WWE by Mattel

Reaction score
Check out some of your Wal-Marts! One in my neck of the woods is selling their WWE Basic for $6.65!!!

Reaction score

With the WWE Royal Rumble just days away and bigger than ever at 40 men, I think we should take a look back at the first official winner of the event. It's none other than Hacksaw Jim Duggan!

Hacksaw is in Mattel's WWE Legends Wave 3 and is a patriotic American who made "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" a household word. All the wile, kicking Iranian butt (or sometimes partaking in the cannabis with them) and taking names.

He's also one of the few men with the courage to rock a Championship he found in a trash can.

Check out the full review and find out more about Hacksaw Jim Duggan than you ever wanted. That is, if you got the guts, TOUGH GUY...

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Legends Wave 3 Hacksaw Jim Duggan Review

USA! USA! USA!

Reaction score

Some men chose to be good. Others settle for being great. There are even men you can call perfect. But there's only one who's, Wonderful! It's Mr. Wonderful himself, Paul Orndorff! He's part of Mattel's WWE Legends Wave 4 in stores now.

Whether it's rightfully escaping the cage before that no good Hulkster or being inspired by psychics, Paul Orndorff is all man. He's man enough that his little arm is bigger than your big arm.

And if the going gets tough, ol Paul ain't afraid to kick your ass in flip flops! Check out the full review of Mr. Wonderful and I defy you not to get his theme stuck in your head!

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Legends Wave 4 Paul Orndorff Review

WONDERFUL!

Reaction score

Look everybody it's the Moscow Mauler! The big bad WWE wrestler famous for... Well, I have no idea what he's famous for. He's got a belt, so that has to mean something, right?

But is there more to Kozlov than meets the eye? Does he secretly possess the cosmic cube underneath his crazy Russian hat? Does he even really come with that cool Russian hat? Oh my god, you'll have to read the review to find out.

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel WWE Elite Wave 5 Kozlov Review

Spoiler alert: No.

Reaction score

With WrestleMania season in full swing, it's time we take a look back at one of the best matches in the history of the event and one of the Defining Moments of the Ultimate Warrior's career! Yes we're reviewing the brand new Mattel Defining Moments Ultimate Warrior figure.

We break it all down for you, scale, accuracy, paint, articulation and more. Can the Ultimate Warrior defeat his greatest rival yet? A whopping price tag!

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Defining Moments Ultimate Warrior Review

And if you don't check out this review, you shall fall, like the others before, to the power of the Ultimate Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriorrrr!!!!

Reaction score
Very nice review. I'm dying to find that figure. Ultimate Warrior was my all time favorite wrestler and I'm really happy with these new Mattel versions. Never was satisfied with what Jakks offered. Haven't had any luck finding this one yet, or the SummerSlam '88 version.

Reaction score
Word has it that the WWE All-Star 2 packs (Macho/Morrison, Jake/Randy Orton, and SCSA/Punk) are showing up at TRU for $25. I didn't think they'd be out so soon....I need to get these guys.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I saw some of the wave 4 Warrior/Woderful Legends wave today at WM. I wish I would have seen Demolition but someone got them. I don't collect this line, but man I think they are super cool looking....

Reaction score
Finally found the Wrestlemania VII Ultimate Warrior tonight. His has some inaccuracies that bug me due to being a repaint (no tassels on his wrist bands or trunks, wrong hair, boots are the wrong color) but it still works overall and I'm glad to get this outfit, since this is probably my favorite match he ever had. The detail on the duster looks great. Can't wait for the upcoming Wrestelmania VI version.

Reaction score
ODBJBG said:

Some men chose to be good. Others settle for being great. There are even men you can call perfect. But there's only one who's, Wonderful! It's Mr. Wonderful himself, Paul Orndorff! He's part of Mattel's WWE Legends Wave 4 in stores now.

Whether it's rightfully escaping the cage before that no good Hulkster or being inspired by psychics, Paul Orndorff is all man. He's man enough that his little arm is bigger than your big arm.

And if the going gets tough, ol Paul ain't afraid to kick your ass in flip flops! Check out the full review of Mr. Wonderful and I defy you not to get his theme stuck in your head!

Infinite Hollywood: Mattel Legends Wave 4 Paul Orndorff Review

WONDERFUL!
I am curious as to where you got that great looking ring??

