X-Wing Pilot Asty

GNT

Reaction score
Nice to finally put a name to this character, this was posted on the front of RS.

Who's picking up this figure? Thoughts on this one?

Reaction score
Another cool looking character - and hopefully one that will get a blue / light gray Resistance X-Wing vehicle to fly in!!!! :D

Reaction score
I will buy this figure. Would much rather his helmet be removable though

Reaction score
Love the design. the flesh mustache reminds me of the dug species somehow.

Reaction score
The character is supposedly designed after the bullfish. I wonder if this specie is from the same planet as Mon Calamaris?

Reaction score
More like hasty... which sounds like a good attribute for a pilot :p

Reaction score
The helmet has got that Biggs design going on. That yellow visor is killing it for me though.

Reaction score
As a pilots fan this has been disappointing, we've had two Rebel (Resistance) Pilots revealed and the figures have been awful. This and the Poe figure would be wonderful if they were super articulated.

Reaction score
This and Sarco Plank.... a pleasant surprise on a Sunday afternoon. I wonder why they weren't in the catalog?

Reaction score
His last name was originally Spumante but I guess they decided to drop it...

Reaction score
I bet Hux is in this assortment as well.
It's looking like Hux will be in the next wave/batch along with Luke, Leia, Han, Snoke, Maz and whatever other characters will fill the remaining spots. And given that there are four main bad guys (Hux, Phasma, Kylo Ren, and Snoke) it makes sense to split them evenly across merch releases.

Reaction score
Looks like a cool new species, and as others have mentioned, I'd rather have a removable helmet instead of the useless buildable accessory. I hate that some Rebels figures lacked removable helmets - its something I hoped wouldn't be carried into TFA...

Reaction score
I always down for a new alien. I might glue a worther's yellow celophane wrapper to the visor though. That visor is really disappointing.

Reaction score
Black and yellow checker pattern and a flesh mustache? Looks like they are playing this film *really* safe and are just rehashing Biggs as an alien. Hm...

Reaction score
Are we sure this is a non removable helmet? Dissapointing if you make an alien figure and you can't see the whole alien's face?! If they think kids don't care about these things think again. My friends and I were as elated as could be in 83 when when we found out Boushh and Skiff Lando had removable helmets. Way to trip and land over 30 years ago.

Reaction score
I wonder if he's the new Wedge.
Anyway, I'm sure the 6" version will have a removable helmet.

Reaction score
Are we sure this is a non removable helmet? Dissapointing if you make an alien figure and you can't see the whole alien's face?! If they think kids don't care about these things think again. My friends and I were as elated as could be in 83 when when we found out Boushh and Skiff Lando had removable helmets. Way to trip and land over 30 years ago.
I always loved the figures with removable helmets like Boushh, Skiff Lando and the Ewoks. It's also another reason why I absolutely loved and still love GI Joe and totally fell in love with M.A.S.K. as a kid. Well the freaking awesome vehicles that transformed and the cool mask powers also helped. LoL

Reaction score
Totally, if they did a test group and the kids favored those nonsensical non-weapons that are non-movie related over removable helmets than I am going to have to have a stern talking with America's youth.

Reaction score
As a pilots fan this has been disappointing, we've had two Rebel (Resistance) Pilots revealed and the figures have been awful. This and the Poe figure would be wonderful if they were super articulated.
Agreed. Easy pass for me.

Reaction score
I'm sick of OT pilots, but I'd be all up for a handful of them from this film... in SA style. But these 5POA versions of Poe and Asty are eyesores.

Reaction score
You can see where the paint bleeds too. Plus, these visors are translucent in all the photos but solid yellow blobs I. The figures. Even 1980s GI Joes could manage translucent plastic (I remember trying to see cobra commanders face on the Orange masked version)

Reaction score
Pilot figures have ALWAYS bored me -- but I feel for you guys that dig 'em. This figure could have been so cool with a removable helmet or one with a much better painted visor at least.

Reaction score
If they have ball joint heads I am getting a few to make pilots and same for the storm troopers, many helmet less troopers.

Reaction score
Hasbro:

Pro-tip: Figures of aliens are not very fun when all you can see is their chin.

=…(

Reaction score
Don't Worry, Hasbro is shocked that the Figure doesn't have a removable helmet, it clearly must be a misscommunication with the factory. Because the protype that they had seen called for the helmet to be removeable. But since there was an embargo on information they were unable to let the factory know exactly what they were making in fear that someone might say something. In true they themselves were not allowed to know what they were making due to the embargo. Most of them believed they were working on a new teletubbie line. They are aslo aware of the painted yellow visors on the pilots and moving foward that will not be an issue. unfortunitly there are no plans right now to revisit these figures at present. You will be glad to know that they are in the offsite parking lot, we all have heard so much about. But you will plesently surprised what they have in store for you coming up. so stay tuned they have big ammouncement coming at NYCC. So stay tuned.

Reaction score

This for all of the whole line.

Reaction score
Did anyone find this figure while out last night or today?

Reaction score
Gotta have that Kohl's cash. Got this guy, Planko and Armor Up Kylo Ren for $21