Y-wing

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
Y2Bogus said:
These OT ship molds are beginning to show their age though, and I can't help but wonder if maybe Hasbro should re-design these somewhere along the line.
They do... one part at a time.
A total redesign takes time and money. If Hasbro had the money, time is not a big issue. But some of Hasbro's money goes back to recycling.

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
That's funny.

I really like the Y-Wing the way it is now. I've picked up 2 already (painted 1 of em with blue markings), and will hopefully get a couple more. I missed them the first 2 times, 3 if you count vintage.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
Darth_Anton said:
That's funny.

I really like the Y-Wing the way it is now. I've picked up 2 already (painted 1 of em with blue markings), and will hopefully get a couple more. I missed them the first 2 times, 3 if you count vintage.
Y-Wing looks good the way it is but a working astromech slot and a slightly larger scale would make it perfect to display next to the X-Wing

Reaction score
TK_842 said:
Tontus314 said:
Darth_Anton said:
That's funny.

Y-Wing looks good the way it is but a working astromech slot and a slightly larger scale would make it perfect to display next to the X-Wing
I think we'd see an open slot before a larger scale if they do anywork to it.

in case you didnt notice, the larger scaled x-wings are just sitting on shelves collecting dust.

Reaction score
The only thing keeping me from buying a fleet of Xwings is the size. I have only a limited amount of space to display things. If they could rig a droid slot in the smaller X-Wing, that would rock and I'd buy a ton.

Reaction score
Yesterday, I received the ship from TRU.com. I have no problem with the size. I like the old, weathered look. The idea of a wired astrodroid and a loose one was pure genius and the push button landing gear is a cool as well.
----------------
"This is the end for you, my master."

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Gold Leaders Y-Wing

Chewbacca said:
I got the $5 of a $25 TRU purchase coupon and went to my local store, which BTW doesn't understand the concept of clearance. They are well-stocked in army-builders (Imp and GAR, not Jawa), have restocked the AT-ATs and banthas and have fresh vehicles on the shelves, including both exclusives. Both are priced at $34.99. So much for the coupon. This place usually sends me to Wally or Target when I am shopping for vehicles.
Darth_Soundwave said:
most TRUs bumped up the price after the first week it was released.....

Reaction score
SnotRag said:
TK_842 said:
Tontus314 said:
Darth_Anton said:
That's funny.

I think we'd see an open slot before a larger scale if they do anywork to it.

in case you didnt notice, the larger scaled x-wings are just sitting on shelves collecting dust.
IMO, the Dagobah X-wing is collecting dust partly because it's a repaint. The original 2002 release sold thru rapidly i believe.

Reaction score
Degobah X-Wing is also too huge. I'd buy multiple X and Y wings if they didn't take up so much shelf space. I've said it a million times before, but if they retooled the smaller X-Wing to have a working droid slot and sold it in the starfighter assortment, I'd buy 50

Reaction score
I loved the new X-Wing, even though it is big. I would actually have gotten more if it weren't for the price!

Reaction score
speaking of the x-wing, one of local tru has a ton of them and finally decided to put them on clearance a whooping 5 bucks less. the funny part is that the tag says the original price is 49.99 now 39.99, f'n liars the regular price was 45 when i bought it. guess they like to jack up the price for exclusives.

Reaction score
I just picked this up yesterday. What an awesome ship. I can't think of anything to improve on this at all. Just great all around.

Reaction score
Blue_Knight said:
I just picked this up yesterday. What an awesome ship. I can't think of anything to improve on this at all. Just great all around.
This is how I feel about it as well. I know many of you would like a droid slot, but the fact that we got an extra astromech with it, made up for that.

Reaction score
Trooper31 said:
Blue_Knight said:
This is how I feel about it as well. I know many of you would like a droid slot, but the fact that we got an extra astromech with it, made up for that.
Well, the second droïd is nice but it's still weird looking when displayed in front of the ship

Reaction score
I saw this in TRU last night, and now I am so peeved that I bought that crappy red one in the OTC line way back when. That's a cool astrodroid!

Reaction score
Think how pissed you'll be in a few years when this is released again, but with a droid socket.

Reaction score
TK_842 said:
Trooper31 said:
Blue_Knight said:
Well, the second droïd is nice but it's still weird looking when displayed in front of the ship
Small beans when compared to the overall awesomenes of the entire toy. What a great improvement over that crappy silver/red/blue one from the OTC collection a couple of years ago.

Reaction score
Blue_Knight said:
TK_842 said:
Trooper31 said:
Blue_Knight said:
Small beans when compared to the overall awesomenes of the entire toy. What a great improvement over that crappy silver/red/blue one from the OTC collection a couple of years ago.
Being the lucky owner of the 3 modern releases, i must say i like all very much. the TAC paintjob is a huge improvment for sure but OTC and POTF2 versions hold comparison to it.

Y2Bogus said:
Think how pissed you'll be in a few years when this is released again, but with a droid socket.
I'll be pissed for sure... until i get a couple of these babies

Reaction score
I just came from my TRU. They have 4 of theseon the shelf. Then I looked up. There was a tidal wave of this and the Interceptor up high above the shelves.

