Yoda Needs a Trilogy! Not Just a Spin off!

Reaction score
To me it's a great opportunity to clear up a lot of questions about the Jedi and show them kicking but as well.

Here is what I'd like to see!
1st Movie: Origin movie. Short part of the movie with him on his home planet. Opening shot: Character that looks almost like Yoda, some one comes in and says "Yoda, a grandson you have." Yoda walks in and sees... Baby Yoda. Our Yoda is named after his grandfather! After that, Short snippets of his life with his family, and how the Jedi comes to find and recruit him. (Make it make sense! Nothing stupid! I have a lot of ideas but trying to keep this as a quick synopsis!) Movie progresses... Jedi Training and he befriends another Padawan. They go on some sort of adventure - thwart a Sith or something like that.

It would be nice to see a Star Wars movie where the Heroes are not the underdog and don't lose. So far all Star Wars movies have either the Heroes lose or the Rebels trying to save the world. It would be nice to see, the Republic in a position of power and thwart off the threat.

Movie 2: The Dark Side. Yoda's buddy, turns to the dark side. Yoda tries desperatley to bring him back. He can't, hence; Yoda comes to believe that "Once you Start Down the Dark Path Forever it will Dominate Your Destiny". Also Have the friend gain power quickly. Is the dark side more powerful? No. Quicker, easier, more suductive. SHOW THIS! How cool would that be. Yoda's buddy kicks his but early in the movie and then to be thwarted by Yoda (a Jedi Knight at the Time). Maybe more than two Sith as well.

Move 3: Yoda the Jedi Master. Yoda becomes a Master, maybe on the council (if there even is one, maybe that can be a progression that Yoda develops for the Jedi). Yoda continues to ruin the Sith's attempts to gain power, gives us a reason for why they decide to lay dormant for a while (i.e. up Until the time of Papletine or Something like that). And gives a reason for why the Sith make the Rule of 2.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Any other ideas? or things you'd like to see?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Darth Bane most likely already created the Rule of Two by the time Yoda was a knight. Maybe a group of non-Sith dark ciders?

Though I'd rather Yoda remain the mystery he is, though if we got a film or 3 your general outline is about what I'd want.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Darth Bane most likely already created the Rule of Two by the time Yoda was a knight. Maybe a group of non-Sith dark ciders?

Though I'd rather Yoda remain the mystery he is, though if we got a film or 3 your general outline is about what I'd want.
NOT anymore, you forget that Disney wiped out the old EU and is now using elements whenever an wherever they wish. Though, while I haven't read anything about if Bane has been Canonized yet, they literally could do anything they want.

As for Yoda, I've no need to see him on his home planet or as a baby etc. I do see his character as the best chance for something different and not directly connected to established eras. There's about 500 years of free reign to play in. So he could have quite an extensive story for a trilogy. I think seeing him having adventures as a much younger Knight, and far removed from the Council could be interesting.

Reaction score
Darth Bane was canonized through TCW, where Yoda recognizes him as th creator of the Rule of Two. The character and his contribution to the greater history of the lore is still canon, but most of what made Darth Bane the character he was in the EU is gone.

Reaction score
Ah that's right i forgot about that episode. I also don't keep track of what they decide to make Canon anymore.

It also occurred to me later after posting. That towards the end of the third movie, they could touch upon a young Dooku as yoda's Padawan. Sometimes i wonder what kind of Jedi he would have been back in the day. I'm curious though, if Yoda still called him Count back then? lol

Reaction score

Mmmm...dark cider

Reaction score
This would be such a terrible idea. It would end up like the 79 SW Christmas special.

Reaction score
i like the idea of a dark cider movie more. They could call it, Darth Apples, and the phantom fruit tree.

Darth apples battles the bounty hunter, Reginald "Pear Juice" Treestump

Reaction score
i like the idea of a dark cider movie more. They could call it, Darth Apples, and the phantom fruit tree.

Darth apples battles the bounty hunter, Reginald "Pear Juice" Treestump
I believe what you're describing is called "Kamen Rider Gaim".

Sadly almost no one here will get this reference.

Reaction score
We don't any more backstories. I'm so sick of Star Wars ruining their characters with insipid backstories. The prequels already made Yoda farcical enough anyway. Nothing good can come of any more Yoda history.

What Star Wars needs above all else is new (and good) characters and new stories, written by people who can actually pen a decent yarn that isn't a riff on what we've seen before.

Reaction score
I believe what you're describing is called "Kamen Rider Gaim".

Sadly almost no one here will get this reference.
as much as i would like to get credit for knowing this reference, i was just making a dumb joke on that dude's autocorrect

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, no offense to the OP, but this would be the most soul crushing thing they could possibly do.

Reaction score
If anything, they should just go ahead and do a distant past trilogy on the Jedi/Sith origins. If Disney wants to play around with dashing young Yoda-species characters and jumpstart a new Yoda-craze...fine, just do it in that time frame.

GNT

Reaction score
Yoda is a popular character but a trilogy would be way to many films. Maybe they could do a film involving the Jedi or something but I'm sure a film would be really needed anytime soon.

