XBOX News

Reaction score
Red Dead Redemption is coming to backwards compatability on Friday. One of my top three all time favorite games.
I've actually been thinking of playing that again this summer, so this is great news.

Reaction score
Best Buy is offering $125 trade-in for an XBOX One. I'm taking mine after I get everything transferred over. I don't think I can get much better than that.

Reaction score
Nothing mind blowing. Did love the total Xbox backwards compability coming soon. OG XB games here we come. Forza looked amazing. Not sure if I'll upgrade to a Xbox One X 1X 1

Reaction score
no VR? blah. System sounds good but it isn't enough of an update for me to buy. I'm a pretty casual gamer, so this probably isn't really aimed at me.

Reaction score
I hold on to most of my games and systems, and they take up the whole walk in closet. the one major game i need compatible is Rogue Trooper. a damn fine game. they released it for wii much later on, but i hate controlling ti with motion control gimmick :(

Reaction score
Same here, I'm at 90GB's and afraid that it will be full with the next game. I've been eyeing the Xbox one by Seagate just to avoid any compatibility issues, but it seems you're paying for the name. As you can get one about half that price. So I've been comparing the WD easy store from BB. Not really sure about brands I've never heard of, but HD's can't be to complicated now days.

Reaction score
I've been using a 4T WD for years, no issues with it at all.
I think either would be fine, so long as they use AC power and not power from the console.

Just saw Best Buy has an 8T on sale for $179, normally $300. I would have jumped on that if I didn't already have one.

Reaction score
What's wrong with drawing power from the Console? My power strip is maxed out as it is, so i wasn't looking forward to adding another unit that requires power.

Reaction score
From what I understand.....and I'm definitely not a computer guy mind you...but the powered drives have a larger internal disk, and they run at a faster speed. I have no idea if you would ever notice the difference if you were playing a game directly off your drive or not, but that was enough reason for me.

Reaction score
Got me a WD 4TB drive this weekend and have transferred everything over. Now to wait for the X1 to be unleashed!

Reaction score
Xbox Live is selling the digital version of Elder Scrolls Online for $10. It's just the base game, but there is a ton of content in there for a great price. Bought it today just to have it digitally and not to have to fool with the disc.
I didn't care much for ESO when it first came out, but they fixed everything that people had issues with, and now it is awesome. I put a ton of time into it, just playing it as a single player game.

Reaction score
Shadow Warrior is free this month with Xbox Live Gold.
It's a great, mindless shooter/slasher, well worth your time if you haven't tried it yet. The dialogue is just hilarious, but you definitely don't want to play it around kids.
I already have it on disc, but I downloaded it again to have it digitally and to have an excuse to play it again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So a new Halo, Gears & Forza.

Although, great, I really wasn't blown away by their press conference.

Most of the games shown were not even exclusive.

Reaction score
Apparently word is MS is looking to the next Gen. Yeah they’ll still pump out games, but they are basically taking the loss this Gen and looking to the future...

Reaction score