow I missed Koto version so far , so this is most welcome

Reaction score

I'm typically not a diorama collector, but this ranks up there with Vader vs. Kenobi IMO

I think it's a given most of us want the sabers to light up, but they could really add to it if some of the buttons on the stand lit up as well.

Reaction score

Looks excellent but I have a feelin I'm close to going completely OT with my collection -

Reaction score

ambasah said:
I am a little disappointed with the choice...especially since koto did a good job on their version.
But I think the Koto is just that...good. This has the potential to be great. I always thought the lightening effect on the Koto looked kind of cheesy.
Oh, and I have no interest in light up anything on my statues. I don't keep batteries in them so if no light up features mean lower cost, I'd rather have a smaller price tag.

Reaction score

Looking good so far, but i'll wait until i see the completed painted version. I won't be getting one as i have too much on order already and storage issues are becoming an issue.

Reaction score
BenObi_70 said:
ambasah said:
But I think the Koto is just that...good. This has the potential to be great. I always thought the lightening effect on the Koto looked kind of cheesy.
Oh, and I have no interest in light up anything on my statues. I don't keep batteries in them so if no light up features mean lower cost, I'd rather have a smaller price tag.
I agree on all counts...I guess my feeling is why SS is spending their energy on providing "better" versions of existing statues that are "good", when they could instead be giving us entirely new dioramas that other companies haven't produced.

Where is:
esb luke vs vader?
aotc obi vs jango?
rotj vader,luke,emporer?
and I could go on and on...

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I agree on all counts...I guess my feeling is why SS is spending their energy on providing "better" versions of existing statues that are "good", when they could instead be giving us entirely new dioramas that other companies haven't produced.

Where is:
esb luke vs vader?
aotc obi vs jango?
rotj vader,luke,emporer?
and I could go on and on...
Yep, we certainly need to see those (and many other) dios. And I've always wondered about these companies cutting into each other's business. Not that long ago we had both GG and SS doing their own Jabba's palace and Hoth/Wampa/Tauntauns statues. This forces us collectors to pick a favorite so both companies lose some business. I don't know why LFL liscensing doesn't step in in these situations and "encourage" the company to try something else.

Reaction score
This looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing the finished version.

Reaction score
Shame the robe is the wrong colour. It's the lighting that makes it look brown in some shots in the movie. It should be "elephant grey" according to the Dressing A Galaxy book. Interestingly Sideshow managed to get this correct on their 12" scale Senate Duel Darth Sidious figure.

Reaction score
I am still having a tough time with the price point, especially when the koto version (which is really nice) can be had for about $75.

Reaction score
The new product photos are kind of underwhelming. For the time being, I'm going to pass on this item.

Reaction score
I really really like it, and want it...however I'm running out of room and I'm getting Talon. So I'm not sure if I want to try and swing this or not.

:S

YW

Reaction score
I like this peace a lot more than I thought I would!
I pre-ordered it, not sure when it's coming out. Hopefully I can get up the funds before it gets released.

Reaction score
I am surprised there is no exclusive. we will get the fb version soon enough though.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
I am surprised there is no exclusive. we will get the fb version soon enough though.
You'd be a bit limited as to what the exclusive would be though. What would you suggest ambasah?

Reaction score
I thought maybe change of hands "force lightning" similiar to the koto version.

Reaction score
as much as I wanted to like this - the pose of yoda just bothers me. The pose is okay, it is the fact that his right leg just looks awkward. I'm so used to not seeing his legs that this just doesn't look right to me.

Just my opinion, congrats to those who are getting him.