Yoda TESB - #VC218

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have revealed Yoda (TESB) will be seeing a release in 2022. No pictures at the moment.

I can’t wait to see what they do with him, id hope they add something to him instead of being a straight up reissue. Anyone else excited to see Yoda back on the shelves?

Reaction score
I have the original TVC one, had no clue it cost so much on ebay.... I will pick this one up to keep the collection current

Reaction score
It had better not be a VC-020 reissue since they used a still of Yoda from TESB in the presentation. VC-020 Yoda is from Revenge Of The Sith, despite the fact that Hasbro re-released it on a ROTJ card during the first incarnation of TVC.

I'm hopeful that this will be a reissue of the way we got Yoda in the Cave of Evil 3-pack. That release was a slightly improved version of the 3.75" Black Series Yoda from around 2014. And if we're trying to stay true to vintage Kenner? Use one of the Kenner alternate cards to distinguish this figure from the VOTC release back in 2004.

Reaction score
I would suspect/hope that is would be the Cave of Evil figure due to it being the most recent version and possibly the easiest accessible mold for them, not to mention being accurate to ESB without requiring any extra work. I don't see them using BS #22 figure with such limited POA in this day and age at $14, even if he's covers in SG's.
22-Yoda-Dagobah-The-Black-Series-Hasbro-013-tn.jpg

That said, they could just a easily reuse VC20 and put the required SG's from ESB on that figure if it was easier/cheaper.

What I definitely don't want to see is that old OTC hunk of junk reused

Reaction score
Definitely my favorite character and favorite vintage figure. I would think that most of you here would agree that the vintage figure is iconic. Call me crazy, but it just makes sense that Hasbro would absolutely know the importance of this figure's addition to TVC and try to really knock this one out of the park with a modern homage to the original rather than a lazy release. Anything short of an amazing figure would be disappointing especially with the level of quality the latest TVC releases have had. So does anyone have any info on this figure, it is getting close to reveal right?

Reaction score
I'd like to see a spirit Yoda as well, and it would require little effort on their part. As for the upcoming basic assortment Yoda, I believe Hasbro reps already confirmed in the Q&A that it's a repack / repaint - so expect to see the cave version of his figure with maybe some updated deco. I'm most curious about whether they'll do a different fabric for the robe, that's a reason I might consider buying it again. He should come packed with a couple little Dagobah creatures as well to make up for the pricepoint.

Reaction score
I'd like to see a spirit Yoda as well, and it would require little effort on their part. As for the upcoming basic assortment Yoda, I believe Hasbro reps already confirmed in the Q&A that it's a repack / repaint - so expect to see the cave version of his figure with maybe some updated deco. I'm most curious about whether they'll do a different fabric for the robe, that's a reason I might consider buying it again. He should come packed with a couple little Dagobah creatures as well to make up for the pricepoint.

Well that's a shame. The cave of evil Yoda is nice but I feel the headsculpt on the 2014 3.75 Black Series Yoda is more accurate. Yoda is too important for a subpar figure in TVC.
Screenshot_20211218-165838.png
Screenshot_20211218-165908.png

Reaction score
If were talking Force Spirit release what is it you are looking for, a blue Holographic looking approach or similar to how they did Spirit Anakin from TAC line or TBS Spirit Yoda?

Reaction score
They're actually going to have to repack or retool Anakin for the Kenner 96 as well (they should include the Shaw likeness as a bonus), so it makes sense that they'd do a Yoda to match. They may even do another Kenobi, considering the other version came out so long ago. Can't say I'm a fan of Anakin's softgoods - he looks like a Christmas tree topper. I'd like to see them all uniformly released with plastic cloaks and the same deco style seen on this Kenobi, maybe just updated a bit.

TAC45anakinspirits.jpg

Reaction score
Heck, they might as well just do a Spirit 3-pk so they're all the same color hue. I very much doubt they update that Obi Wan but I could see them reusing the TLC figure if the mold is still available. Or they'll just reuse the figure from Obi-Wan series and sculpt anew Alec Guinness head for it.
And yeah for a 96 release it will have to be Shaw likeness for Anakin otherwise GTFO.

