XBOX News

Rod

Reaction score
Got a question..... I know 360 games won't work on the X1 but what about content I downloaded on my 360 like arcade games and such. Will I be able to redownload them if I get an XBOX One?

Reaction score
Finally added an external driver (1T) B) to my X1. SUPER easy to do and it cost me less than $40.

I transferred all my disc-based games to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do you mind if I ask the brand? I'd rather do that, than hunt around and re-buy another console just for a 1TB HD. I know MS can be a little picky sometimes, about what their consoles are compatible with.

Reaction score
Got a question..... I know 360 games won't work on the X1 but what about content I downloaded on my 360 like arcade games and such. Will I be able to redownload them if I get an XBOX One?
I am pretty sure No, I was actually curious about this myself because I had Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, both TMNT arcade games and the X-Men Arcade game.

Reaction score
Reaction score
How do you have it connected? You install it into the system? (which would be hard if its running on its own pwr supply) or you connect via USB? (If so, how?)

It's a stand alone box that just plugs in with a USB cable.
Really easy to set up too. You just plug it in, let it format for a minute and then you're done.
Then you'll be able to move your games to the external drive if you want, and also choose where you want new games to be installed.
I have the majority of my games on the external drive, but I have a few that I have been playing recently on the internal. Thats because I move my console downstairs sometimes, and can just unplug the external drive and leave it where it is.

Reaction score
I bought my kids an Xbox one for Christmas and it wont update. Anyone else run into this? I've all the troubleshooting with the exception of the Microsoft Diagonostic thing it wants me to try. It think it's bs it wants me to do this on a brand new system (and on Christmas day no less). Anyone tried it? Does it work?

Reaction score
Yeah, they all have that update when you first start them up. It shouldn't take long. Even on my super slower internet service, it was fairly quick. Just make sure you its recognizing your internet service.
To get it going you may have to try a hard reboot: Press and hold the Xbox Logo on the console to power it down. Should clear up any issues you have now and it the future.
Get used to doing that.....I seem to have to do it quite a bit.

Reaction score
Never mind.....it isn't your console.
Xbox Live and Playstation Network were hacked again, so you're not going to be able to download your update.
Hopefully it won't be down long.

Reaction score
Looks like both networks are still down.

And THIS is why having to update or even connect your system even once to the internet is a dumb idea.

Reaction score
I will never understand people who do this type of stuff. Is it really that enjoyable to affect Millions of innocent Consumers? Even if their only goal was to hurt Microsoft or PSN (companies), it's always the consumer who gets hurt worse!
Hacking these companies must be worth so much bragging rights, to their 5 friends they can actually share it with. Because to everyone else, they're just D-BAGS!

Reaction score
Got Xbox One for Christmas. Shadow of Mordor is awesome but I'm really impressed with AC IV: Black Flag.

Reaction score
Not really Xbox news, but VG news overall. At least for anyone who buys them from Kmart, or used to. Because I heard that they were no longer going to carry VG's or the accessories. Not that it matters to me, because I haven't bought one from them in a long time. Specifically because it takes them a week or more to get in new releases.

But I can see it bothering other people who do/did. IMO, it's just another nail in the coffin of brick & mortar retail losing the battle with online services.

Now, this may not mean every store will stop. As my news only pertained to a local one, and th reason for it. But based on that reason, I would imagine every store will stop selling VG's.

Reaction score
Just saw this on CheapA--Gamer this morning,
Great price if you were looking to pick up an Xbox One:
Assassin's Creed bundle with physical copy of Wolfenstein and an extra controller for $349

Amazon.com: Amazon.com Xbox One Value Bundle: Video Games

That Assassins Creed bundle comes with digital copies of both Unity and Black Flag, so thats a total of 3 games you're getting, plus a $60 second controller....
....tempting to pick up as a second console.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup, saw that earlier. Signing up on payday. Awesome deal.

I got an Xbox One a week ago. I also have PS4. First time I've owned both major consoles at one time since the PS1/Nintendo 64 days. Liking it a lot so far. I got it so I'd be covered on both systems' exclusives. Picked up Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Killer Instinct. Having a blast with both, especially MCC.

Gamertag is Nightwing77780 if anyone wants to add me.

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had GCU for over a year now, and have saved a load of money.
My new game purchases are done at Best Buy and Best Buy only! ....and remember, the 20% comes off ANY new game, including sale games, and collectors edition too. Thats where the savings really start to add up. I think I saved $40 on the Batman CE alone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw on CAG today that the season pass for Titanfall is free.
I believe on the 360 you have to click on each individual map pack, but on the One and PC you can DL the Pass itself. Might just be for today, since its the one year anniversary, so I did it right away.

Edit-Nope, 360 is the same just DL the season pass and then you're good. Then I guess DL the map packs as you need them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, from what I've heard over at CAG, there hasn't been any problem getting into games on the One.
This will only make it better.
My progress had been on the 360, but I think I'm going to start over again on the One.

Reaction score
Picked it up for $23 after signing up for Gamers Club at Best Buy today. Wanted to install it and get all the updates done today and have it ready for the weekend because that takes forever on Xbox One, but I just didn't have the time.

Reaction score
Not as bad as I was expecting. I didn't have my copy installed yet either.
The update was only about 5 G, and the map packs were rather small too, I just set everything to dl overnight, and it was done it the morning.

One important thing---you know the install trick right? Always switch the console to 'offline' when installing from a disc.
Get the disc installed, then swtich back to 'online' and start the game to get the update going. Otherwise the Xbox will dl the update while the disc is installing at the same time and it will take FOREVER.

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Didn't think of that. It's too late to do it for Titanfalll (which actually didn't take very long surprisingly) but I'll be sure to try it next time.

Didn't have much time to play today. Finished up the training, but even that little bit was enough to get me hyped to play. Should be able to put some decent time into it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's cool, I've been wanting to get Devil's Cartel!

Just out of curiosity, does this go for Xbox One too. Or are those separate freebies?

Reaction score
That's cool, I've been wanting to get Devil's Cartel!

Just out of curiosity, does this go for Xbox One too. Or are those separate freebies?

They are only good for the stated system.
What I didn:'t know was that even if you don't have Xbox one you can still get the free game.

Reaction score
EA Access now has NHL 15 available in the vault.
Which is great news, even though I already own it.
I won't need to put the disc in anymore, I can just play it straight from the drive like I would if I owned it digitally.

It may not seem like a big deal, but with the playoffs starting this week, I would probably be playing it more, and its nice to not have to get up and swap discs.

Reaction score
Codes for Halo 3: ODST went out on Friday for those who qualified for the free bonus. If you don't qualify, and still want it, it is available to purchase for $5.

I believe it was free to anyone who played MCC within the first month it was out, or something like that.

Reaction score
So today a leak of release dates for Forza 6 and The new Tomb Raider occurred. Sept 18 for Forza and Nov 13th for TR. both Friday's it looks like. There are a few games this Fall Doug the Friday release...