Reaction score
While I don't think Yoda needs an origin story, I do feel that a Yoda movie set 500 years prior to TPM would be interesting. Just not with him up as the main character, but in a Qui-Gon role to the main character. He's essentially the glue that binds the eras together.

Yeah, no offense to the OP, but this would be the most soul crushing thing they could possibly do.
Unfortunately that has already happened, Luke's character in TLJ!

So IMO, they can't do much worse. But I'm waiting to see what they do next...

Last edited:
Reaction score

well they could, they could make princess leia be able to superman fly...oh wait

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I don't think Yoda needs an origin story, I do feel that a Yoda movie set 500 years prior to TPM would be interesting. Just not with him up as the main character, but in a Qui-Gon role to the main character. He's essentially the glue that binds the eras together.

heh, I almost wrote something to that affect but didn't want to go too far afield of the thread topic. B) ;)

Reaction score
I love the fact that regardless of your thoughts on certain elements of SW we can all pretty much agree that this would be a terrible idea.

Reaction score
I agree with most that this movie is not necessary.

The only thing Yoda could be included in the Obi Wan movie if it gets made.

No origin story. Same for Fett.

Reaction score
I can see it. Obi-wan gets his *** kicked by Maul on Tattooine. Obi-wan is helpless, and Maul is monologue-ing. just as Maul is about to bring his saber slashing down on obiwan's helpless form, yoda makes his cameo appearance and saves the day. Maul escapes to threaten the galaxy another day. the end.

Reaction score
I can see it. Obi-wan gets his *** kicked by Maul on Tattooine. Obi-wan is helpless, and Maul is monologue-ing. just as Maul is about to bring his saber slashing down on obiwan's helpless form, yoda makes his cameo appearance and saves the day. Maul escapes to threaten the galaxy another day. the end.
Rebels already did Obi Wan vs Maul

Reaction score
To me it's a great opportunity to clear up a lot of questions about the Jedi and show them kicking but as well.

Here is what I'd like to see!
1st Movie: Origin movie. Short part of the movie with him on his home planet. Opening shot: Character that looks almost like Yoda, some one comes in and says "Yoda, a grandson you have." Yoda walks in and sees... Baby Yoda. Our Yoda is named after his grandfather! After that, Short snippets of his life with his family, and how the Jedi comes to find and recruit him. (Make it make sense! Nothing stupid! I have a lot of ideas but trying to keep this as a quick synopsis!) Movie progresses... Jedi Training and he befriends another Padawan. They go on some sort of adventure - thwart a Sith or something like that.

It would be nice to see a Star Wars movie where the Heroes are not the underdog and don't lose. So far all Star Wars movies have either the Heroes lose or the Rebels trying to save the world. It would be nice to see, the Republic in a position of power and thwart off the threat.

Movie 2: The Dark Side. Yoda's buddy, turns to the dark side. Yoda tries desperatley to bring him back. He can't, hence; Yoda comes to believe that "Once you Start Down the Dark Path Forever it will Dominate Your Destiny". Also Have the friend gain power quickly. Is the dark side more powerful? No. Quicker, easier, more suductive. SHOW THIS! How cool would that be. Yoda's buddy kicks his but early in the movie and then to be thwarted by Yoda (a Jedi Knight at the Time). Maybe more than two Sith as well.

Move 3: Yoda the Jedi Master. Yoda becomes a Master, maybe on the council (if there even is one, maybe that can be a progression that Yoda develops for the Jedi). Yoda continues to ruin the Sith's attempts to gain power, gives us a reason for why they decide to lay dormant for a while (i.e. up Until the time of Papletine or Something like that). And gives a reason for why the Sith make the Rule of 2.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Any other ideas? or things you'd like to see?
Are you on death sticks?

Reaction score
I say "no" to a Yoda movie or trilogy. We don't need every moment of these characters' lives accounted for onscreen. Sometimes it's better to just let some things remain unexplained and mysterious and Yoda's past is one of those things.

Reaction score
Rian may be lacking in every single possible skill set that a strong filmmaker possesses… but I do agree with him in not listening to the fans in general. Nothing at all against your proposal, awookieawookie— just that these fanfics are just that: Fanfics, adding nothing to the SW mythos, and best left in the recesses of the interweb— along with 50 Shades of Grey and company.

George initiated the ruin of Yoda with AOTC, and Rian continues with the creepy Yoda Ghost who does a little jig and giggles when he sets aflame the Jedi tree… Just leave Yoda alone at this point. The less that’s shown of Yoda-- and the less that’s known of him, is the best to preserve his character’s dignity, integrity and mystery.

No Yoda movie-- let alone a Yoda trilogy.

