Y-wing

Reaction score
I'm so upset right now, I can't buy @ TRU.com cause my CC is foreign, even if I have a US shipping address or if I use PayPal... Isn't there anyone who can buy me two of these and two interceptors??? I can send you the money via pay pal. PLEASE !!!

Reaction score
I'll make a deal with anyone who's interested: I'll order the ship ($29.99). All I want is the pilot. I'll sell you the ship, along with the droid, for $20.00 (plus shipping). Anybody interested?

Reaction score
PM sent:

PS to that PM --- Maybe it would make more sense for me to order the ship and then sell you the pilot though, You know?

Reaction score
MARK2D2 said:
PM sent:

PS to that PM --- Maybe it would make more sense for me to order the ship and then sell you the pilot though, You know?
PM sent back... yeah, your idea makes more sense.

Reaction score
Raziel said:
If you find that your R5's are missing their antennae, be sure to check around inside the box before your fling it around. Realized I was missing both of mine. Fortunately, I had opened it on the floor on dark carpet, so they were fairly easy to find. Whew.
Thanks for the heads up Raziel. I tend to blindly tear into the packaging when I get a new item.

Reaction score
M_Kunst said:
Raziel said:
If you find that your R5's are missing their antennae, be sure to check around inside the box before your fling it around. Realized I was missing both of mine. Fortunately, I had opened it on the floor on dark carpet, so they were fairly easy to find. Whew.
Thanks for the heads up Raziel. I tend to blindly tear into the packaging when I get a new item.
I tend to be alot more careful since I read on here that alot of people were throwing away their Treachery on Saleucami BP packaging without finding the pistols. I thought that was silly, until I got home pulled mine out of the garbage and realized I almost did the same thing. I got real lucky since I opened mine in my toy room that has a garbage sack that I only take out once a month or so, (all that is in it is Hasbro packaging), and that BP filled it up and I was a week late in dumping it, lucky me!

Here's a question. How much do you think an opened Y-wing from PoTF2 ( the similar yellow one), should command loose, now that a new superior one is out for 29.99? A comic store near me has one for 40.00 loose with figure, and I wouldn't pay that 4 months ago, let alone now that I can get the new one for $30.

Reaction score
sorry don't have time to read each post but, what is the general consensus on the paint job for the y-wing? Maybe someone could post pics of the previous versions for comparison purposes. Then we need to do a spectral analysis of the plastic and paint used. just j/k

Reaction score
I ordered this online last night (after checking my brick and mortar version) and was a little bummed out that the site said it would take 2 to 3 days for the item to ship (plus presumably 7 days of UPS ground shipping). I thought 2 to 3 days was a little excessive for an in stock item. Anyway, I got my shipping notice today, so it shipped within 24 hrs which I think is acceptable. I'm just passing this on for anyone who might get deterred by the 2 to 3 days to ship notification.

Reaction score
I saw a couple today. As much as I want one, I had to pass. I'll wait when it goes on clearance and if it sells out I'll wait until they bring it back, ala the X-Wing and AT-AT that are shelf warming at Toys R Us.

30 isn't bad but I can wait.

Reaction score
I'm gonna hold out to see if they run the BOGO on their website again. That's how I got the Bantha pack and some Tie Fighters.

Reaction score
Scored this nifty set today when I snuck into a Toys R Us on my way to a meeting. Damn! The Y-wing sure is huge! This ship is a great deal at thirty bucks. The deco looks amazing in person and the droid is quite well painted with some rather interesting detailing. He's pretty dang cool.

Tomorrow I mail off the pilot (who is pretty cool, too --- only pilots are just are not my thing. . . ) to Kriegersaurus who i met right here in this very thread. So this ship is a steal for me at $20! I am so very pleased I decided to pick this up. I'd missed the previous Y-wing and always thought it was an even cooler design than the X-wing. Now, at long last, it is mine!

Reaction score
The wife picked one up for me! Gotta love that!

For only $30 it's a much better value than those $45 Bantha packs. Those things just aren't moving.

Reaction score
Leia_Way said:
The wife picked one up for me! Gotta love that!

For only $30 it's a much better value than those $45 Bantha packs. Those things just aren't moving.
The Y-wing seems like is it priced unusually cheaply when compared to the other exclusives, I wonder why that is. The INTERCEPTOR is five dollars more, yet the Y-wing seems like a bigger ship, comes with two figures instead of one, and a much nicer box as well. . .

Reaction score
I think TRU or Hasbro is just being greedy since they got so much for that TIE Fighter last year.
As for why the Y-wing's so LOW then compared to, say, last year's X-wing... maybe someone recognizes that the X-wing's pretty close to scale, as are the TIEs, while the Y-wing's still dramatically UNDER scale.

