X-Wing Pilot Asty

Reaction score
He's currently available on Walmart.com if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
I'm pretty bummed, because I FINALLY found him at Target in south Corona last night, but both figures they had suffered from very poor paint app. I don't mind the solid visor, but both had yellow paint spilling onto his snout and one had an arm with odd speckling of orange paint chipped away.

really dig this guy and hope to find some better painted ones.

Reaction score
Finally got him. My patience paid off. 20% off at TRU brings it down to just over $7
Which is sad, because they were $7.99 when Force Friday hit, and then they jacked the price up another dollar.

Guess that means Walmart is my go-to store now at $6.94 a figure.

Reaction score
Just got him, and he's cool. Except the back of his helmet is totally white. Which i'm not sure is normal.

Reaction score
You don't like how "less detail" a figure is then why the hell did YOU buy it in the first place?

So ungrateful some of you people are.

You're welcome to go make a better action figure toy yourself.

Reaction score
You don't like how "less detail" a figure is then why the hell did YOU buy it in the first place?

So ungrateful some of you people are.

You're welcome to go make a better action figure toy yourself.
Chill out, dude. People are allowed to have opinions on the things they buy.
Not everything has to come down to you berating people over toys.

Reaction score
Hope they scale down the 6" version and make 3.75 acceptable articulation, with separate straps. Otherwise, I'll just have to live without Asty.

Reaction score
Or you could make a better action figure toy yourself...so ungrateful ;)

I was planning on picking up one of these when I saw it but, after having seen him several times now I just keep passing. Much like the Poe figure, I think it is that solid yellow visor that kills it for me. It just screams "Fisher Price Action People" when I see it.

Reaction score
Or you could make a better action figure toy yourself...so ungrateful ;)

I was planning on picking up one of these when I saw it but, after having seen him several times now I just keep passing. Much like the Poe figure, I think it is that solid yellow visor that kills it for me. It just screams "Fisher Price Action People" when I see it.

I have to agree, but i succumbed and bought him anyway.

His face initially put me off, because at first glance no one expects an alien to be in a human fighter-pilot uniform, the figure just looks like a human but with a shoddy molded face as if it kind of melted on the production line or as if the factory done a very poor rendition of a human face. I'm guessing anyone not familiar with this character in the movie would definitely be confounded when they see this figure. A little kiddie would be disappointed with this... they would wonder what it is if they decided to look more closely at it, of course until they realize that this is actually another species on the side of the mostly human resistance.

Reaction score
I bought this figure for exactly one reason: Hasbro may be changing how their figure lines operate in the enar future. Yes, they already seem to be under producing, changing practices like the 5 POA most of us aren't big fans of, and their quality control is all over the place. what I'm referring to is with Lucasfilm and Disney more or less announcing a new film every year, past 2020 now, Hasbro will be making new lines every year, and of course slotting in some extras like Rebels or if there is another new TV series etc. With The Black Series 3 3/4" line in limbo (I know it's coming out through Walmart but there's no guarantees they'll keep it), Hasbro is going to be pushing many figures in the main lines all throughout the year. If they divide them, for example TFA will likely be still going strong after the home media release next summer, which also features OT characters and Rebels releases, eventually they'll either run a parallel line or phase in Rogue One releases. My point is, if he lives and has a role in the next main saga film, Asty may get another better figure, but for now, we have no guarantees Hasbro will put their time or money into figure upgrades anytime soon. Collector exclusives can happen, and TBS at Walmart continue for a long time, but with the constant barrage of new media, I don't imagine Hasbro will be dipping into the well like in past years, except maybe 2017, being it's the 40th anniversary of ANH. Not to mention if, much like the thugs with BB-8 or some of the other early figures of this line, if they aren't a major player, an upgrade becomes even more unlikely anytime soon.

Reaction score
I bought this figure for exactly one reason: Hasbro may be changing how their figure lines operate in the enar future. Yes, they already seem to be under producing, changing practices like the 5 POA most of us aren't big fans of, and their quality control is all over the place. what I'm referring to is with Lucasfilm and Disney more or less announcing a new film every year, past 2020 now, Hasbro will be making new lines every year, and of course slotting in some extras like Rebels or if there is another new TV series etc. With The Black Series 3 3/4" line in limbo (I know it's coming out through Walmart but there's no guarantees they'll keep it), Hasbro is going to be pushing many figures in the main lines all throughout the year. If they divide them, for example TFA will likely be still going strong after the home media release next summer, which also features OT characters and Rebels releases, eventually they'll either run a parallel line or phase in Rogue One releases. My point is, if he lives and has a role in the next main saga film, Asty may get another better figure, but for now, we have no guarantees Hasbro will put their time or money into figure upgrades anytime soon. Collector exclusives can happen, and TBS at Walmart continue for a long time, but with the constant barrage of new media, I don't imagine Hasbro will be dipping into the well like in past years, except maybe 2017, being it's the 40th anniversary of ANH. Not to mention if, much like the thugs with BB-8 or some of the other early figures of this line, if they aren't a major player, an upgrade becomes even more unlikely anytime soon.

Agreed. The wiser choice would be to grab them while we can, it seems we can't be sure of the Hasbro strategy these days. In other words, what i garner from all this... get them now while they're available, better to be safe than sorry.

Reaction score
Target in Garland, TX has PZ, Hux, Asty, Snowtrooper, Sarco, Wave 2 Kylo and FO Stormtrooper, BB-8 3-pack, and R2/3PO 2-pack.
N. Garland Ave off of 190 for anyone in the Dallas area. I have all of those so I didn't buy any. They're all still there as of right now.

Reaction score
Man Asty was cool in this film.

Spoiler:  
And by cool, I mean we saw him check in, then we saw him talking for a brief moment, and then he exploded. The only alien pilot besides Nien Numb, and he dies rather quickly.

Reaction score
This movie was all over this species which was uber Star Trek generic. I like how he talked normal and had no alien voice. Pure lame and lazy.

Hello Atsy...Bye Bye Atsy!

Reaction score
I think there was a Bothan in the film, on Hosnian Prime. Might be mistaken but it looked like one.

GNT

Reaction score
Such a wasted character but the character design was pretty sweet.