Reaction score
Well I guess they got some more
Don't forget the coupon using the link above

Reaction score
Good to see they're selling well. It bodes well for future starfighters

Reaction score
2E151 said:
Yeah before the Y-Wing came out there seemed to be a lot of people on these boards boycotting it.

Reaction score
bongjuan said:
2E151 said:
Yeah before the Y-Wing came out there seemed to be a lot of people on these boards boycotting it.
It's pretty funny that so many people were boycotting this thing on these boards and now it looks to have gone the opposite direction with everybody scrambling to get one. I just ordered from Target.com today and snagged another Y-Wing with that $5.00 off discount. Thanks for the heads up you guys!

Reaction score
Here's the interesting shot to me though. The front portion of the Y-wing doesn't appear any larger than the old one really. This actually makes some sense b/c it was the rest of the ship that was out of scale to the front. It's still not perfect, but it's getting there (and looks great regardless).

I will totally buy the inverted color scheme for the rest of Anakin's squadron. In my fantasy land, they'll make a version of this with removable armor so it can work for the OT as well.

Out of curiosity, for those who have bought this; take a look at the engine exhausts. Are they both oriented the same way? The original Y-wing had a specific orientation to the exhaust and when I looked at the new one I realized I have one oriented one way and one 90 degrees different. The part is obviously separate from the rest of the nacelle, so I wonder if I have a random error or if many of them are similar.

Reaction score
Dake said:
Here's the interesting shot to me though. The front portion of the Y-wing doesn't appear any larger than the old one really. This actually makes some sense b/c it was the rest of the ship that was out of scale to the front. It's still not perfect, but it's getting there (and looks great regardless).

I will totally buy the inverted color scheme for the rest of Anakin's squadron. In my fantasy land, they'll make a version of this with removable armor so it can work for the OT as well.

Out of curiosity, for those who have bought this; take a look at the engine exhausts. Are they both oriented the same way? The original Y-wing had a specific orientation to the exhaust and when I looked at the new one I realized I have one oriented one way and one 90 degrees different. The part is obviously separate from the rest of the nacelle, so I wonder if I have a random error or if many of them are similar.
Cool pic!

You don't have an error or variant. The exhaust ends are the same as your on mine.

Reaction score
My only disappointment with this ship is that the gun turret does not rotate.

My front guns were all bent when I took it out of the box, so I had to boil and bend them back into position. I was going to get a 2nd y-wing as well, but since this is the deco for Anakin's only, I guess I'll wait for the eventual repaint in a shadow squadron deco.

Reaction score
Are these really selling well? I bought the only one I've ever seen, now if they are shipping in the same quantity as the Shadow ARC, then yeah, they're selling like hotcakes!

i hope there isn't a backlog of these in warehouse and once we get closer to Christmas they'll flood the shelves and sit. Christmas, however, might just save this ship. It's a good price for the guy who needs a big gift but doesn't really want to spend $100. But for $35, you can have the Octapurra Droid, although the scale of the thing isn't fully appreciated in the box, for either vehicle actually.

Reaction score
Zylek said:
My only disappointment with this ship is that the gun turret does not rotate.

My front guns were all bent when I took it out of the box, so I had to boil and bend them back into position. I was going to get a 2nd y-wing as well, but since this is the deco for Anakin's only, I guess I'll wait for the eventual repaint in a shadow squadron deco.
Yeah, both Y-Wings I've gotten have had the same problem with both the front guns and the guns on the bubble being warped. I normally just take a hairdryer and heat the rubber pieces up then dip them in ice cold water. That does the trick every time. I just wish Hasbro would starting using hard plastic for pieces like these.

Reaction score
jrice73 said:
I just wish Hasbro would starting using hard plastic for pieces like these.
My guess is that they do this for the safety aspect. This way they can sell the item as it was intended to look instead of just chopping the guns off like they did with the Target and red/blue Y-Wings. We don't want little Johnny being impaled by the forces of good now do we?

Reaction score
AGH! Now I gotta buy the red one too! Red is what I really wanted, to go with the color scheme of the other republic vehicles..

