Yoda - VOTC

Reaction score
Re: VOTC Yoda

BigDumbWookiee said:
I thought it was helpful! Now I can drive down to Greenwood and see if there's any left to snag!
Let us know if you scored!

Reaction score

LOL that must be the geekiest thing ever said at this forum LOL jk

Reaction score

Collector Beavis: Hey Butthead! We`re gonna score! We`re gonna score! N-hey hey hey!

Collector Butthead: Yeah! U-huh! This is gonna be cool!
Chicks love action figures!

Reaction score

Just found him this morning at my local Target. I like the sculpt and LOVE the cardback!!! I think I like the OTC Yoda a little better but all-in-all, a great addition for all you Yoda lovers...

GNT

Reaction score

Nice review and pictures Billy Ray much appreciated
Nice to finally see Yoda's 2 seperate legs with 3 toes under his cloth skirt. Your sure the snake can't bend into another position?

Reaction score

Well, it is flexable, but it is not a "bendie". I mean, it doesn't have a wire inside so that it can hold other positions. For some reason that was what I was expecting.

Reaction score

The Photo Archive now include many images of VOTC Yoda!

I really like the final product- if only the paint job on his eyes would be more accurate he'd be even better.

GNT

Reaction score

Sweet..

Hasbro did a great job with the new Yoda, I have still yet to see him at retail. oh well

Reaction score

I saw it, but passed. I just can't see myself spending ten bucks for a figure half the size of the others.

Reaction score

Not so keen on this figure, probally my least fav out of all the VOTC figures.

He is not worth the price tag, should have included more accessorys to make him worth it and the soft goods are way to bulky. The head sculpt seems to round and fat also.

I do really like the articulation and the snake though, but really I prefer the OTC version of Yoda over this one.

GNT

Reaction score

It seems Yoda is a figure you either love or you don't. What other accessories would you have given to improve Yoda Steve?

Reaction score

I ended up liking this after opening mine. It's a decent sculpt and the soft goods can be fixed. I do agree that he could have had more accessories, though. Perhaps some cooking pots or an iguana...

Reaction score

I would have gone with either a survival kit much like the one included with the X-Wing or a flying reptile.

I also would have liked the Snake to be able to fit around Yodas neck like the vintage version.

Although as you said GNT, this is defentily a love/hate figure.

Reaction score

Actually I didn't have great hopes for this figure, the pictures I saw look kinda naff however ...

He is pretty cool find you finally get your hands on him, at last a Yoda with two legs!!!!

He's very delicate, and the snake's a bit of a let down, but he's still one cool green Jedi machine!

Sorry about that, got carried away.

I'd rate him 7/10, good but not great.

Reaction score

I have to say that I do prefer the OTC Yoda to the VOTC version, but I like it nonetheless. The robe is a bit bulky, but when the garments are that small, it's hard to avoid I guess. Not the best Yoda out there, but at least it isn't TPM Yoda....lol.

GNT

Reaction score

GH have posted a review of the VOTC Yoda, check it out here if you haven't already.
Still no signs of Yoda here yet...

Reaction score

Boushh said:
Not the best Yoda out there, but at least it isn't TPM Yoda....lol.
The TPM Yoda figure is one of the finest Ep 1 figures- it's a spitting image of the puppet. The figure is great- you just don't like the puppet's design. Too bad for you, I guess.

Reaction score

imo the votc yoda is the best ever released,the only problem i have with it is he should have came with a orange snake

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Boushh said:
Not the best Yoda out there, but at least it isn't TPM Yoda....lol.
The TPM Yoda figure is one of the finest Ep 1 figures- it's a spitting image of the puppet. The figure is great- you just don't like the puppet's design. Too bad for you, I guess.
I'm not a fan of the design to be honest, so I guess you're right. I don't think it's too bad at all, but to each his/her own I suppose.

Reaction score

I thought VOTC yoda looked strange at first. I think he looks great after checking the figure out in person. It's nice to see a yoda where the cain actually is held in yoda's hand without falling out every time you move him. He looks great in and out of the package. I have two and its also nice to see yoda has two legs and they move. I think the snake is a nice touch. I don't know about it being yellow but oh well. Over all I think yoda is a great looking figure. Just wish I could find one in the stores that didn't have the creases on the cardbacks.

Reaction score

This is a nice figure, although I was mortified earlier this afternoon when the left armed snapped while adjusting the cloak. I used some cement glue to glue the arm back, but had to be careful when the putting the arm back in the cloak.

Reaction score

Yeah, my Yoda also suffers from IJS (Immovable Joint Syndrome). It really is a shame that Hasbro made a Yoda that's highly articulated, I just can't move the joint for fear that the arms will snap off.

Reaction score

Its actually probably one of my favourite card backs, i really liked the vintage cardback when that first came out to.

Reaction score

My left hand snapped off on my to. The only thing I don't like about this figure is the bulky soft goods. You cant put his belt over the robe like it's supposed to be.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
You cant put his belt over the robe like it's supposed to be.
That's my only beef with this otherwise spectacular figure. The movie Yoda's costume more resembles the basic line OTC version.

Reaction score

im really looking foward to getting this guy, but does he really snap that easy?

Reaction score

Recently got this figure from a fellow scummer, the best one yet (except for the head which IMO the POTF2 boiling pot version is better)

Reaction score
just got this figures its amazing , the head sculpts not prefect but its good.

Reaction score
Eh.

The Complete galaxy Yoda of Power of the Force 2 is the best one along with the Saga Collection Yoda with half of the backpack

Reaction score
Eh.

The Complete galaxy Yoda of Power of the Force 2 is the best one along with the Saga Collection Yoda with half of the backpack
the complete galaxy yoda is good but lacks articulation and soft good work well on votc but hey every one has a differnt view on the best yoda.

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite figs in my collection...wouldn't get rid of it if I had to.