Y-Wing Bomber v2

GNT

Reaction score
Since the first thread is reaching the limit please continue on here in this thread.

Source: The Clone Wars
Year: 2009
Retail: $64.99
Assortment Number: 91378/91350
UPC Number: 6 56569 43597 6
Weapons and Accessories:

Firing Missile Launchers
6 Proton Torpedoes
2 Proton Bombs
Folding Landing Gear
Opening Canopy
Opening Turret Station
Opening Droid Socket
Removable Engines
Diorama Insert

For more wonderful images of this vehicle please click the image to the left!

Armed with cannons, long-range missiles, torpedoes and bombs, the Y-Wing Bomber is one of the Republic's primary combat vessels. Clone Troopers and Jedi both pilot this vessel on assault and reconnaissance missions. A gunner sitting in the bubble-domed turret can blast attacking ships approaching from behind, while the pilot can fire forward-mounted cannons and torpedoes at enemy vessels up ahead. Y-Wing Bombers see action fromt he first days of the Clone Wars and help destroy the deadly new Separatist vessel Malevolence.

The Y-Wing Bomber is a whopping 27" long, includes room for 3 action figures, study landing gear, and comes armed with 6 missiles and 2 bombs that are all activated with various buttons hidden on the surface of the ship.

So thoughts on the Y-Wing Bomber? If you've picked it up please let us know all about of it.

Reaction score
Fond this bad boy this morning at Target.This thing is cool.I haven't taken it out of the box yet but from those pick the y-wing is big.It's even longer then the ARC 170!!!

Reaction score
Is the landing gear really that shallow? The Y-Wing looks like its sitting on its belly in those pictures.

Either way its still a great looking toy. It will be under the Christmas tree this year.

Reaction score
The "sturdy" landing gear....I thought I corrected that...can be seen here:

I guess I left them up in the group shots...ah well.

Reaction score
Great pics as always Curto. I cannot wait to get this beast of a ship. It's too bad that all those ARC-170s are blocking the shelf for them.

Reaction score
This ship looks great! At $64 though, it won't be an instant purchase. I will have to work up to it

Reaction score
I'm working up to it right now so it WILL be an instant purchase.

Reaction score
Just picked one up tonight at Wal-Mart in SoCal. It's pretty freakin' sweet!

Reaction score
Just picked this up today @ Wally and I have to say it is amazing! Its HUGE! I even think its worth the high price as it has so many things going on with it. I loved the OG one but this once can stand on its own (in more ways than one).

Love the droid socket... another thing it has over the "Y-Chopper".

Reaction score
The Y-Wing's always been a favorite of mine. Couldn't resist picking this one up. I just hope that Hasbro will one day do the Original Trilogy Y-Wing some justice. Just can't stand looking at that midget compared to this beauty! Glad I NEVER picked up any of the previous Y-Wings!

Like how the pilot sits instead of lying down; can even hold onto the controls!

Reaction score
All of the Targets around me have 3 ARC-170s on the shelf and are totally preventing the Y-Wing from hitting here. So it may be some time before I see it. Maybe parents will buy them up during the x-mas season to free up some space.

Reaction score
I saw it in Target this afternoon. I had to pass because I already had spent so much on all the Walmart exclusives the past few weeks (ie. the Droid factory sets, Evolution sets and Clone wars 2 pks). I will be getting it though.

Reaction score
Great pics TK 0083. Oddball is my favorite pilot figure ever, and I have 4 of them waiting for the Fighter Tank and Y-Wing.

It's nice to see that Hasbro is giving realistic controls to their ships lately.

Reaction score
jedisquared said:
Love the pics...anybody know the Target DPCI# on this bad bay yet?
Yes. It's the same as the Imperial ARC-170:

087-06-0324

Reaction score
I picked this up last nite and used my clone cash.It is a really nice ship well worth the money.

Reaction score
I was going to try the old hide the 2 Arcs that are on the shelf and have them check in the back but I ran the dpci code and it says there are none in the stockroom. I'm beginning to hate the ARC more and more as it blocks the mighty y-wing from landing in my local stores.

Reaction score
Picked this up today at Wal-mart and I'm quite pleased with it. The firing proton torpedos are probably Hasbro's best "play" addition in years. This should be standard on Alliance SW toys.

The only disappointment I have is the fact that the cockpit is much too small to consider seating any Non CW figures. Though I expected as much, it was nevertheless a huge bummer.

Reaction score
molleking said:
Are there any comparison pics with the OTC-style Y-Wing?
I have not forgotten about this....I just haven't found the old one yet! It's in a box somewhere....

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:
I have not forgotten about this....I just haven't found the old one yet! It's in a box somewhere....
I'd love to see that vault, must be like the Indy scene with the hangar and all those Hasbro boxes of goodies.

G

JoeRhyno said:
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:
I'd love to see that vault, must be like the Indy scene with the hangar and all those Hasbro boxes of goodies.
Yeah curto, everyone would love to see your collection!

Reaction score
Its quite larger than the OTC version, I compared them today when I got home from the store. But its not too much larger, the extra body panels make it seem twice the size

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
JoeRhyno said:
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:
My collection is not that impressive at the moment, since almost everything is in boxes as I am cleaning up and trying to "de-clutter" my life more.

Yes, it DOES look like an Indiana Jones movie...but not just Hasbro stuff. There's a ton of comic books, super-hero toys, statues, artwork, and I actually had boxes full of ---(wait for it)---empty boxes!

I have since discarded a lot of old packaging (does anyone really need 237 plastic bubbles? REALLY?) and it's getting under control a bit more.

