Y-Wing Bomber v2

Reaction score
Way cool! The red Y-Wing. I love it.

Now tell Matchstick to get away from Goji's Y-Wing!

Reaction score
Cyclone said:

ahh but this is not Goji's Y-wing ,its PoleAxe 2 (the red Y-wings in "Landing at Point Rain) pilot & Gunner is "TwoTone" and "Ripper"

Reaction score
wraith_nine said:
capt_kulas said:
Masterjedi4612 said:
If they ever drop the price to $10 bucks I may pick up another and try to repaint it red.
dude, at $20, id get a second one!
already done it

That paint job is absolutely awesome!

I would love to pick up another at the $20 price point, but my available storage space is shrinking fast, and money is a bit tight right now, so I'm trying to save for some of the new Vintage stuff that's coming out soon. I have to say though, a year ago, I hated the CW stuff, and the line, and now, after having given it a chance, both the show and the line are starting to grow on me, which is great for me, but oh so bad for my wallet.

Reaction score
wraith_nine said:
Cyclone said:

ahh but this is not Goji's Y-wing ,its PoleAxe 2 (the red Y-wings in "Landing at Point Rain) pilot & Gunner is "TwoTone" and "Ripper"
I hate to differ with you, but I really think that you have the Goji Y-Wing there. The red and white are inverted. The Point Rain Y-Wing has a white cockpit canopy. The leading tips of the engines are red, etc...

Point Rain Y-Wing vs Zillo Beast Y-Wing (Goji)

My friend you have Goji's Y-Wing there. It looks great BTW. I had planned on making one myself. I even picked up a $45 WM special. But it sits in my Garage. I had be contemplating putting LEDs in it, but that has been harder than I was expecting. I might just paint it.

BTW. Did you detail the cockpit? (I'm begging for pics here)

Reaction score
Cyclone said:
wraith_nine said:
Cyclone said:

I hate to differ with you, but I really think that you have the Goji Y-Wing there. The red and white are inverted. The Point Rain Y-Wing has a white cockpit canopy. The leading tips of the engines are red, etc...

Point Rain Y-Wing vs Zillo Beast Y-Wing (Goji)

My friend you have Goji's Y-Wing there. It looks great BTW. I had planned on making one myself. I even picked up a $45 WM special. But it sits in my Garage. I had be contemplating putting LEDs in it, but that has been harder than I was expecting. I might just paint it.

BTW. Did you detail the cockpit? (I'm begging for pics here)
this is my fantasy dont spoil it!

no i didn't detail the cockpit (hopefully i will get round to it someday ) as i suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and this project absolutley knackered me out.
i have Goji ,at that time i didn't (put the head on a Matchstick body as i hate the stone sculpt ) but i just dont have a clear shot or shots of Rod's helmet design ,if ayone can help with that it would be great .

Reaction score
You want to get a good look at Rod's helmet. Then you have to check out the Commentary for the episode. They have a good shot of him and Goji (and their Y-Wing)

Here are some screen captures from the Commentary. One is a good view of the design, the other just shows him up in the bubble (at least you can see the color)

Sorry to hear about your Cronic Fatigue. I have an eye condition that basically is "Blisters inside my eyes". So I see at different depths with each eye. (Kind make sodering wires too hard for LED work).

Let me know if you want to make a spare Rod, I can send you a Oddball/Goji/Matchstick.

Reaction score
Cyclone said:
You want to get a good look at Rod's helmet. Then you have to check out the Commentary for the episode. They have a good shot of him and Goji (and their Y-Wing)

Here are some screen captures from the Commentary. One is a good view of the design, the other just shows him up in the bubble (at least you can see the color)

Sorry to hear about your Cronic Fatigue. I have an eye condition that basically is "Blisters inside my eyes". So I see at different depths with each eye. (Kind make sodering wires too hard for LED work).

Let me know if you want to make a spare Rod, I can send you a Oddball/Goji/Matchstick.
thanks cyclone thats much appreciated

Reaction score
got one of these for $20 at TJ Maxx

I was hoping to also be able to use this for Hasbro's free mail away toy promo but the TJ Maxx receipt just says "toys/books" nothing to indicate that I bought a SW item. I am going to try and mail it out anyway and throw the UPC from the box in there with the receipt.

Reaction score
I did precisely the same thing! I hadn't checked the receipt yet and I wondered if there wad fine print in the offer making discount items inelligible.

I don't do very much Clone Ward stuff and I haven't even opened it yet, but I was too curious about what makes this thing earn a $70 retail price. I remember seeing it originally a while back and realizing Hasbro was getting pretty serious about CW. $20 is absolutely a steal, but I'll decide if $70 was ridiculous once I open it.

Reaction score
Found one last week at TJ Maxx in Louisville for only $15. Not sure why it was $5 lower than the others found recently. I tried using a $5 off coupon but was denied

Reaction score
My local Marshalls had 5 Y wing bombers. 4 were marked at $40, and one had a red $30 clearance sticker. I took 2 up to the counter and asked if I could get both at the clearance price and the cashier printed out a second clearance sticker and scanned it for me!

I would have bought more if they were at $20.. They had 10 before Christmas.. I wonder why only 1 was on clearance.. It looked brand new to me.