Reaction score
I would love a Yoda movie. But whenever you start picking character movies like this they are going to have a smaller audience like Solo unless the actor or character is super-megs popular. Had a 30 something Ford played "Solo" the box office would be on fire for that film. It would be similar for Ewan McGregor if they ever make that Kenobi film. The problem with Yoda is he would be an all CGI character and his trilogy would need to include impressive new characters, worlds, lore and story. Yet still somehow connect to the CW, PT, OT and ST. Then you have to please the fans and not tick them off. Lord. We all I know that it doesn't take much for that to happen. If Yoda laughs the wrong way or doesn't ignite his lightsaber with enough gusto the fans will riot. I would assume he would be a younger character that would move and act differently and not be "wise" like we see in the CW PT OT ST. I think fans would just have a hissy fit and come up with hate slogans like #not my Yoda and the like.

Reaction score
Sarcasm comment here - hopefully I'll outlive the day Star Wars 'Straight To DVD' movies becomes a reality. Eh, what do I know, DVD's will become hay-bails long by then.

Reaction score
funny thing is, a yoda or DV or Fett movie may be what will work beyond say the somewhat of a disappointment in Solo. If they make the Fett film as slamming ***** out as Solo was, it'll be nuts..Solo was madness, can't believe it's lacking in viewers
Rian may be lacking in every single possible skill set that a strong filmmaker possesses… but I do agree with him in not listening to the fans in general. Nothing at all against your proposal, awookieawookie— just that these fanfics are just that: Fanfics, adding nothing to the SW mythos, and best left in the recesses of the interweb— along with 50 Shades of Grey and company.

George initiated the ruin of Yoda with AOTC, and Rian continues with the creepy Yoda Ghost who does a little jig and giggles when he sets aflame the Jedi tree… Just leave Yoda alone at this point. The less that’s shown of Yoda-- and the less that’s known of him, is the best to preserve his character’s dignity, integrity and mystery.

No Yoda movie-- let alone a Yoda trilogy.

Reaction score
Sarcasm comment here - hopefully I'll outlive the day Star Wars 'Straight To DVD' movies becomes a reality. Eh, what do I know, DVD's will become hay-bails long by then.
In a sense that's what we're getting with the disney streaming service when they debut their star wars shows.

Star Wars aside, straight to dvd/blu ray/streaming isn't the scarlett letter it used to be and in some cases is the best way to do it. I'm a Kevin Smith fan and he has his cult following that isn't going anywhere, so it makes sense to release directly to the fans instead of having to pay for distribution,etc. Do comedy movies really need to be in theaters anymore? Sandler has been doing Netflix stuff and I could easily see Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart,etc just releasing their movies straight to consumers in the near future.

Reaction score
Do comedy movies really need to be in theaters anymore? Sandler has been doing Netflix stuff and I could easily see Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart,etc just releasing their movies straight to consumers in the near future.
Yes, that will work if all future Star Wars movies are comedies like The Last Jedi.

Reaction score
I guess the grander question to ask is when Star Wars films will no longer be a theatrical experience?!

Reaction score
it could happen sooner that we think. when you compare the BO numbers from TCW&SOLO.. to pretty much any other SW movie.. you can see right away there's no audience for "EU" movies.

--> if/when the audience identifies NuSW as "EU" then it's over.

they never should have included Filoni's Maul in the cinematic universe.

now the audience knows, exactly what Pablo has been saying all along: it's all the same universe now. they've created a NuEU.

((and SW fans can SMELL "EU" a mile away -- it's repugnant to them -- theyve been TRAINED to ignore it, over the last 40 years))

Last edited:
Reaction score
it could happen sooner that we think. when you compare the BO numbers from TCW&SOLO.. to pretty much any other SW movie.. you can see right away there's no audience for "EU" movies.

they never should have included Filoni's Maul in the cinematic universe.

now the audience knows, exactly what Pablo has been saying all along: it's all the same universe now. they've created a NuEU.

((and SW fans can SMELL "EU" a mile away -- it's repugnant to them -- theyve been TRAINED to ignore it, over the last 40 years))
What about Rogue One? Or does that not qualify as "nu"Star Wars or expanded universe?

Reaction score
if/when the audience identifies NuSW as "EU" then it's over.
Rogue One was cleverly marketed as an extension of ANH and fans bought it. (read: the audience didn't identify it as EU -- they got fooled -- this was best for all involved).

but Solo didn't have a cameo by Darth Vader at the end. it had a cameo by Filoni's Darth Maul.

c/w the exact same voice actor from SW:Rebels .. this positively identified it as an extension of SW:Rebels, plain as day, for all to see.

--> this may be the beginning of the end .. when SW fans realize they're just watching EU Novels on the big screen .. then they WILL disregard them.

((the mainstream audience has been 'disregarding' EU stories for over 40 years (!) -- why would this suddenly change?))

Disney MUST maintain the illusion that NuSW is "not EU" -- or it's all over.

Gareth was smart about it. he knew what he was doing.

Rogue One limited the EU-Connection to just a 1-second "blink and you missed it" shot of Chopper and the Ghost. (and the words "general syndulla" on the intercom).

this was an "easter egg", at best.

but Solo had the "Stank" of EU all over it. :(

(from a director who didn't understand the implications of making a "SW:Rebels Movie" -- this is no different from making a "TCW" movie -- it plays to a smaller audience). :(

cheers.

Last edited: