WWE by Mattel

Reaction score
This brings back good memories of the good ol' days with Randy Savage and the Ultimate Warrior! They actually don't look that bad. Pretty good resemblance to the real world wrestlers.

Reaction score
I agree with WF being a nazi board. Alot of people left or demodded because of the foolishness and favoritism that went on over there. Haggar I remember you from your great pic fed days with the TTL figs and primetimejedi I rember your updates. This board here had some promise, but then it kinda died: http://www.pfw2.proboards.com/index.cgi

Anyway, found some Elite 11 but of course nothing I wanted

Reaction score
deskvader1 said:
I agree with WF being a nazi board. Alot of people left or demodded because of the foolishness and favoritism that went on over there. Haggar I remember you from your great pic fed days with the TTL figs and primetimejedi I rember your updates. This board here had some promise, but then it kinda died: http://www.pfw2.proboards.com/index.cgi

Anyway, found some Elite 11 but of course nothing I wanted
Wow, thanks man. I'm happy you enjoyed my old fed...great memory, too...that was like 2002 - 2004, haha.

I'm animating these days at youtube.com/captainmckayrandom - it's under the same name as my figure fed, but doesn't necessarily follow any of the old storylines or anything. I just figured "Hell, I have the name, might as well use it."

So any idea when we might see pictures of a Mattel Bret Hart? I know there's one announced, and I would definitely like to check it out.

Reaction score
By now, I'm sure everyone's seen the Mattel WWE stuff from Comic Con. Some nice figures were shown, my favorites were:

-Defining Moments Bret from the Canadian Stampede PPV
-Legends Macho King, Papa Shango, debut/voicebox Kane, The Rockers, Andre, and POSSIBLY Elizabeth!
-TRU exclusive "Team Bring It" Elite Rock
-the Tribute to the Troops ring and figures
-Elite Del Rio, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Nexus Punk
-Vickie Guerrero, in all her cougar-milf glory
-and a frickin' Gobbely Gooker.

I'm still not clear on what's happening to the Legends line, I THINK it's going to be one or 2 figures thrown into the Elite Assortment, and then other Legends are going to be Mattel web exclusives.

As for recent acquisitions, I picked up the Entrance Greats Undertaker at Marshalls the other day, $9.99. They also had the Rock one. I also found a Legends 3 Hacksaw ($8) at one of those Tuesday Morning Disaster Area stores. What a mess...I searched through all the crap for like 20 minutes to see if they had more Legends (or anything else cool) to no avail. Seems that a bunch of Mattel WWE stuff is hitting the discounters now...good for me, since I missed out on a few things.

Reaction score
Mattel had alot of great WWE figure news come out of SDCC.
What I caught in Tim Ash interview with Bill was that all 17 legends are going to be made. the 5 being voted on will come out on LEGENDS packaging. The others will make there way in other sets such as Elite Flashbacks, etc. Bill also said there are MORE legends that are signed BUT were NOT included to the list. The 17 that were picked are what they feel the fans would love to see on legends packaging.

WELL onto what I got.... my order from Mattel Shop came in the mail yesterday. Got Elite 10 DiBiase, Yoshi Tatsu, Kane, Big Show X2, and Legends Texas Tornado. I need to take pics of my collection BUT I have been either too busy or WAY too lazy to do it.

Reaction score
Target had the remainder of their Legends stock clearanced to $3 and change yesterday. I picked up Bulldog and another Steamboat for a custom. The only others they had were Hacksaw and a ton of Pillmans. They also had a few Entrance Greats HHH and Piper for around $5. If you missed out on any of these guys, now's a good time to hit up Target for some cheap deals.

Reaction score
Recently last weekend I saw a Finlay figure at either Walmart or Kmart where he had that jacket with a shoulder armor piece making him look like a Mad Max character or something. Is that an old figure or a fairly recent new Finlay figure?

Reaction score
That Finlay is from Elite Series 4, it was released about a year ago. Finlay wore that "Mad Max" style jacket during his WCW run (mid-'90s). I don't remember him wearing it in his WWE career.

Reaction score
WWE

Couldn't find a thread in the index... I thought there was one but it doesn't seem to be in the index!

I'm a huge fan of the Mattel WWE figures the recent ones of Eddie Guerrero and Ultimate Warrior are fantastic...

I own an online toy store and if you think Hasbro case assortments are bad, you have no idea compared to Mattell WWE! This year Wave 15 had 1 x Layla, 2 x Kofi, 3 x John Cena, 2 x Wade Barrett, 2 x Brodus Clay, 2 x Kane! Wave 16 had 1 x Ultimate Warrior, 3 x John Cena, 1 x Eddie Guerrero, 3 x Triple H, 3 x Undertaker, 1 x Jack Swagger and Wave 17 which is due this week has 3 x Rey Mysterio, 1 x Dolph Ziggler, 2 x Zack Ryder, 2 x The Miz, 1 x Alex Riley, 3 x Mark Henry.

I have countless John Cena's, you couldn't give them away! the trouble is the ones like Brett Hart and Flashback Shawn Michaels are packed one to a case and probably won't ever see light of day again... I only ever order in two cases of each for the store, three if the case assortment is Rey Mysterio & John Cena free! The trouble is as much as I like to "keep" some of them for myself, they are usually the ones that sell first!

Most of you who frequent these boards are Star Wars fans and are aware of the ongoing Hasbro case assortment issues but really Mattel need to get their act together and stop re-releasing John frikkin Cena in different pants or different coloured sweat bands!

Reaction score
That was interesting to read this post of yours, thank you for telling us all this information about your store, that was curious to find out. Good luck with your store btw:)

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in ages, but some recent pick-ups are: Mattycollector Legends Andre, the SDCC '10 Ministry of Darkness Undertaker, the K-Mart exclusive Tribute to the Troops Rey Rey and Big Show, and I finally, after 2 years or so, broke down and bought the Legends Series 1 Sgt. Slaughter on clearance for $10. Cool figures, all.

Reaction score
saw all the Tribute to the Troop figs at K-mart but passed on all of them. I didpick up the CM Punk?Macho Man set & found a Brett Hart yesterday at Walmart.

Reaction score
I knew there was one somwhere but couldn't find it in the thread index... just the Jakks Pacific one

Reaction score
I also picked up the CM Punk/Macho Man 2 pack the other day after a few weeks of searching, it's pretty cool. The only thing bad is that the boots on Macho are the wrong type, they're too low. I also would've loved if this 2 pack was in the Elite style...they both need that extra articulation.

Reaction score
haven't opened mine yet. I did happen to pick up a Brett Hart at Wal-Mart the other night. Must have just put them out because the entire wae was on the pegs

Reaction score
I finally found an Elite 12 Flashback Kane at Walmart the other day. I was about to give up hope on it, actually. It's nice to get him for $16 when the eBay rates are $20+, even for a loose one, screw that.

Legends DDP goes up for sale at Mattycollector next week...I'll be getting him eventually. I doubt he'll sell out right away, if at all.

Reaction score
we got her all over the place. In fact my boy got one just for Wrestlemania.
Man, must be nice. Women figures get gobbled up quickly around here. Any chance of getting a MOMC one for me? I could reimburse you for it unless you have a trade list somewhere I could peek at. Need a Vickie too, but that's a later hunt. Thoughts?

Reaction score
What happened to the JAKKS thread?

Man, I just found out that JAKKS put out a Shockmaster figure a while ago. I don't really collect WWE figures, but that would be an AWESOME figure to have. Last I checked its going for over 50 bucks on Amazon.

Reaction score
Hey all, I have about 50 (47 I believe) Mattel Legends and ELites (and a handful of basics) and a real scale ring for sale or trade.

Reaction score
The JAKKS WWE thread probably died out since Mattel took over the license a little over 2 years ago. That Shockmaster was cool, but $50? Wow.....he peg-warmed for quite a while around me.

Reaction score
Ordered a DDP today along with the new MOTUC to save on shipping. I hope Andre becomes available again in the future. Missed out on him:'(

Reaction score
Man, must be nice. Women figures get gobbled up quickly around here. Any chance of getting a MOMC one for me? I could reimburse you for it unless you have a trade list somewhere I could peek at. Need a Vickie too, but that's a later hunt. Thoughts?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you....it's been busy and I've been out of town for C2E2. I'll be more than happy to pick up a Layla for you next time I see her. Vicky is all over the place too. The womens just hang around here :)

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you....it's been busy and I've been out of town for C2E2. I'll be more than happy to pick up a Layla for you next time I see her. Vicky is all over the place too. The womens just hang around here :)
Picked up Brotus Clay for myself and a Layla for RHINOMAN if he is still looking for her.

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't posted in here in ages...looks like no one else has, either. Anyway, have gotten a bunch of stuff since last post. The most recent is Elite 15 Yokozuna from K-Mart the other day...great figure, but by it being packed with the robe on, there's some black stains on his arms from the dye they used. Meh...I knew this was a big problem with Jakks using cloth on the figures, but this is my first Mattel with it.

Also finally picked up the Defining Moments Bret Hart and John Cena for $10 each at TJ Maxx the other day. They had tons. Kinda makes sense since these never made it to the Targets, TRUs, and Wal-Marts in my area. 2 great figures, and at $10, you can't go wrong.

Anyone else still collecting?? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the only 4" Triple H figure ever released was the Build N Brawl (3 pack) version? Fancied using the head for a Custom.

Reaction score
Anyone know whats a good toy wwe wrestling championship belt to get for nephews? I dunno if kids are even into the wrestling belts that you would see at Walmart or at Kmart.

Do kids even like the tag team belts or the U.S. title belt?

Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking that the only 4" Triple H figure ever released was the Build N Brawl (3 pack) version? Fancied using the head for a Custom.
I'm pretty sure there was at least one HHH figure single carded in the BNB line (Series 1, I think).

As for the belts, my nephews love them, they have a whole bunch. When I was a kid though, me and my brother used to make our own belts out of cardboard, aluminum foil, and markers, and beat the crap out of each other all over the house and yard.

Reaction score
Well just about 40 minutes ago I went back out to Walmart and bought my nephew the World Heavyweight championshop toy belt.

I swear any wrestling merchandise whether its toy replica champion belts or even the wrestling figures, they're a bit spendy. Kmart is the worst place to try to buy wrestling figures since they're like 20 to 228 bucksd just for one wrestling action figure.

THe new pink trunks Randy savage figure thats in Walmart right now, holy crap its the most beautiful thing ever even if its at 10.99

Reaction score
Picked up series 20 Elite at a local TRU today. Like the job they did on Christian's mesh shirt. Nice assortment.

Reaction score
^ Flashback Christian is one I want. Of course, that'll mean going back and getting Flashback Edge. I also want to pick up Vader, Bulldog, and Pillman since I wasn't collecting WWE stuff at that point.

For anyone interested, I have stop-motion wrestling on my YouTube channel - youtube.com/captainmckayrandom - kids usually love it, but wrestling fans from the Attitude Era tend to enjoy it as well. Check it out if you're interested!

JWF One Night Only (Part 1) - Live From Metro City!