Reaction score
TK_842 said:
Blue_Knight said:
TK_842 said:
Trooper31 said:
Blue_Knight said:
Being the lucky owner of the 3 modern releases, i must say i like all very much. the TAC paintjob is a huge improvment for sure but OTC and POTF2 versions hold comparison to it.

Y2Bogus said:
I'll be pissed for sure... until i get a couple of these babies
I still very much want the POTF2 one that was the Target exclusive. I was looking at the photo archive pictures of it the other day, and it still looks great.

I have a vintage one, but keep it boxed up with all the other vintage stuff.

Reaction score
Y2Bogus said:
Degobah X-Wing is also too huge. I'd buy multiple X and Y wings if they didn't take up so much shelf space. I've said it a million times before, but if they retooled the smaller X-Wing to have a working droid slot and sold it in the starfighter assortment, I'd buy 50
Well there are some of us that perfer the LARGER (more accurate) vehichles and think that that older mold (smaller) ones look "dinky" and outdated.

And 50 X-Wings??? Why on Earth would you want to buy large squadrons of fighters?? That's pretty silly. I mean... I would never do such a thing.

Reaction score
has anyone attempted to cut out the slot/r5 unit so you can actually put a droid in it?

Reaction score
Okay, I'll add my voice to the chorus that this is one of the coolest ships Hasbro has released in a long time. I got this for my son (4 years old), and he totally loves it. He had Mace Windu's ship, Anakin's, a walker and the Falcon, but he said, "dad, this is my favorite ship of all! It's awesome!" That's worth the $35 right there. He plays with it all the time, and loves the fact that it comes with a droid, that the pilot's helmet comes off, and the little turret up on top.

Now, I'll also add my voice to those beseeching Hasbro to make a removable droid slot. Again, I'll quote my 4-year-old son, "Dad, that looks kind of silly with two robots (as he calls R5-F7)."

With this particular mold of the Y-Wing, if they were to add the droid socket, I think you could stick a fork in it, as this mold would be done - perfect.

The idealistic part of me would still like a larger scaled Y-wing mold, but the realistic part of me doesn't think this will happen unless Y-wings feature prominently in the live action Star Wars TV show.

If it's a penny for your thoughts, that's my two cents, keep the change...

Reaction score
I was so psyched when I got this yesterday for my birthday. Unfortunatly, while checking rebelscum's photo archives a minute ago, I realized that I never found one of the antennae that came with R5-F7, and I think my son lost the other in the 5 minutes I let him play with it. Now I'll spend my entire lunch break scouring my carpet for it, and going back to the garbage to see if I ever even opened the droid one up.

Reaction score
By the way, has anyone had problems with the rear landing gear sagging over time? We always place this on my son's dresser at night, and I remember at first it looked perfect, just like in A New Hope with all the fighters in Yavin base. However, slowly, over time, it appears as though the rear landing gear are losing strength and tend to recess somewhat back into the nacelle, giving the appearance that the Y-Wing is nosing slightly up. Is this just mine, or has anyone else seen this happen?

If it's not just me, has anyone figure out a way to fix this, like unscrewing the Y-Wing and adjusting something internally?

Reaction score
TerdVader said:
I was so psyched when I got this yesterday for my birthday. Unfortunatly, while checking rebelscum's photo archives a minute ago, I realized that I never found one of the antennae that came with R5-F7, and I think my son lost the other in the 5 minutes I let him play with it. Now I'll spend my entire lunch break scouring my carpet for it, and going back to the garbage to see if I ever even opened the droid one up.

So I spent my lunch break digging around my house looking for these two little antenae, and was lucky enough to find one of them, it had never left the box. The other one however, that came attached to the R5 in the ship is gone, I looked all over the floor around where my son was playing with it and couldn't find it.

Question, can I get a replacement from Hasbro, and if so, how do I contact them about this matter?

Thanks

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
Here is Hasbro's replacement parts page. I didn't see anything for the Y-Wing but I think you can get some contact info from there.
Thanks, i was able to send an inquiry to their customer service dept, hopefully someone will get back to me soon

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
What about jamming some paper in there? If the landing gear is loose, that should tighten it up some.
Well, the only thing is that my son plays with the gear up and down all the time. That being the case, I'd think the paper would come out

Reaction score
Well I got my response from Hasbro. They can't get me a replacement antennae. Personally, I think that's bogus. They basically alow you to build a ROTS gunship minus chassis for $10, but I can't give em a dollar for a replacement piece to a product that currently is on the market. B.S.

Reaction score
Well, you could try the old switcharoo if honesty isn't all that important to you.

Actually, PM your address to me and I'll send you one. I'm eventually going to customize another Y-Wing with an R2 unit instead of R5, so I guess I will have an extra one.

Reaction score
You guys have any clue when TRU will place these back on sale online? I've had no luck online (for under 50 bucks) and my wife absolutely cannot find any in the Augsuta, GA area.

And on another note, any idea if the Target T/B will be sold online?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah, Hasbro doesn't do replacement/parts for ANY exclusives.

It's a real bummer.

If tontus can't get you that antenna, you could always buy another R5-D4 from last year and use its antenna. Of course, that's still like 7 bucks or so for just the antenna...

Reaction score
My Y-Wing has one loose "leg". When I make it stand up, one of the rear legs gives out and it falls over, lopsided. Is anyone else's like this? Any idea how to fix it??