Reaction score
MARK2D2 said:
Scored this nifty set today when I snuck into a Toys R Us on my way to a meeting. Damn! The Y-wing sure is huge! This ship is a great deal at thirty bucks. The deco looks amazing in person and the droid is quite well painted with some rather interesting detailing. He's pretty dang cool.

Tomorrow I mail off the pilot (who is pretty cool, too --- only pilots are just are not my thing. . . ) to Kriegersaurus who i met right here in this very thread. So this ship is a steal for me at $20! I am so very pleased I decided to pick this up. I'd missed the previous Y-wing and always thought it was an even cooler design than the X-wing. Now, at long last, it is mine!
You're the man, Mark! All I needed was the pilot, and you totally hooked me up. Scummers rule!

Reaction score
Darth_Anton said:
I seriously should commission someone to cast molds of the new nose guns. I'd love to replace the ones on my previous versions.
Excellent idea! I wonder if the guys over at GTG customs would be able to knock these out??

Reaction score
Re: Y-wing - R5 Has a bad motivator!

Picked this up today - am I the only person thats annoyed that the R5 in the droid socket has the bad motivator thing sticking it and it can't retracted like on the regular R5? It's like they reused the head mold for R5 but couldn't be bothered to either patch up the motivator hole or build some kind of retracting mechanism - I think it would have been cool for R5 to get battle damage - a la R2 in the final trench run.

Reaction score
I got my y wing in the mail! the figure looks fine but not SA, anyway this pilot was only seen just the head shot and the figure will due ok.

the dutch body they can only used on just the pilots flying the y wings in ANH. the rest will have retooled luke pilot (VTSC) body.

Reaction score

rrighteous said:
Picked this up today - am I the only person thats annoyed that the R5 in the droid socket has the bad motivator thing sticking it and it can't retracted like on the regular R5?
No, you're not.

Reaction score

The new version of the Y-WIng Fighter is now added to our Photo Archive:

What a deal! a great ship, a pilot, AND an astromech droid!

Reaction score

Awesome, can't wait to find this bad boy!

Quick Q...this may've already been adressed but did they fix the landing gear on this to be more stable with this release? I've owned the vinatage and the target exc and both had really sucky rear landing gear. I had to use a paper clip stuck in there to keep the gear down when displaying the POTF one.

Reaction score

My landing gear on the version is better than my Target version. It still sags a little, but doesn't completely fall after 5 seconds or even 24 hours so far.

Reaction score

The new front guns look terrific. Probably the best touch from Hasbro on this release.

Reaction score

eleavitt2000 said:
My landing gear on the version is better than my Target version. It still sags a little, but doesn't completely fall after 5 seconds or even 24 hours so far.
I was unaware of that problem on the older release and can say mines been sitting for over a week now and has'nt sagged or anything.

Sev

Reaction score

Thanks for adding this to the archives! I can't wait to get it!

Reaction score

Just talked to the wife and it looks like my Y-wing has arrived.

Reaction score

realized that i had lost both antennae today. found one on the carpet, but the other one was probably still in the box (which is now in a dump somewhere).

thinking of buying an R5D4 if i can find one...is the antenna EXACTLY the same? in molded color and everything? if so i'll just switch them. can anyone confirm?

Reaction score

They are the same as far as I can tell:

Reaction score

MandalorianKid said:
eleavitt2000 said:
I was unaware of that problem on the older release and can say mines been sitting for over a week now and has'nt sagged or anything.
Gotta chime in here, mine is fine, too. As far as I can tell. I've had mine out of the box since last friday and it's doing just fine. No sagging. By the way, this is a REALLY cool mechanism in my book. I mean one little switch lowers and locks not one, not two, but all three landing gears. Very, very nice.

PS --- Yeah, I was a little irked that the in-shop R5 will forever have a bad motivator. . . But I'll live. . .

Reaction score

An X-acto knife will cure that bad motivator Mark.
That's probably what I'll do with mine when I get it.

Looking at the photos, I really like the way the fixed droid looks. I know some don't, but I think it's a much cleaner look. When you have an open droid socket, they never fit quite right in there.

Reaction score

Just put 4 on the shelf at TRU today. Its bigger then I thought it'd be. Might just have to pick on up on payday.

Reaction score

I think this is the only ship this year in which the actual ship is shown on the box rather than some CG rendering or whatever.

Reaction score

monkeyboy said:
realized that i had lost both antennae today. found one on the carpet, but the other one was probably still in the box (which is now in a dump somewhere).

thinking of buying an R5D4 if i can find one...is the antenna EXACTLY the same? in molded color and everything? if so i'll just switch them. can anyone confirm?

Call Hasbro, they will send you one no charge. I did it for the decals on the TRU Kenobi starfighter and the Target slave 1 with Fetts missing missle. They sent both, free postage.

Reaction score

This is the same one I opened Christmas morning in 1983 (I think). Please oh please...let there be light...bad droid and all.

ESB Lando was in the cockpit in the picture (I think again).

The yellow stripes makes it go faster.