Reaction score
Thanx for the heads-up on these. I'm amazed that they came down so much in price, this is definately one of my favorite veichles. I think I'm going to add two of these to my Y-Wing Squadron over my Hoth display ( I figure the Rebels have some older Y-Wing models in their fleet).

Reaction score
Don't know if GNT got my PM a couple of weeks back, but the parent company of Marshalls, TJ Maxx and AJ Wright is shutting down the latter chain. They are marked at $40 with clearance percentages. I got one for a future gifting opportunity right around New Year's for 25 percent off ($30). As of last week, they were at 30 percent off ($28).

Reaction score
The Marshalls by my work has 8 to 10 of these next to the register @ $29. I haven't seen the ARC-170s yet.

Reaction score
I got one at TJ Maxx for $20 but for some reason the other local TJ Maxx's still had them for $30. This beast is huuuuge.

Reaction score
Will have to check out the sister stores when the snow clears. AJ is down to $25, but I'll hold out for $20. This is a nice luxury, but ultimately a one-episode pass if the price ain't "Wright".

Reaction score
Chewbacca said:
Will have to check out the sister stores when the snow clears. AJ is down to $25, but I'll hold out for $20.
Hold out for $20? I'd be happy to find just one for $60....

Reaction score
CorvetteEB said:
Chewbacca said:
Will have to check out the sister stores when the snow clears. AJ is down to $25, but I'll hold out for $20.
come to my local TRU, they had a whole endcap filled with them a few days ago for full price

Reaction score
MirkoCroCop said:
I got one at TJ Maxx for $20 but for some reason the other local TJ Maxx's still had them for $30. This beast is huuuuge.
Haven't seen this for any cheaper than $29 around here. Which Maxx did you find them for at $20??

Reaction score
skytreader said:
MirkoCroCop said:
Haven't seen this for any cheaper than $29 around here. Which Maxx did you find them for at $20??
It was the last one but here ya go:
2951 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA
(714) 730-1013

Reaction score
Still hoping to see this somewhere in Europe a little less pricey than has been seen so far, would love to pick up 2 or 3

Reaction score
Stopped by AJ yesterday and it had already closed its doors. Two Y-Wings were still in there last week.
Oh well, it was a gamble I wasn't too worried about losing.

Reaction score
May make a trip to a few of these TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's next time. Last I saw here in town: only TRU and TRU Express had the bomber...at a whopping $80. There were loads of them but none were moving. This back around Christmas time.

Reaction score
Spookymufu said:
CorvetteEB said:
Chewbacca said:
come to my local TRU, they had a whole endcap filled with them a few days ago for full price
Holy [censored]! Is TRU competing with ebay sellers now.

Reaction score
My local TJ Maxx had 14 of these for $20 that haven't moved for weeks. My wife went by Tuesday night and they had 5 left for $10 each. Guess that was the price it took to move them.

Reaction score
This was taken on Sunday @ TRU. was holding one for a good 20 min until I put it back and got a couple of other items instead. So tempting. Really wanted to get 2 and put on layaway but since they were marked down on sale, they didn't qualify as layaway items.

Monday: So I finally gave in and went back to the same TRU and finally got myself one! Customary SenComm Welcoming Committe-approved!

EDIT: Now I need to get some Clone Trooper Pilots for it next time. Even though this is clearly Gen Skywalker's Y-Wing color scheme. I have a Goji but don't want to open him up...he flies a red Y-Wing anyway, I think.

Reaction score
I have been going back and fourth about this, I kind of want one but I dont collect PT/EU stuff so it doesnt really fit into my collection, but at 50% off it's tempting but is it still worth $40....um....I dunno....um.....I cant decide, it's cool but it isnt OT, I like it but dont have the room for non-OT things....I dunno........

Nope, it isnt something I really need....I'll wait for the new OT Y-wing...

Reaction score
I can't say exactly why, but I love my y-wing. I'm very glad I got it. I would even go so far as to say it is my favourite SW toy vehicle. Ever. And I was around for the actual vintage ones.

To anyone who is tempted to buy one I would recommend you give in to the temptation. It is useless to resist!

Reaction score
Heres to wishing i'd actually ever see it around here... At the 35$ price is out of question, but just seeing it in the wild would be enough

Reaction score
to the folks in the US, is the US$34.99 y-wing still going on at TRU? im thinking of asking my folks to check it out for me (their local tj maxx or marshalls doesn't have any bombers).. thanks

Reaction score
@ Kulas: Yes, TRU is offering that price until 2/26/11 by this Sat. Good luck!

@ Chevron: "Star Wars Clone Wars Visual Guide" Its coffeebook-sized. Covers the movie and Season 1.

@ Cyclone: I missed out on single-carded Matchstick due to procrastinating but yes, there are a lot of Anakin/Matchstick 2-packs to settle on @ all the WMs here in town. He's sports my favorite pilot helmet graphic...why I waited so long to finally decide get him only to see that he but all disappered, was entirely my fault!
Seen many Oddballs is still readily available.

Before I hit that TRU, I went to a few TJ Maxx's, a Ross, and a Marshall...but no Y-Wings. The TRU sale price wasn't too bad considering that I was actually going to fork over the $70-$80 in about a month
. All the TRUs I've seen since November had plenty of them so this was the only way to move them, I guess. $29.99 wouldve' been better, right?!
The TRU Expresses were the most expensive, @ $80(79.99).