Y-Wing Bomber v2

Reaction score
Picked one of these up at TJ Maxx this morning for $20.

For $20 it's great. Not much worth more then $30 to me. I have a number of the $23-25 vehicles that I like better. I have no idea how this was priced at $70

I'm ditching the back engines, giving it a paint job and it's going to be a bounty hunters ship, maybe for Embo...WELL worth $20 now.

Reaction score
i was never gonna buy this vehicle, but at over 50% off, it was hard to pass up. got mine at TrU last Wednesday. now if only that Slave 1 & Mace Windu starfighter would go on sale at 50% off

Reaction score
Haven't opened it up yet but still glad I got this "hero" version. Wouldn't mind getting variants like the "standard" yellow paint and red paint. I just don't think I'd get them for $70 each or whatever.

The pop-up rocket launcher panels feature is neat but since this is a bomber and not a fighter, more bombs in the bomb bay would have been better. This is like the US Navy A-6 Intruder (Flight of the Inruder) of the SW Universe.
Sure, both the Navy F-14 Tomcat and Navy/Marines F-18 Hornet had limited bomber roles...but they were not designed to be as accurate as actual bomber-role aircraft like the Intruder or USAF A-10 Warthog.

Been a SW fan since 1978. But my favorite SW vehicle from any era has got to be the ARC-170. I don't have any of the 4 variants. The "Blue Tigershark" paint scheme would have to be my absolute favorite out of the 4, and the first issue regular plain Republic version a close second. I also missed out on the Target-exclusive ARC-170 4-figure Clone Pilot set(Blue Tiger Shark scheme).

Reaction score
coeli said:
Picked up two more of this sucker for $20 a piece at Marshalls
Lucky

The Marshalls in my area has had a SW helmet and SW kites for months and that's it when it comes to SW.

Went to TRU and finally found 2 of the Y-Wings today. One damaged. I picked up the other one for $34..Finally...

Reaction score
the Marshall's I found had a couple for $29, and a Walmart still has some for $29....
tempting but I've gotten one, and holding out for a 'clearance' tie bomber

Reaction score
Well, I'M DONE WITH MY CUSTOM!!!

Not really, due to the fact that as I was taking these pics, I saw a few spots that need paint touchups (like in the action feature buttons, which seem to scrape paint off when used... gotta stop firing the missiles... anyway)

Here are some pics of my CW Red Squadron Y-Wing, also some comparison pics to the original Shadow Squadron one. Cuz shadows are yellow...
I've got two Matchsticks piloting the yellow one and two Gojis piloting the red one. The yellow ship has a mixup build a droid, the red ship has Watto's blue droid from the Wally 2 packs a whiles back.

Anyway, I've been working on this custom on and off since last September or so, probably put in 125-150 hours total. It took 5 coats of white paint over the whole thing, then the red portions got an additional 5 to 6 coats of red paint. The black Republic logos were crappily hand painted by me as well. Printing out stickers was suggested to me, but I like the 100% handpainted feel of it. Now on to other things...

Reaction score
They've dropped the price on the Y-Wing to $35 before, so there's a good chance it'll show up again before the end of the year. They were at Ross for $30 earlier in the year.

Reaction score
JonDough said:
They've dropped the price on the Y-Wing to $35 before, so there's a good chance it'll show up again before the end of the year. They were at Ross for $30 earlier in the year.
How long ago? My wife always goes to Ross.

Reaction score
Y-wing and ARC-170 are half off at TRU this week, like the last few. Looks like a big push to get rid of them. Although I haven't seen an arc-170 in awhile, has anyone else?

Reaction score
GarvenDreis said:
AaylaSecurasMan said:
Still $35 at my local TRU.
And the price is ever more so tempting...
Still $35 at mine as well. My son really likes this ship and I'm thinking of another.

Where were all the discounted ones of $29.99 and $20 at? I never saw them...

Reaction score
We got two of these last year and they've been sitting stored loose and assembled behind my vehicle bins for about that long so I took one out and gave it to my kid.

He is stoked.

Reaction score
Bought another one

I told myself I wouldn't buy another vehicle. I actually began lining up the ones I had to sell until I walked into TRU today and found a 2009 Clone Wars (Red and White) Y Bomber for $30. Box is in very nice condition and actually a very nice put together package with a diorama built into the box. When will it end?

GNT

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase.

I will merge your thread with the appropriate thread when I can :)

Reaction score
Uhm, there is no such thing as a Red & White Clone Wars Y-Wing. There is a Red/White TVC Y-Wing, and a Yellow/White TCW Y-Wing, but not a Red/White TCW Y-Wing. So this may have been an intentional TVC post with a TCW typo.