X-Wing Pilot Asty

Reaction score
Saw him at Kohls as well. Actually very nicely sculpted and painted. Better than Poe. Of course I didn't buy him.

Reaction score
Don't think the guy's head shape really lends itself to a removable helmet. There could be an alternate head but of course they're not going to give you that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Don't think the guy's head shape really lends itself to a removable helmet. There could be an alternate head but of course they're not going to give you that.

There's a 6" version coming that'll almost certainly have a removable helmet.

Reaction score
There's a 6" version coming that'll almost certainly have a removable helmet.
And it'll look like crap too. The narrow opening of the helmet would need to pass over the wider top part of his head.

Reaction score
No, you don't. The less articulation and removable accessories on your figures, the happier you'll be. You just don't realize it yet.
Says Hasbro's VP of Regional Marketing.

EmperorPalpitate, you gave yourself away. Now we'll never trust you...

:sneaky:

Reaction score
The lack of removable helmet is extremely frustrating on this guy, more so than the humans. I can deduce what a human head looks like from the nose up. But this is a fantastic alien design hidden by a molded helmet, which is a real shame.

Reaction score
lol too funny. I also like "kids don't understand articulation, they are confused by it"
And then they flood us with Hero Mashers, articulated figures with lots of ball joints and swappable parts. Hasbro is the lord of doublespeak companies.

Reaction score
The lack of removable helmet is extremely frustrating on this guy, more so than the humans. I can deduce what a human head looks like from the nose up. But this is a fantastic alien design hidden by a molded helmet, which is a real shame.
Agreed. Really hope this guy gets the SA treatment or even just a un-helmeted version. Shame to cover him up.

Reaction score
I haven't seen any clips or trailers of TFA, and don't plan to. Do we know for a fact that this character will ever take his helmet off? Because if not, I don't know why the figure would need to.

Reaction score
Right Stormtrooperfx!! Or better yet, how do we know he's even wearing a helmet? He's an alien, maybe he just looks like that??????? Right? Right?

Reaction score
Right Stormtrooperfx!! Or better yet, how do we know he's even wearing a helmet? He's an alien, maybe he just looks like that??????? Right? Right?
Being serious though, I always wondered if Nien Nunb wore a hat or had strange, leather-like hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Man, this figure has worse paint apps I've ever seen. The orange plastic is showing through the gloves and boots! I had to repaint most of it.

Reaction score
Man, this figure has worse paint apps I've ever seen. The orange plastic is showing through the gloves and boots! I had to repaint most of it.

Man that guy totally rocks. I don't know how they would be able to make a screen-accurate helmet for him (unless his head is squishy and can be shoved into a smaller opening), but I'd be open to an unhelmeted version of him.

Reaction score
Even though its small, I still don't like the Biggs-like checkered pattern on the helmet. Unless its to honor Biggs or something along those lines (which I highly doubt) it seems very unoriginal.

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the Beastie boys reference? This guy's full name is Ello Asty. As in Hello Nasty. The album. Best song from that record? Intergalactic.

Reaction score
Abram's is a Beastie Boys fan. He managed the shoe-horn one of their tracks into Star Trek.

Reaction score
If you like aliens and pilots, Asty fits in fine with his fellow alien pilots. With Cramer's touch ups, he'd fit in even better.

Reaction score
Saw him today at JC Penney and was tempted to get him...but not at $13.99 lol.

Reaction score
I really hate the painted yellow visor on Asty. Same with the Poe Dameron figure. Makes the figure look cheap!

Hasbro really should have given Asty and Poe removable helmets with see through yellow visors just like the pack in x-wing fighter Poe figure.

Reaction score
It's pretty sad seeing him together with the other alien pilots they've released just a handful of years ago. There is such a massive drop in quality!