Reaction score
The OTC spirit Kenobi is my favorite spirit figure, and I’d also like to see Yoda and Anakin in that same style. Soft goods don’t work well with spirits or holograms.

They can give Anakin swappable heads and call him “Deluxe” and charge $35 for it.

🤣🤣🤣

Reaction score
They're actually going to have to repack or retool Anakin for the Kenner 96 as well (they should include the Shaw likeness as a bonus), so it makes sense that they'd do a Yoda to match. They may even do another Kenobi, considering the other version came out so long ago. Can't say I'm a fan of Anakin's softgoods - he looks like a Christmas tree topper. I'd like to see them all uniformly released with plastic cloaks and the same deco style seen on this Kenobi, maybe just updated a bit.

TAC45anakinspirits.jpg

So many thoughts:

1. When I look at this photo, I am most pleased by Yoda—not screen-accurate, but clearly a spirit.

2. That Obi-Wan was a good effort to be more screen-accurate, but I think it looks kind of weird.

3. Really I think it's better for them to look mostly bluish. Just me.

4. I'll never buy an Anakin spirit that looks like Hayden Christensen.

5. Ever.

6. Thank you for "Christmas tree topper"—I laughed and laughed.

Reaction score
Yeah, I like the POTF2 Yoda spirit as well, and still have the whole set in my collection. I agree that they could find a happy medium that looks somewhat realistic while transparent and with more of a blue haze on the deco. I'd like to see them all remade, but Yoda primarily. As for Anakin, yes, the Shaw likeness is essential for a Kenner 96 release, all they have to do is toss the Hayden likeness in as an accessory - and they can keep it hidden behind him for those that don't want to see it, lol. Hopefully LFL / Disney doesn't prevent the Shaw likeness from being used though.

Reaction score
A few years ago I picked up that POTF2 cinema scene with the Jedi spirits. It's decent for what it is, even that Yoda looks nice. Maybe it's the translucent plastic which hides the POTF2-ness of the sculpts. But for me it was the best chance to get a Shaw spirit likeness action figure.

I do like the OTC Obi-Wan and TAC(?) Anakin, or at least the idea. They can easily use the concept (translucent paints on translucent plastics) and make the characters closer to being screen accurate. Part of what makes "Obi-Weird" is the texture that was put all over him. Photo-real eyes might look really good on even that sculpt.

The lower articulation of the cinema scene figures kind of helps them look better. I wouldn't complain if we got basic or limited articulation on some updated Jedi spirit figures. I agree that the Anakin soft goods, though a valiant effort, just brings to mind Christmas carols of angels on high.

Reaction score
Good call! That might explain that strange pose. I had a fools hope that we might get some newness with this figure. Maybe new elbows..but I think you're right. A simple new accessory for this repack

Reaction score
I’m still interested in this Yoda anyway, because the most recent OT one I have is from the 2004 Original Trilogy Collection. I’ll take what I can get!

Reaction score
According to yakface's list, yoda is tvc#218, so Ahsoka is most likely #222Screenshot_20220105-153645.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
YAWN!
A snake could have really made this sell. Openers will pass, as you can pick up the 3 pack for a few bucks more.

I'm an opener and I'll get this. I'm I over the moon? Nah. But it's Yoda.

Reaction score
So, is there no snake?? The picture I posted earlier from the cardback of the Death Watch looks like he is holding a snake. You can see the snake's head in his left hand.

Reaction score
This is a better ESB Yoda than most, but I see no reason to replace my carded VOTC Yoda. Maybe if they had used the alternate card art from '83, but alas...

yoda77a1020a.jpg

Reaction score
So, is there no snake?? The picture I posted earlier from the cardback of the Death Watch looks like he is holding a snake. You can see the snake's head in his left hand.
That's just his hand. They have him posed as if he's using the Force is all. There is no snake. That's a hopeful imagination at work, I'm afraid.

It's just a reissue of the 2014 figure which was also reissued (with considerably improved production methods) in 2019.

Last edited:
Reaction score

No. No you can't.

Reaction score
Since I have the cave of evil version not sure if I'll get this or not, at least not until I need an extra for a ROTJ display.