Y-Wing Bomber v2

Reaction score
So what's the deal with this thing? Why does the original Y-wing look like it's been stripped by theives in comparison? I guess what I'm asking is, what happened between the clone wars and the original trilogy?

Reaction score
"When Joe Johnston refined the Colin Cantwell and Ralph McQuarrie Rebel Alliance Y-wing designs for construction into a visual effects model for Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, he posited that the starship was once a sleek vessel that was chopped and stripped like a hot rod by Rebel Alliance technicians. The BTL-B is apparently the stock version of the "stripped-down" Rebel ships."

Wookieepedia is your friend.

Reaction score
I found this yesterday at a local Fred Meyers. At first I actually just saw the ARC Fighter up on a top shelf, and thought "surely it can't be behind it." But to my surprise it was!

Really pleased with this vehicle. Although, I'm a little confused why they molded the landing gears in yellow plastic. Maybe I'll paint them a bit.

To solve the issue with the Clone Wars R2 units sinking in the droid slot, I put a Lego 2 x 4 plate underneath the figure. It works perfectly, and once you put the lid piece over the droid it holds everything in place very snug, so the Lego piece doesn't slide around when moving the ship.

Reaction score
Received my Y-Wing today from Delta Leader for a unbeatable price. So low I'd have to kill you if I told you.

Anyways this is one of the best ships to make it's way to market for years. The AT-ST will be right up there! Unless someone beats me to it I think we need a pic showing the 2 ships (old and new Y-Wings) standing side by side. If I have time I'll get a few up!!

G

Turbowars said:
Received my Y-Wing today from Delta Leader for a unbeatable price. So low I'd have to kill you if I told you.

Anyways this is one of the best ships to make it's way to market for years. The AT-ST will be right up there! Unless someone beats me to it I think we need a pic showing the 2 ships (old and new Y-Wings) standing side by side. If I have time I'll get a few up!!
$40 shipped boxed, $35 shipped loose.

Reaction score
Yeah something like that.........I was barley able to get enough allowance from my mom and dad to buy it.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Turbowars said:

How do I get in on that deal?

Reaction score
From BanthaSkull:

QUESTION: A forum member and card carrying member of the "Collect Them All Club" snapped THIS PICTURE AT TOYS R US. [In case the pic is lost to the ether, the pic was taken at a Toys R Us, and shows the new "Imperial" ARC-170 for $79.99 on a shelf above the old TRU exclusive "Wampa" ARC-170 for $44.99.]

Although we were aware of the impending price hike, seeing the two ARCs share shelf space provided clarity. We understand you don't set prices, but you certainly have your own MSRP. Target sells the same ship for $64.99, but even at that price, this wide-release is still $20 above its normally premium-priced store exclusive brother, which is still on the shelves at TRU months after release. Previous versions of the ARC retailed for as low as $29.99.

If this vehicle was rushed to market to keep shelf space available for the upcoming Y-Wing, will we ever see the Y-Wing if unsold ARCs are taking up all the shelf space?

ANSWER: You are correct in that we do not set retail prices and cannot comment on any particular store's sales price. What they choose to retail anything for is up to the individual retailer. In addition, the volatlity over the past couple of years have severely challenged our ability to deliver near the same prices as even as recently as year ago, so fans should understand that such a situation is not our intention at all when we re-release some of our best ships. Essentially what you have outlined is basically the issue at hand. The ARC-170 was added to the assortment to hold the shelf space until the Y-Wing was ready to go since it was trailing behind. If it does not sell-through, then the Y-Wing stands a risk of not getting out there in significant numbers. We do know that some Y-Wings will be hitting soon, so keep an eye out.

At least Hasbro can acknowledge the darn arc-170 is road blocking the Y-Wing. Isn't the case with the y-wing include 1 y-wing and 1 arc-170? So more waste of shelf space vehicles are on the way?

Reaction score
I actually saw the Wampa & Imperial ARCs at my local TRU, and the first thing I thought of was how incredibly easy it would be to buy them both, switch the boxes and then return the Wampa ARC in the Imperial box.

I already own the wampa ARC, and prefer it to the other colors anyway.

Reaction score
jodokast421 said:
so is he saying that the y wing migfht become hard yo get or rare down the road?
I don't think so. I mean Hasbro has made the ships already and doubt they are still in China being built. What might happen is to our benefit, The ARC's are blocking the Y-Wings and since they are priced too high they will sit. By the time the ARC's move the ships will be clearanced at stores like Target and WM. TRU is run by morons so that wont happen there.

Question for you all CW Freaks, I don't watch the Cartoon, but are there any other Colored Y-Wings in the show? If so I bet Hasbro will rehash this awesome ship to death. I really would had liked Hasbro to design the OT version right along side the CW version. Would love a OT version the size of the CW ship.

Reaction score
Turbowars said:
jodokast421 said:
so is he saying that the y wing migfht become hard yo get or rare down the road?
I don't think so. I mean Hasbro has made the ships already and doubt they are still in China being built. What might happen is to our benefit, The ARC's are blocking the Y-Wings and since they are priced too high they will sit. By the time the ARC's move the ships will be clearanced at stores like Target and WM. TRU is run by morons so that wont happen there.

Question for you all CW Freaks, I don't watch the Cartoon, but are there any other Colored Y-Wings in the show? If so I bet Hasbro will rehash this awesome ship to death. I really would had liked Hasbro to design the OT version right along side the CW version. Would love a OT version the size of the CW ship.
The only Y-Wings we've seen in CW so far is the white and yellow ones which Hasbro has released. I think as time goes by, Hasbro will insist to the producers of CW to put in other colored versions like Red/White (a CW Red Jammer?) or Blue/White. It's only a matter of time before we see this. Also, it would not surprise me if we don't see this mold of the Y-Wing Bomber used for an EU version with Rebel Alliance insignia. Also, I think its only a matter of time before Hasbro does a scaled up OT Y-Wing fighter that's in the same league as the CW Y-Wing bomber.

Reaction score
jodokast421 said:
it would not surprise me if we don't see this mold of the Y-Wing Bomber used for an EU version with Rebel Alliance insignia. Also, I think its only a matter of time before Hasbro does a scaled up OT Y-Wing fighter that's in the same league as the CW Y-Wing bomber.
I hate to say it, but those are two repaints I'll shamelessly buy in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
2E151 said:
I hate to say it, but those are two repaints I'll shamelessly buy in a heartbeat.
Me to, brother. Any Y-Wing they make is a Y-Wing for me. It is my all time favorite Star Wars vehicle.

Reaction score
Mrtankengine said:
Anakin's Y-wing was different than the rest of his squads.
I would assume the first repaint we'll see will be the Clone pilots versions we see in that pic. I totally forgot about this. I thought Anakin and his entire Shadow squadron were flying birds in the same color scheme. Well, I just bought another Y-Wing yesterday so I'm now up to two. I plan to put my two Clone pilots from BLUE SCAR squadron from the Evolutions pack in it. Or I may just wait for a couple of Matchstick figures. Right now as I write this, Adult Swim is playing the CW episode with the Y-Wing Bombers. Cool!

Reaction score
"BTL-Bs were subsequently issued to Blue and Red, and were repainted with their respective squadron's colors. Gold Squadron also was issued Y-wings"

^ from Wookieepedia

Personally, I would prefer red over all the other colors, just cuz all my other Republic vehicles are red & white.

Reaction score
The "caps" on the engines are different colors, as well as the chassis. Basically they flip flopped the yellow and the white on Anakin's and the rest of Shadow Squadron.

I'm not sure if this particular Y-Wing is supposed to be a Shadow Squadron Y-Wing, because if it is....it's inaccurate.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Turbowars said:

My son loves this ship. But, not for $65. Where is this deal? And is it still available??

Reaction score
Mrtankengine said:
Anakin's Y-wing was different than the rest of his squads.
Huh. I would totally love a full-sized desktop wallpaper of that shot.

Reaction score
zipbags said:
wiiwhitey said:
Turbowars said:

My son loves this ship. But, not for $65. Where is this deal? And is it still available??
It was in the classified sections. But the seller only had a few. He's sold out.

Saw one at TRU and laughed out load at the $79.99 price tag. That's absolutely absurd! Hasbro and TRU didn't even offer lub with purchase.

Reaction score
jrice73 said:
I think its only a matter of time before Hasbro does a scaled up OT Y-Wing fighter that's in the same league as the CW Y-Wing bomber.
Already confirmed in a recent Q&A. It's coming next year.

Edit: Scratch that - I'm remembering things with rose tinted glasses again. It's an update but it may not necesarily be the big OT Y-Wing equivalnt of the CW release. Check on the link above for details if you didn't already know.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks to a call from Phantomrs, was able to nab one at TRU today for 69.99. Sure it is $5 more than Target or WM but I am done searching for it...

Reaction score
Lifeinabox said:
Mosep said:
There is a $5 off $50 order that almost covers shipping. I don't think there is a coupon code as the discount showed up in my cart.
Didn't work for me.I just tried it and it was full price.I ma not too worried though.

Rup

Reaction score
Just ordered this from Target too - also no $5 discount, but that's fine for me - still going to be cheaper than buying from any other online retailer.

Reaction score
The link above did not work to get me a $5.00 discount. But the following did get me the discount.

Make sure your clear your shopping cart and close other browser windows first.

1. Go to http://www.couponalbum.com/coupons/target.htm
2. Click on the link $5 off $50 link right at the top (Expires Sep 30)
3. Search for Y-Wing + add to cart.
4. Checkout, coupon will show in the checkout process. (You can cancel before it charges you if it does not.)

Reaction score
Now I want them to make a Y-wing in the deco of Ahsoka's and the rest of gold squadron.

*Just noticed I made Admiral. I'll try to live up to the rank

Reaction score
They're out nof stock now, but I did manage to get one
The link two posts above works for a $5 discount. Thanx firefox91

firefox91 said:
The link above did not work to get me a $5.00 discount. But the following did get me the discount.

4. Checkout, coupon will show in the checkout process. (You can cancel before it charges you if it does not.)

Reaction score
firefox91 said:

Yes, that's how I got it. Thanks for sharing the info.