Reaction score
bongjuan said:
2E151 said:
Still boycotting. I won't buy this til the price comes wayyyyy down.

Reaction score

Took a screenie of the red one from the trailer. Sorry its not very clear, it only zooms by for a second.

Reaction score
I wonder when the blue squadron concept art makes it's debut on the show and eventually in toy form? The concept has been around since before the movie was released.

Reaction score
It actually looks gold, but being in shadow darkens it. Being against the gold sky, it seems red. My bet is that the first repaint will be blue. Then we'll get a shadow one.

Reaction score
Beaversateit said:

Took a screenie of the red one from the trailer. Sorry its not very clear, it only zooms by for a second.
Well, this will probably be the first repaint. Like the Red Jammer from the Original Trilogy. Nice!

Reaction score
That's what I'm saying! I guess in a few weeks the episode will air, and then we can say I told you so.

Reaction score
Well, I'm happy that the bomber is showing up in the shows again. Now if I can ever get over that pricetag, I'll buy it.

Reaction score
I recieved my 3 Y-Wings from Target
I didn't realize the turret doesn't rotate. One of the boxes was smashed but the vehicle inside was fine. On one of the vehicles, the left rear landing gears has a stress mark, looks like it was molded so that the strut wasn't perfectly perpendicular to the foot so someone tried to bend it straight ( I swear it wasn't me). It's so slight that I can live with it, it's nice to finally have a Y-Wing that can stand up, even with a slightly bent strut. I'll hold off on buying any more for now, but am looking forward to a couple years time when people start selling them in the Modern Classifieds for $40

Reaction score
I got my Y-Wing in the other day from my Target.com order. As usual, UPS did a fantastic job of smashing the box. I was going to open it anyway. But the box was smashed so much that it did the accordion thing. This passed through to the Y-Wing box as well. Fortunately the Y-Wing itself was fine.

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. Just reaffirming that the stickers are pretty much useless. You can't see them except up close. And up close, they don't add anything. Also, the inserting of the 2x3 flat lego block into the droid socket did a great job of lifting the droid to the right height as someone suggested before. Oddball and Goldie look fantastic in this thing. I think I am going to make Matchstick the gunner when I get him.

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday target.com and it's awesome. I did some minor weathering and detail work

Reaction score
sargent said:
Got mine yesterday target.com and it's awesome. I did some minor weathering and detail work

WOW! Great job! That weathering is very realistic and awesome

Reaction score
Well, my girl got it for me as an early birthday present, and I'll have to say I'm pretty darn impressed! This thing is armed to the teeth in terms of weaponry. I'll probably remove the Galactic Republic Cog so that way it could appear as a transition piece by being used as an early Rebel Y-Wing that was maybe recovered after the formation of the Empire.

Reaction score
Not impressed, really?
It is exactly what I thought it would be. I got one today and I love it. It is a great ship and it looks awesome in my collection. I was so glad when I saw one on the shelf today when I did my run to a comic book store. I thought the box would be bigger since this ship is slightly bigger than the OT Y-Wing.

Reaction score
After these few days, this thing has really grown on me. It's pretty cool! I think my favorite feature is the pop up panels that have guns on them. While I don't agree with the guns (I removed them), the panels are super cool.

Reaction score
Happy birthday Onsokumaru. The Y-Wing is a great present.

And great work, Sarge!

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Y-Wing Bomber

Good work sargent,it looks pretty good.

Reaction score
Re: Y-Wing Bomber

Thanks guys. And I'll have to agree. The weathering job Sarge pulled on the Y-Wing makes it much less cartoon and much more live action looking.

Reaction score
I ended up ordering mine from Target.com, and I'm glad I did. I have yet to actually see one in a store.

Reaction score
Captain_Piet said:
Have yet to see this.
Neither have I, and frankly it's a bit frustrating. Have we had any NJ sightings?

Reaction score
I'm in the center of the country and have yet to see or even hear about a Y-Wing being found in Targets. I found mine - oddly enough - at one of the most poorly stocked TRU stores in America. It's the only "new" thing they've gotten in in weeks other than the new TIE Interceptor. I guess they're just on the list for ships.