Reaction score
I too enjoyed the Classic Superstars line from Jakks but havent bought as many from the Mattel line I have Steamboat, Slaughter and Snuka I wish Hulk Hogan was part of this line

GNT

Reaction score
POTF73 said:
I too enjoyed the Classic Superstars line from Jakks but havent bought as many from the Mattel line I have Steamboat, Slaughter and Snuka I wish Hulk Hogan was part of this line
I don't follow wrestling these days but I think it's TNT or soething like that, they've started to do a classics wrestling line which includes Paul Hogan (Did see a Sting in the 1st wave as well, can't remember who else was in it)

Reaction score
GNT said:
POTF73 said:

I don't follow wrestling these days but I think it's TNT or soething like that, they've started to do a classics wrestling line which includes Paul Hogan (Did see a Sting in the 1st wave as well, can't remember who else was in it)
Wait...what...who??

Actually, that's Jakks' TNA Wrestling Legends of the Ring line. The first (and only, sadly) wave consisted of Sting ('80s/'90s surfer look), an early '80s attire HULK Hogan (from his New Japan Pro Wrestling stint), Kevin Nash (circa late '00s in TNA), Kurt Angle (also late '00s TNA) and a young '80s era Jeff Jarrett. There was supposed to be a great series 2 with Jim Cornette, a long haired Andre, a be-mulleted NWA circa 1990 Scott Steiner, Terry Taylor, and Raven, I believe. They got scrapped as a solo line, but they will be shipping some of these in future waves/cases of the regular TNA Deluxe Impact figures. Raven is the first one to appear in Deluxe Impact series 5, which should be showing up next month. Terry Taylor is in wave 6. These Legends figures fit in perfectly with the Classic Superstars line because they're all in the same "Ruthless Aggression" figure type.

Reaction score
GNT said:
POTF73 said:
Yeah I have A couple Hulk Hogan's from the Jakks TNA line but I was meaning I wish Hulk Hogan was part of the WWE Legends Mattel line

Reaction score
Hey all -

Not "MATTEL" but I think WWE fans would appreciate what I've done here. I promise that you won't regret clicking the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBI819A9yUw

Using the older Jakks Pacific action figures, I put together a match between Bret Hart and Kurt Angle, arguably two of the best wrestlers to never face each other. I hope fans of wrestling can appreciate my video!

As for Mattel (keeping on topic, haha) I have the Wrestlemania Heritage Stone Cold Steve Austin. It's a nice figure, I'm personally waiting for a Bret Hart in the legends line. I'm a big Hitman fan, so it'll be great to see how they do his figure!

Reaction score
^ Why not? Hogan beat Michaels

Haha, but thanks for checking it out man. I appreciate the compliments on the animation, even if stop-motion wrestling matches aren't your thing.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, no disrespect intended. I'm going to show this to my son, because he LOVES action figure matches on youtube.

It really is well done. Good job.

Ian

PS. Hogan beat Michaels with the story Hogan would lose to him in a rematch. It was the only way to get both guys to agree to it - and then Hogan backed out of it. Gotta love the way HBK oversold EVERYTHING Hogan gave him.

Reaction score
^ Ahh, how Very Hogan. Makes a lot of sense now.

I plan to check out your forum as well!

Also, I may pick up a Macho Man figure since finding out the unfortunate news of his passing earlier today. Mattel has a couple nice versions to pick from, from what I gather. The one pictured above is amazing looking.

Reaction score
After hearing the terrible news of Macho Man's passing on Friday, I stopped off at K-Mart on the way home from work and finally picked up the Defining Moments MM figure. Didn't want to wait any longer. It's awesome, one of my favorite Mattel WWE figures so far. I also picked up the DM Ultimate Warrior to complete the WM7 match. I bought him at TRU on Friday when they were having the free Legends 2 pack deal, so I got the Sheik and Volkoff for free. My Mattel WWE collection is steadily growing.

Reaction score
Big Lots had a bunch of Legends series 2 for $8 each. I picked up Rick Rude and the 1991 Snuka. I hope they get in some of the later series, at that price they're a steal.

