Yoda Mardi Gras poster - Reprint?

Reaction score
Anyone know who the high bidder was for this Yoda mardi gras poster? I emailed the seller when the listing first popped up and he said it was "probably" a recent reprint. Plus, the pic he used is from the archive. I was surprised to see it end pretty high at $366. I hope the high bidder knew what he/she was bidding on.

Reaction score
Interesting. The seller seemed more confident of its authenticity to me, although not willing to say for sure it was legit. I was concerned about the reuse of an Archive photo as well, but I took a shot at it. I've not heard of any reproductions, although there's a lot of stuff out there.

Anyone notice people cutting up Steve and Pete's poster book pages, laminating them, and selling them as posters? The seller I saw was clear about what they'd done, but still an odd step.

Todd

Reaction score
Todd_Chamberlain said:
Anyone notice people cutting up Steve and Pete's poster book pages, laminating them, and selling them as posters? The seller I saw was clear about what they'd done, but still an odd step.

Todd
I've never seen that. The size difference between the book and the real posters is usally huge and it would be tough to pass off as an original.

Reaction score
I love that poster. Just the idea of Yoda sucking down a Hurricane is pretty awesome. I never knew it existed until this post. What do these usally go for?

-Chad

Reaction score
I've heard in the $350-500 range. I should stress that they are ridiculously rare. Sandy hunted for one for YEARS and never found one.

John

Reaction score
Jrosen said:
Todd_Chamberlain said:

Todd
I've never seen that. The size difference between the book and the real posters is usally huge and it would be tough to pass off as an original.
They're not trying to sell them as original if you read the description, but they are called "posters" in the title.

Todd

Reaction score
I do have an original...I can try posting it tonight, with dimensions. It tooks years of searching before I finally stumbled across one. It combines my favorite movies and my favorite fun spot to be! I met my wife at Mardi Gras, and she actually loves this print too.

Reaction score
Here is my Yoda Mardi Gras Poster. It's 22" wide x 27 5/8" tall, and is printed on a thick linen stock.

At the bottom, on the lower right is an edition number and signature, signed in pencil. It says red issue 327/770 and is signed L. Graff.

For any of you poster guys, there are a few minor tears on the paper, and a few crinkles that don't break the color. Is this something to have linen backed, and if so, how well does it hide the flaws? Also, what, if anything, would linen backing do to the overall value of a piece?

Reaction score
Unfortunately you couldn't linenback this even if you wanted to. The artist signature would be erased in the water bath.

Personally I would leave it as it is and I think it looks really good.

Reaction score
Thanks JRosen. I completely forgot about that part of the process. I'll just get it framed up as is then.