Y-wing

Reaction score
Re: Y-wing - R5 Has a bad motivator!

This is one good-looking ship. I admit, I have never owned a Y-Wing before. I might just have to break that streak.

BTW, anyone know if TRU is running any specials?

Reaction score

I got mine yesterday from TRU.com. They didnt pack it very well, the box it was in was a lot larger than it needed to be and there was no, I mean NO packaging around it, well unless you want to count the packing slip
. There is a small ding on the bottom but that looks like it happened before shipping otherwise its in good shape considering.

Reaction score

MARK2D2 said:
MandalorianKid said:
eleavitt2000 said:
My landing gear on the version is better than my Target version. It still sags a little, but doesn't completely fall after 5 seconds or even 24 hours so far.
I was unaware of that problem on the older release and can say mines been sitting for over a week now and has'nt sagged or anything.
Gotta chime in here, mine is fine, too. As far as I can tell. I've had mine out of the box since last friday and it's doing just fine. No sagging. By the way, this is a REALLY cool mechanism in my book. I mean one little switch lowers and locks not one, not two, but all three landing gears. Very, very nice.

PS --- Yeah, I was a little irked that the in-shop R5 will forever have a bad motivator. . . But I'll live. . .
My landing gear is hold up well too. I have to say it's a pleasant surprise.

Reaction score

Caeadiel said:
I got mine yesterday from TRU.com. They didnt pack it very well, the box it was in was a lot larger than it needed to be and there was no, I mean NO packaging around it, well unless you want to count the packing slip
. There is a small ding on the bottom but that looks like it happened before shipping otherwise its in good shape considering.
In addition to having absolutely no packing material, the box mine came in had opened up. There was tape across the box lid, but 90% of it was on one flap and the other 10% couldn't hold. Good thing the ship was big enough not to fall out of the shipping box! In the end, no harm done, but I gotta wonder about the supervision at the shipping facility.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
MARK2D2 said:
MandalorianKid said:
eleavitt2000 said:
My landing gear on the version is better than my Target version. It still sags a little, but doesn't completely fall after 5 seconds or even 24 hours so far.
I was unaware of that problem on the older release and can say mines been sitting for over a week now and has'nt sagged or anything.
Gotta chime in here, mine is fine, too. As far as I can tell. I've had mine out of the box since last friday and it's doing just fine. No sagging. By the way, this is a REALLY cool mechanism in my book. I mean one little switch lowers and locks not one, not two, but all three landing gears. Very, very nice.

PS --- Yeah, I was a little irked that the in-shop R5 will forever have a bad motivator. . . But I'll live. . .
Good to hear, thanks all! Now my TRU just needs to get them in!!

Reaction score

Just picked mine up in Canadian TRU last night. It's a nice vehicle. My landing gear holds up just fine. The first one I got (think it was the Target exclusive) had the landing gear sagging problem. To fix that, you just have to open up the vehicle and reposition the gears by the lever. If it's not in the right position, the landing gear won't lock.

Reaction score

Zyzyx1701D said:
Caeadiel said:
In addition to having absolutely no packing material, the box mine came in had opened up. There was tape across the box lid, but 90% of it was on one flap and the other 10% couldn't hold. Good thing the ship was big enough not to fall out of the shipping box! In the end, no harm done, but I gotta wonder about the supervision at the shipping facility.
Mine was the exact same way too, all I had to do was cut the tape at the ends and it was open.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
MARK2D2 said:
MandalorianKid said:
eleavitt2000 said:

Spoke a little too soon. My right side landing gear is having issues.

Reaction score

Sounds like a good candidate for my first flexidisplay stand!

Reaction score

Yeah, and 3 of the bidders are willing to pay $20 or more for it.... that's crazy.

Reaction score

the first few bids were ok, but if you're willing to dish out $20 or more for a loose r5, why not just get the whole thing and sell the ship and pilot if you don't want 'm.

Reaction score

That is totally crazy! Some people just get too caught up in the moment, I guess.

Reaction score

Sorry to keep bringing this auction up, but it blows me away. The bid is now up to $51! Am I missing something here?

Reaction score

Keller71 said:
Sorry to keep bringing this auction up, but it blows me away. The bid is now up to $51! Am I missing something here?
not you but they're missing an extra y-wing a pilot and 20 dollars :p

Reaction score
SnotRag said:
Battlefield said:
I saw this at a toy show yesterday and man its small! PASS!
did you think it perhaps grew since its last release?

Even though not at the right scale, the y-wing was always one of the better proportioned toys and always looked great.

Reaction score
I picked this up last night and opened it today and man what a great vehicle! I haven't had a Y-Wing since I was a little kid and it brought back a lot of great memories. I've mentioned my disappointment before about some of the Vintage molds needing to be scrapped and resculpted but the Y-Wing definitely isn't one of them. With the new paint apps it looks like it could've been made this year. With the pilot and droid it really is a great deal. I haven't been able to resist picking it up and making a few dives and strafing runs with, and making the sounds.
As far as the packaging, on mine the bomb was loose and rolling around in the box.

