Y-wing

Reaction score
If someone posted this then lock it.If not I am very curious about this Y-wing(SKN 680513 EX SW 3.75 GOLD Y-WING $29.99).I hope it has an opened droid socket like the one that came out in 1983-84.I would like to put different astromechs in the back and not the one that is permenatly fixed.

Reaction score
Re: TRU Y-wing

I don't have a Y-Wing so I might just pick this up. Before ROTS, I *very* rarely got vehicles, but now I can't stop!

Reaction score

To me vehicles are seriously the cream of the crop of SW collecting.

I picked up the POTF 2 version, passed on the OTC one, but will probably scoop this one.

Reaction score

I really want to see pics of this. I hope it has the same or some form of the POTF2 Y-Wing paint scheme. I wasn't able to get that one, and the last OTC one that was released didn't appeal to me. I would love to be able to get this one. To bad its a TRU exclusive, as the TRU in my area is pretty lame.

Reaction score

After the nice Zev/Snowspeeder surprise, it's possible that it might come with a pilot that isn't totally generic. ("Red Leader!" Cough! "Y-Wing Pilot!" Gag!)

If so, I'm so in.

Reaction score

DarthJace said:
After the nice Zev/Snowspeeder surprise, it's possible that it might come with a pilot that isn't totally generic. ("Red Leader!" Cough! "Y-Wing Pilot!" Gag!)

If so, I'm so in.
Red Leader cant come with a Y-Wing since he is an X-wing pilot!

Reaction score

Tiree finally getting a figure and coming with this new Y-Wing would guarantee a purchase from me.

"The guns... They've stopped!"

That'd be awesome; he's on my wishlist of obscurities to see in toy form.

Reaction score

jedimasterc said:
If someone posted this then lock it.If not I am very curious about this Y-wing(SKN 680513 EX SW 3.75 GOLD Y-WING $29.99).I hope it has an opened droid socket like the one that came out in 1983-84.I would like to put different astromechs in the back and not the one that is permenatly fixed.

it wont. Hasbro said that mold is long gone.

Reaction score

I'm going to guess that this will be Gold Leader's Y-wing.

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind seeing a re-release of the POTF2 Y-Wing since that one had the best paint scheme and was movie accurate.

Just throw in a better pilot and removable astro droid and a lot of people would be very happy.

Reaction score

A must have vehicle to my collection because I missed the last time when TRU brought out the red and white one.

Reaction score

Leightongates said:
SnTrooper said:
I'm going to guess that this will be Gold Leader's Y-wing.
I doubt it. Hasbro is smart enough to know that it is better with a "unique" pilot. Higher sales.
Totally agree, I'd guess Tiree myself, as they can re-hash the Vander mold (not a horrible thing) with a new head and unique helmet (the black shadow outline on the Rebel crest is unique to Tiree).

Gold Five - "Pops" would be cooler - but I always took him as needing a paunchier sculpt. Seeing as they did some non-trivial updates to the Vander Sculpt for Zev though.... hmmmmmm.....

In either case, I completely agree that it should be a newish pilot as that will guarantee more sales to those looking for the figure (like Zev) - as a second Gold Y-Wing serves little purpose in my collection.

New pilot - I'm in!

'78

GNT

Reaction score
I could use a few more rebel fighters for the collection.

Reaction score
Any idea which paint scheme this could be - is there a 'gold' one in the OT at all? Or do we think that's a reference to the callsign?

Reaction score
Argh! Why did it have to be a TRU exclusive!

Anyway, I really want this one, if it is actual movie deco and not EU like the last release (OTC).

It will be interesting to see what they do for a pilot. I'm assuming it will be Tiree or Pops, but for some reason I wouldn't be shocked if it was a straight up repack of Vander (yes I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't be shocked if it did).

I had the vintage Y-Wing as a kid, it was a great toy. Electronics, working droid socket, working bomb that dropped at the push of a button...
The modern one isn't as exciting in terms of features, but with a really good paint job it would be exactly what I am looking for.

Is there any chance this could actually be a ROTJ Y-Wing, complete with a pilot wearing the alternate outfit seen in that movie? That would be cool too.

Reaction score
have been checking out Tiree's helmet and its so similar to Lukes that its a real shame. Maybe they will make a ROTJ Y-Wing pilot with a different flightsuit to the ANH's X-wing suit.
LOL Good point JTV I guess we were posting at the same time. I hope so cos Tiree looks just like Luke and that sucks.

Reaction score
I already have 2 but i'd welcomea third one. It will certainly come with a pilot and i wish they would use a OTC body instead of those basic pilots from the POTF2 era. A working socket for the astromech would be cool too but i don't hold my breath.

Reaction score
Leightongates said:
have been checking out Tiree's helmet and its so similar to Lukes that its a real shame. Maybe they will make a ROTJ Y-Wing pilot with a different flightsuit to the ANH's X-wing suit.
LOL Good point JTV I guess we were posting at the same time. I hope so cos Tiree looks just like Luke and that sucks.
Maybe they'll just come up with something completely EU as they've got into doing recently!

Reaction score
CapTypho said:
Leightongates said:
Maybe they'll just come up with something completely EU as they've got into doing recently!
Yeah good point, I can totally see that too.

Reaction score
CopacabanaJEDI said:
jaketheviking said:
Argh! Why did it have to be a TRU exclusive!
I bet its pissing the people off that hate shopping at TOYS R US!
Yup thats me!
. Hate it more than anything else... And thoose pesky peg warmers take up out only peg apart from the peg which has a lone Chancelor Palpatine which is packed with dust.... [Thus a perfect card...]

Reaction score
Like I said, it must me a territorial thing. The stores in Ny have been great for us collectors.

Reaction score
Leightongates said:
Doh, after rooting around on wookipedia I have found out that the y-wing pilots in ROTJ were Gray Squadron so it wont be them cos it says gold y-wing on the TRU computer. Damn
But last year, "Hunt for Grevious" was called "Defense of the Senate" in thier comp. system....So there is hope that'll be gray squad- that'll be the seller for me otherwise, it'd have to be a VERY unique orange suited piot

Reaction score
Leightongates said:
have been checking out Tiree's helmet and its so similar to Lukes that its a real shame.
It id indeed similar, but, at the same time it is indeed diffferent - the black outline/shadow is very much different from Luke's. He'll have a completely different head sculpt, so he will be unique.

Pops would be better as the symbol on his helmet is different, but as I stated above, I envision a paunchier (not Porkins paunchy mind you) sculpt being necessary to make Pops look right.

But they did change the sculpt for Zev....

I keep going back to that!

'78

Reaction score
I expect a Vander with a new head, but you never know. Honestly, I don't care if it is a named pilot or not as long as it's not a POTF sculpt. A droid socket would be fantastic, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction score
I do too, and that's why Tiree makes sense for this release. As for the droid socket, I think that's a closed issue, as I do believe Hasbro has already said it would be the same as the POTF2 release without the droid socket.

'78

Reaction score
CaptainJack said:
Tiree might even be small enough to use the VTSC Luke sculpt which would be nice.
That would be O.K. too - would be nice to not have ALL the pilots of the same giant stature as Gold Leader. In either case it's just a new head and helmet.

'78

Reaction score
I picked up the TRU exclusive OTC version back in 04 so unless this one is drastically different I won't be picking it up.