Reaction score
Just think. When they finally do make an SA X-Wing Poe, we can start the customs in full force! :grin:

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the Beastie boys reference? This guy's full name is Ello Asty. As in Hello Nasty. The album. Best song from that record? Intergalactic.

rumor has it that it has nothing to do with the Beasties at all but is a clever play on word/letters as a nod to JJ's LOST tv show
L - O - S - T
if you were to take his name syllable by syllable

Reaction score
I really don't get the decision to have a solid painted visor. It really goes against the "theme" of Star Wars to eliminate the eyes. George wanted the bad guys to be faceless behind a mask and the heroes to be seen. Eliminating the visible eyes takes away the hero quality as you can't really see their face.

I don't even care about removable helmets that much. How about a glued on transparent visor? Easy fix, would make the figure so much better.

Reaction score
I really don't get the decision to have a solid painted visor. It really goes against the "theme" of Star Wars to eliminate the eyes. George wanted the bad guys to be faceless behind a mask and the heroes to be seen. Eliminating the visible eyes takes away the hero quality as you can't really see their face.
George is no longer with the Force, he sold it! Disney wants to pretty much ignore his ideas going forward it seems. To a larger 88% extent I am very ok with that.

Disney is treating George like sand, his newer ideas are coarse and rough and irritating and they get everywhere.

Reaction score
And I'm fine with leaving George by the way side. It should have happened after Empire honestly. I just happen to agree with the heroes have faces villians are faceless theme. It would help these toys so much if you could see their eyes. The Resistance Trooper has the same issue. Just a faceless boring figure.

Reaction score
Just got this figure today. I really like it and I have no problem with the painted visor. But, then, I love Kenner. Classic Kenner figures like Luke X-Wing and Cloud Car pilot had painted visors. I can still totally understand it's not to everyone's tastes. But I dig it.

GNT

Reaction score
I really hate the painted yellow visor on Asty. Same with the Poe Dameron figure. Makes the figure look cheap!

Hasbro really should have given Asty and Poe removable helmets with see through yellow visors just like the pack in x-wing fighter Poe figure.
Everyone can wait for the SA versions that'll one day be on Walmart toy shelves :)

Reaction score
George is no longer with the Force, he sold it! Disney wants to pretty much ignore his ideas going forward it seems. To a larger 88% extent I am very ok with that.
Maybe so, but Disney owns Marvel. And those characters take of their helmets every twenty minutes...

Reaction score
I think that's what has me the most depressed about this line. I'm not happy at all about the 5 POA, but all these faceless characters. Zuivo with nothing but eyes showing, Poe, Asty, Resistance fighter all have painted visors and / or full face helmets. Even this new Guavian Enforcer figure has a full face helmet. Seeing what little I have about it, the face reminds me more of G1 Shockwave, with just a dot in the middle. Being able to see the eyes of the Hero figures would make a big difference in my opinion.

Reaction score
I think that's what has me the most depressed about this line. I'm not happy at all about the 5 POA, but all these faceless characters. Zuivo with nothing but eyes showing, Poe, Asty, Resistance fighter all have painted visors and / or full face helmets. Even this new Guavian Enforcer figure has a full face helmet. Seeing what little I have about it, the face reminds me more of G1 Shockwave, with just a dot in the middle. Being able to see the eyes of the Hero figures would make a big difference in my opinion.
I know in the Gi Joe line, and I believe in the Star Wars line as well, there have been some quality control issues. These are most noticeable, and it seems most gripe about, offset, messed up eyes and eyebrows. Could this be a reason for the non see through visors?

Reaction score
I know in the Gi Joe line, and I believe in the Star Wars line as well, there have been some quality control issues. These are most noticeable, and it seems most gripe about, offset, messed up eyes and eyebrows. Could this be a reason for the non see through visors?
Good point, but maybe they think its cheaper?

Reaction score
And all the aliens have a mask of some sort....

Reaction score
The non-removable pilot helmets and yellow visors is nothing more than Hasbro cutting corners.

The masked aliens are Jakku designs, which fall in line with their environment. Hopefully we get some other aliens that show some more skin.

Reaction score
Saw him today at JC Penney and was tempted to get him...but not at $13.99 lol.
In Germany, the 5 poa are going for 13.99 Euros, but to here that some places in the US are charging $13.99, I just can't imagine what These places are thinking. Or is this the reaction to only have 1 SW Basic Action figure line as opposed to 2??