X-Files (Event Series) figures by Diamond Select

Reaction score
We now have carded images of the X-Files (Event Series) figures by Diamond Select (7 inch). There are basic figures (13.99) and deluxe figures (24.99) - the deluxe figures come with multiple diorama pieces to build the FBI X-Files office.

The last photo I found on the web, which seems to show most of the diorama. I'm seriously considering purchasing these now. The TRU website has the basic figures, but I haven't seen the deluxe figures listed. Has anyone seen these in store?

Reaction score
I've been checking TRU pretty regularly for them since the X-Files mini-mates hit. I can't wait to get them, definitely going the deluxe route.

Reaction score
Ive seen the basic version at TRU, and I'm sorely tempted to get them. Mulder's stubble looks really bad but I could probably touch it up, but Sculpt looks real good!

Reaction score
if I get these it's definitely going to be the deluxe versions as I want the office dio.

Reaction score
Yeah, I definitely want the deluxe versions too. It's kind of odd that the are offering both, but I guess kind of cool. It might make more sense if the two versions were in different outfits maybe.

Reaction score
I'm leaning toward the deluxe sets myself, as it would be cool to have a diorama of that office. The only issue I have is that damn "stubble" on Mulder - it looks like bad hair dye. I wish they could have given the standard head a clean shave and left the stubble on the alternate head with sunglasses. I would have also preferred him in a suit, this one-off outfit just isn't doing much for me. They describe these as Series 1 though, so its possible we'll see them in alternate outfits.

Reaction score
My TRU got in the basic figures...I was soooo tempted to buy them, but really want the deluxe versions. Hoping one of my local comic shops might have them.

Reaction score
I lucked out at my local comic shop today! Really dig these sets a lot. Scully is a little cartoony compared to Mulder (preferred prototype) the, but they both turned out pretty good. I think my wife was almost as excited to get these as I was and she tried to talk me out of the I Want To Believe poster. Glad I waited on the deluxe sets, they really make for a nice display. Here's a few quick shots I took before my camera battery died...

Reaction score
man, it's too bad these weren't 3.75"! Scully would be a great base for Pepper custom!
:'(

Reaction score
I saw these at TRU, but not too impressed with the likenesses. I still have the McF, "Fight The Future" line.

Reaction score
Speaking of the McFarlane X-Files line, how do those figures look with the diorama pieces? I imagine the Diamond figures are a bit larger, but the scale should be similar.

Reaction score
My McFarlane figures are boxed up at the moment, I'll try to dig them out. I really loved those figures at the time, they have great sculpts, just not a lot of articulation. I'd love to see Diamond Select continue this line and give us a classic Mulder and Scully at the least. There's a ton of other characters they could do of course...Smoking Man, Skinner, The Lone Gunmen, Deep Throat, Mr. X, etc.

Reaction score
I received my Diamond Select figures, and the diorama pieces are far too large for the McFarlane figures, so heres hoping that DS releases classic versions of Scully & Mulder as well. I must say, I love these figures, and I'm so happy I purchased them. The only thing I dislike is the ridiculous 5 o'clock shadow on Mulder, so I repainted the standard head and left the scruff on the alternate head. I also thought the floor piece was useless, so I rotated it and used it as a piece of wall instead, giving me a place to hang the poster!

Owning these prompted me to order the McFarlane Flukeman figure, that I never bought when it was released, because it wasn't in scale with the FTF figures. Since these DS figures are larger, I think the Flukeman will finally have a place in my collection.

Reaction score
You just turn it sideways and clip it to the side of the backdrop instead of the bottom, then it gives you a "wall" to attach the poster to as well, creating a back corner for the office diorama. I may expand it and either build / purchase pieces to go with this set. I'd like a scale file cabinet, no idea if something like that exists anywhere though.

By the way, has anyone tried attaching the Mulder head to any other DS figures of the same scale? I saw a Gotham line at TRU, and they look compatible.

Reaction score
As an FYI, Mulder measures in at about 6 inches on the McFarlane scale, while Scully is 5.5 inches tall. In the new DST line, Mulder seems to be about 7 inches and Scully 6.5 (they're both still in the boxes, so I had to eyeball it).

I just got mine (the diorama versions) in from BBTS, where each is priced at $22.99, but you can purchase the pair for $41.99 (plus shipping of course). BBTS doesn't offer the "regular" versions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen the regular versions at my local TRU, though not the deluxe versions.

Reaction score
I was determined to find a compatible body to use for a Mulder custom, assuming they aren't doing anymore X-Files figures - and found this one. Its nearly exact when it comes to height and build. I also repainted the head once again, because the previous version was far too light. I'm happy to have a suited Mulder!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Mulders body is from Jim Gordon, a Gotham line made by DS as well - the cool thing is that he wore a similar grey suit in the Were Monster episode (my favorite from Season 10). If I can find a compatible body, I may attempt a Scully custom. I really hope they give us "classic" (younger) versions of Scully & Mulder too, perhaps when Season 11 arrives!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since I don't have any X-files figures at all, I was tempted to get these new Mulder/Scully figures from the mini-series shown earlier this year. However, the lack of an actual line with at least some of the cool aliens from the original series have turned me off to getting these. I.e., I want to collect an actual X-files line complete with aliens/mutants, not just the two main human characters.

So, am passing on these.

Last edited: