Yoda - VC20

Reaction score
Re: Yoda w/ Hover Chair - VC##

He'll look good hanging on the pegs next to the other Yoda from last years Legends.

Reaction score

an example of the baffling choices by whomever is in charge of picking Legends figures. Is this THE worst Yoda EVER? (well its not, but its terrible)
Do you think they do this for a joke?

Reaction score

You know kids love toys of 900 year-old guys in wheelchairs...

Reaction score

Do you think 9 out of 10 people will be able to get Yoda w/ Hoverround, er, I mean Hover Chair "at little or no extra cost?"

I think I'm gonna buy several of these just so I can reenact that commercial.

Reaction score

As if we don't have enough prequel Yoda figures already. How about no Yoda in this wave, & maybe someone a little more in need of attention like Barriss Offee!

Reaction score

do the people who choose the GH and the Legends figures not have each others email addresses!!!
wink.gif

I mean really, do we need the same characters.

Reaction score

VOTC Yoda for OT
Collectors Tin Yoda for PT
OR GTFO!!!!

I mean, if this is supposed to be an AOTC Yoda, how is he supposed to Duel Dooku?

Reaction score

War_in_The_floor said:
VOTC Yoda for OT
OR GTFO!!!!

I mean, if this is supposed to be an AOTC Yoda, how is he supposed to Duel Dooku?

Exactly, I hope the Legends one is the VOTC. And the Tin one should have been released instead of this one. Baffling.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
an example of the baffling choices by whomever is in charge of picking Legends figures. Is this THE worst Yoda EVER? (well its not, but its terrible)

Hey, don't knock the SAGA Yoda with Youngling sculpt! Back when it was released it was the most accurate AOTC Yoda and the most articulated Yoda altogether. I even payed €18 for it at a local scalper store, which was the most I ever spent on a modern basic figure, just to get one with perfectly painted pupils, which was pretty hard to find in this figure's case.

Anyway, if I would have to guess the stock photo they'd use for this figure it would either be this one or this one with a Jedi Temple Hallways backdrop.

Reaction score

I'm looking forwaed to this figure. I never picked this one up yet, so I'm happy for the chance. At least there not releasing the same one from this Saga Legends line.

Reaction score

well i never got this the first time round either so i don't mind it being re-issued

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
Idpullthecurtain said:

Hey, don't knock the SAGA Yoda with Youngling sculpt! Back when it was released it was the most accurate AOTC Yoda and the most articulated Yoda altogether. I even payed €18 for it at a local scalper store, which was the most I ever spent on a modern basic figure, just to get one with perfectly painted pupils, which was pretty hard to find in this figure's case.

Anyway, if I would have to guess the stock photo they'd use for this figure it would either be this one or this one with a Jedi Temple Hallways backdrop.

It is a terrible figure now, and back then it wasnt so clever either.

Reaction score

You know, a SA Senate Duel Yoda with tiny lightsaber and stuff seems like such an obvious choice...

but then again, I don't work for Hasbro, so of course it's obvious to me...

Reaction score

Is this a SL release, or part of the Vintage line? As a GH figure, it might look good on the Vintage Card.

Reaction score

It is SL but I am sure they won't use the previous release to come with the chair but rather a newer version like the VOTC one. What a dud it will be if they put the dated crappy one in there.

Reaction score

Really, because the thread states its GH, and has a VC number instead of a SL number...

Reaction score

So this Yoda with hoverchair is small enough to "fit" on a vintage style card, but we can't get the missing Scanning Crew Member, Utai or beardless Hoth Rebel Trooper on a vintage card?

...hmmm

Reaction score

MisterKenobi said:
Really, because the thread states its GH, and has a VC number instead of a SL number...

Oh, well that's good. I hadn't noticed that, much better on Vintage card than SL card

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
I immediately envisioned it with the second one when I saw the post.

At least they aren't reissuing that same cannon one from the ROTS line again.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
By now they must be because I can't see any reasonable reason why this figure should ever be released again!
Major Pass 4 me!

Reaction score

MightyMegs said:
You know kids love toys of 900 year-old guys in wheelchairs...
Yeah, this figure reminds me of that Avatar figure that came with a wheelchair.....which is still hanging around many Wal-Marts with a dozen clearance tags stamped on it.
crazy.gif

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Are we takling about this Yoda?

AOTC Yoda with Chian

I never noticed before, but that Yoda sure does look like he stepped on a couple of turtles, and the squished bodies became his feet.

That's funny.

I agree that this is a poor choice. I thought Hasbro said there would be a new prequel Yoda this year, but I probably got that mixed up with a TCW Yoda or something.

This will be an easy pass for me.

GNT

Reaction score

Fingers crossed for a new release but I'd settle with a slight redo of the older version if we must see him again. It's been awhile so I hope a youngling is also included.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Fingers crossed for a new release but I'd settle with a slight redo of the older version if we must see him again. It's been awhile so I hope a youngling is also included.

Nah, they wont do a youngling, cos of the Vintage card/bubble.

Reaction score

GNT said:

So do I.

Reaction score

And not only is this a bad figure, but it won't include the little jedi with it, which was its biggest selling point the first time. I would hope they will replace the older sculpt with a newer Yoda but still, this is not a great choice.

Reaction score

Well, it's better than some of the other Yoda options at least. I'd prefer though they go with the VOTC Yoda with the hover chair - don't think there would be any problem with that.

crazy.gif

Reaction score

CHEWIE said:
Well, it's better than some of the other Yoda options at least. I'd prefer though they go with the VOTC Yoda with the hover chair - don't think there would be any problem with that.

crazy.gif

Sounds good to me. I'd prefer a new headsculpt for OT Yoda (bigger eyes like the POTF2 version) but the VOTC headsculpt looks good for PT Yoda IMO.

Reaction score

Alright I'll tell you what they should do is a kitbash Yoda if tooling a new one is out of the question.
Take the arms from McQuarrie figure, and put it on ROTS figure. Personally I'd like a new head sculpt but that's probably too much to ask.

Reaction score

I want a senate duel Yoda. It could be ball-jointed neck, Ball.hinged shoulders, ball-hinged elbows, Swivel wrists, Ball-jointed waist, Swivel hips, ball-jointed ankles with walking stick and fabric jedi robe.

Reaction score

this is an easy pass for me unless it's an all new figure. wasn't the original Yoda with Hoverchair packaged with a youngling ? if so I wonder if they are going to repackage him again with the same youngling or a new youngling to encourage the sale of it.

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
You know, a SA Senate Duel Yoda with tiny lightsaber and stuff seems like such an obvious choice...

I like this one for a Senate Duel Yoda:

saga-yoda_front.jpg

Anyway, unless the pictures of this new figure really blow me away, I think I'll pass on this Yoda.

Reaction score

War_in_The_floor said:
VOTC Yoda for OT
OR GTFO!!!!

Hmm. I actually think POTC Yoda for OT:

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC05yodaDT.asp

Then give VOTC Yoda a lightsaber and the other type of cane and use him for PT Yoda
wink.gif

Reaction score

Hopefully this is a new/improved sculpt rather than a repack of the 2003 edition. I think it would be sweet if he came with an alternative lower waist portion like the new slave Leia so he can sit in the hover chair. Just a thought...
laugh.gif

Reaction score

Yoda with hover chair...most likely reused sculpt...in the vintage collection...

can I get a resounding "DUMMMMBBBBBBBB"?
smirk.gif