Reaction score
JediMisfit138 said:
As far as the packaging, on mine the bomb was loose and rolling around in the box.
same here. i bought this last week and barely openned it today. i gotta admit it is a pretty nice ship. i bought it simply for the droid, but i ended up liking it. the only thing i don't like about it is the holder for the bomb seems to be loose on mine (unless i didn't put it in right). when i openned the cockpit, i also noticed that the sticker was coming off
. other then that, i think its a great ship! nice job hasbro.

Reaction score
Looks like Toys R Us raised the price on the Y-Wing to $34.99. That was the price I saw today at my local TRU store. Anybody else see this price increase?

John

Reaction score
Looks like I got hit by the "loose antenna" syndrome on my Y-Wing. I realized I lost one of the 2 antenna from the R5 units. I still have the packaging but threw out the wire ties so it could have been mixed in with that stuff. Or it could be in the couch, under the couch, on the floor... Oh well, it doesn't take away from the vehicle. Those antenna a pretty useless anyway.

But the Y-Wing, pilot and droid are a really great set! This is my favorite vehicle out of all Star Wars vehicles. I have every version including the vintage and this one is the best so far. I am going to get another to keep MIB for sure. I thought the orange paint inside the engines was a really nice touch.

Reaction score
Today I was on the TRU website and saw that the Y-Wing's price went up from $29.99 to $34.99.
-----------------------------
"This is the end for you, my master."

Reaction score
Notorious_Boba said:
Today I was on the TRU website and saw that the Y-Wing's price went up from $29.99 to $34.99.
Those must move faster than expected and TRU edcided they could make a little more margin on the remaining stock.

Reaction score
Yeah someone mentioned earlier that it was suprising that the Y-wing was only $29.99 while the TIE Interceptor is $34.99. Looks like TRU realized they were screwing themselves out of $5. Either way I still would have gotten it, just glad I did before the increase.

Reaction score
So are major retailers going to begin scalping now? I thought we could trust to pay fair prices for stuff at retail, if we can find it. Will the McQuarrie figures now appear on a separate peg at a higher price?

Reaction score
matto said:
So are major retailers going to begin scalping now? I thought we could trust to pay fair prices for stuff at retail, if we can find it. Will the McQuarrie figures now appear on a separate peg at a higher price?
Don't know how it works with TRU US but it's a common thing for prices to move up and down every week with TRU France. Lots of toys are marked up or down and not only Star Wars stuff. Exclusive stuff though tend to be priced higher as it obviously can't be sold cheaper anywhere else.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I found one of these in my Toys 'R Us the other day and it said $29.99 on the shelf underneath the item. I looked over the two that were there and chose the one in the best shape and went to check out. I paid and started to drive away and started thinking about how much the price was that she said. I never look at receipts or even the amount being charged or whatever, but for some reason I didn't feel like it was right. I added up in my head what it should have been and realized that it must be a mistake. Once I got home, I got the bag out and checked and sure enough, they charged me $34.99 for the Y-Wing. The Elite TIE-Interceptor costs that much, but the Y-Wing is supposed to be five dollars less. I went back to the store and they were more than happy to give me my money back, however I do wonder about a comment she made about how the guy hadn't made it over there to change the stickers yet. Does this mean they are raising the price? Very strange indeed. Anyone else get charged the extra five dollars?

Reaction score
My wife just called me from our local Toys R Us and they have raised the price to $34.99 as well.

Reaction score
Glad I picked mine up already with a $5 off coupon.

[/QUOTE]

Same here...minus the $5 off.

It just didn't seem right purchasing this for $30, and having to pay $35 for the TIE. Guess they realized quick.

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
... I went back to the store and they were more than happy to give me my money back, however I do wonder about a comment she made about how the guy hadn't made it over there to change the stickers yet. Does this mean they are raising the price? Very strange indeed. Anyone else get charged the extra five dollars?
AS i stated earlier, it's a common procedure for floor employees to change prices at least once a week. Lots of items prices go up and down all the time.

Reaction score
Interesting.

It was me by the way who thought it odd that the prices were different. I mean, the ship is still a very good buy at $34.99 --- a much better buy than the flimsy TIE INTERCEPTOR with one figure. . . That said, I sure am glad that I rushed out right aways and got one at the original price. . .

PS ---- Hmmmmm. . . That is interesting news about the store in France. But as far as I recall and I've been collecting since 1996, I don't recall the price of any item here in the US going up at a Toys R Us. . . That's why everybody over here is treating it as big news. It is, well, unprecedented. Stateside, that is.

Reaction score
I haven't found these ships locally yet, but soon I hope.

These OT ship molds are beginning to show their age though, and I can't help but wonder if maybe Hasbro should re-design these somewhere along the line.

Reaction score
MARK2D2 said:
Interesting.

It was me by the way who thought it odd that the prices were different. I mean, the ship is still a very good buy at $34.99 --- a much better buy than the flimsy TIE INTERCEPTOR with one figure. . . That said, I sure am glad that I rushed out right aways and got one at the original price. . .

PS ---- Hmmmmm. . . That is interesting news about the store in France. But as far as I recall and I've been collecting since 1996, I don't recall the price of any item here in the US going up at a Toys R Us. . . That's why everybody over here is treating it as big news. It is, well, unprecedented. Stateside, that is.
guess you missed it when toys r us raised the price of thier at-ats from $80 to $90.