I am SO glad I don't collect the large-scale high-end stuff....where would I put it???

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
wiiwhitey said:
JoeRhyno said:
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:
My collection is not that impressive at the moment, since almost everything is in boxes as I am cleaning up and trying to "de-clutter" my life more.

Yes, it DOES look like an Indiana Jones movie...but not just Hasbro stuff. There's a ton of comic books, super-hero toys, statues, artwork, and I actually had boxes full of ---(wait for it)---empty boxes!

I have since discarded a lot of old packaging (does anyone really need 237 plastic bubbles? REALLY?) and it's getting under control a bit more.

I am SO glad I don't collect the large-scale high-end stuff....where would I put it???
Something tells me you would somehow find the room Curto.

Reaction score
Haloid1177 said:
Mr Curto said:
wiiwhitey said:
JoeRhyno said:
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:

The next question would be.. where do you find a blue tarp/sheet that big for those photos, lol.

Reaction score
JoeRhyno said:
Haloid1177 said:
Mr Curto said:
wiiwhitey said:
JoeRhyno said:
Mr Curto said:
molleking said:

The next question would be.. where do you find a blue tarp/sheet that big for those photos, lol.
I also have faith that Curto would find a way.

Reaction score
2E151 said:
The only disappointment I have is the fact that the cockpit is much too small to consider seating any Non CW figures.
What? Aren't the CW figures the same scale/size as the realistic line? It's not possbile to put, say a Clone V-Wing Pilot, or the smaller VOTC Luke-based Rebel Pilot body?

Reaction score
This is not true. I had no problem fitting in Evolutions Anakin Skywalker into the cockpit....and that's a pretty big figure.

Also, the new Clone Pilot from the battle pack fit in as well. See the bottom of the Photo Archive page for pictures:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TCWvehYwingBomber.asp

Reaction score
I checked the Target website to see if the Y-Wing was in stock at any of the local stores and the site showed that it was. Called my local Target to confirm the new Y-Wing was in stock and was on the floor using the DCPI and specified I was looking for the HASBRO Y-Wing bomber. I was told yes by an associate, so I was pretty excited.

On my lunch break I headed over. On my way there I was hit by a city bus while I was at a stop sign (the bus hit the back driver's side rear panel with a protruding bike rack on thre front of the vehicle)
. I was pretty bummed, but not as bad as I would've because I knew I was going to score a Y-Wing.

When I got to Target, the only Y-wing was the Lego version on an endcap. I went to customer service and an associate and I went to the toy section. The associte using the DCPI, directed me to the ARC-170. I wasn't happy. The only reason why I was where I was when my car was hit by the bus was because the Target associate I spoke to stated that the item I was looking for was in stock
I asked for the manager hoping they'd be kind enough to pull from the back for me since they misinformed me and played a contributing role to my car being hit by the bus. I couldn't wait for the LOD (who was busy), so I had to headed back to work.

I later called the LOD and asked her to look up the item using the UPC code I had seen in a Rebelscum thread. The LOD stated that the UPC code I had given her told her that the item was not being stocked in her store. I then called another store using the UPC code and was told the same thing. I used this UPC: 656569435976 ( it's at the beginning of this thread). Has any one else used this UPC and been told the same thing, that the item is not going to be stocked by their local store? I also think having the same DCPI for two very different items is pretty lame too

One thing about the incident I did find amusing was when I spoke to the LOD over the phone after I left the store. I said to her that I wasn't happy because I had called earlier to find out if the item was on the floor because I know Target won't pull items from the back. The LOD stated that Target HAS NO PROBLEMS PULLING ITEMS FOR CUSTOMERS and she would've gladly done so if the item were in back (I had to hold back my sarcastic rsponse). That's the first time I've heard that, I've always experienced the opposite which is why I called in the first place before I headed over to the store. I will definatley will remember her name if I need help in the future.

Reaction score
Picked this bad boy up last night at WM for $35, on clearance. Keep a look out if your WM has reduced it's toy department because while they may have ordered the deluxe vehicles a while ago, they now no longer have room and they go straight to clearance.

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
This is not true. I had no problem fitting in Evolutions Anakin Skywalker into the cockpit....and that's a pretty big figure.
I stand corrected
Guess I was rushing before work; I also didn't realize you had to lift the droid socket cover. I'll post a pic of it beside my OTC one was pittance

Reaction score
soulydyes said:
I asked for the manager hoping they'd be kind enough to pull from the back for me since they misinformed me and played a contributing role to my car being hit by the bus.
That is pretty rough about your car, but saying that Target had a contributing role in your car accident is a pretty ridiculous statement to make. Did you actually tell them that? You can't hold someone accountable for "what if" situations. That employee likely just told you what the computer said because it is the tool they use. They didn't know about the same DPCI for both vehicles nor should they be expected to. We spend our time finding all these tidbits because we are obsessed over this stuff. To them, it is just box on the shelf.

Anyway, I am still looking for this thing myself. I keep hitting Targets but coming up with nothing. The good news is that the ARCs are not clogging the shelves as much as I would have expected. All the stores have none in the stockroom (according to the scanner) and between 1 and 3 on the shelf at each store. I feared having just piles of them around before they started putting out the cases with the Y-Wings. I have my wife hunting as well. Sooner or later we are going to get this thing. I hope so because I already have my crew for it ready to go.

Reaction score
Thought I saw this across the aisle at an endcap. Ran over to it and it was the lego version..

S'okay though, cuz right under it was the Octuptarra droid.

Reaction score
That thing is MUCH bigger than I initially thought. I am going to have to give it its own shelf.