Reaction score
picked up Legends 5 from mattelshop.com. Then found another Macho Man @ Walmart. There is a list of upcoming Legends that got leaked off computer system for the support for the Mattelshop website,that I didn't believe until I saw a prototype of Arn Anderson on Wrestlingfigs forums (http://wfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=wftmattel&thread=216704&page=1). The list had Arn, Tully Blanchard, Magnum T.A., Papa Shango, Farooq, Junkyard Dog, Diamond Dallas Page,Million Dollar Man,Rikishi,King Kong Bundy and The Honkytonk Man. Mattel already announced Bret Hart was coming and Brooklyn Brawler, Harvey Wippleman and Leapin' Lanny Poffo, (Poffo pm'd me on facebook and said Mattel was making a figure of him),have stated they signed deals with Mattel.

Reaction score
Bret Hart from Mattel?

Looks like I'm buying my second Mattel WWE figure. I've been working on a nice Bret Hart collection for a little while now.

What's your name on WF, by the way? I'm Haggar over there.

Reaction score
PrimetimeJedi said:
picked up Legends 5 from mattelshop.com. Then found another Macho Man @ Walmart. There is a list of upcoming Legends that got leaked off computer system for the support for the Mattelshop website,that I didn't believe until I saw a prototype of Arn Anderson on Wrestlingfigs forums (http://wfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=wftmattel&thread=216704&page=1). The list had Arn, Tully Blanchard, Magnum T.A., Papa Shango, Farooq, Junkyard Dog, Diamond Dallas Page,Million Dollar Man,Rikishi,King Kong Bundy and The Honkytonk Man. Mattel already announced Bret Hart was coming and Brooklyn Brawler, Harvey Wippleman and Leapin' Lanny Poffo, (Poffo pm'd me on facebook and said Mattel was making a figure of him),have stated they signed deals with Mattel.
Those are some good names there but I keep hearing the Legends Line is in danger of being cancelled and that 2 Legends figures will be included in the Elite line, sorta like what Jakks is doing with the LOTR line except for them its only 1 figure in the DI line. I guess that question will be answered at this years SDCC in July.

I am a member over at WF. I am known over there as Huggies. I'm sorta new to that forum.

Reaction score
I am no longer on WF anymore. I deleted my account. First time I was on WF it was from 2001-2009. I deleted that account. Too many "nazi's" ruling the forums. I got tired of being slammed for actual news I was giving them. I had a connection @ jakks and he would tell me who was coming out. Everyone said if RSC didn't post it then it was fake... Well everything I reported came true and still didn't get credit and I left. I got asked to come back and I did in 2010 just in time for the WWE Mattel launch. I grew tired of the political nonsense that was going on so last month I deleted my account again. I rather stick with Star Wars more as WWE isn't the same like I grew up with in the late 70's and 80's. I am more into the legends line. Come SDCC we find out if they are incorporating them into the Elite line or keeping the legends line afloat.

Reaction score
Yeah, that message board is terrible. I've seen the worst grammatical atrocities ever committed on that site. Some of the members post in what seems like "Incredible Hulk" speak. Also, I agree with the Nazi rule comment. Seems like everyone loves to post "this is in the wrong forum" or "no pics no proof" for everything. It must be a bunch of children over there...not to mention all the creepy guys who post tons of Diva pics in their signatures. I never post on there myself, but I still browse it for news or for pics of figures.

BTW....has anyone seen Legends 5 at retail yet? I keep seeing restocks of wave 3 at TRU and Target, but no sign of 5 yet. Wave 4 was also barely around here.

Reaction score
I only go there for updates and figure pics also. I ordered Legends 5 @ http://shop.mattel.com/home/index.jsp EDIT* They HAD all 4 in stock as of last night. Macho Man sold out. I have also found them @ retail too. Walmart had all of them in stock but after Macho Man's death all his figures went quick. Right now I am waiting for Legends 6, Otunga/Tarver, Gabriel/Young 2pks., Elite 9 and 10 to hit Mattel Shop. I had to break down and pay $20 for a Basic Series 9 Natalya. I found series 9 @ retail but with her figure being shortpacked to 1 per case scalpers are grabbing them up.

Reaction score
I agree a lot about WF being too tightly micro-managed by some of these guys policing the forums. It's dumb, in my opinion. But still, I go there to show my animations, talk about the old school BCA line, and do some trading for figures I'd like.

But back on topic - the Mattel line looks nice and all, but aside from a few classics, I don't care for them really. Although, like I said, I will get Bret Hart for my Hitman collection.

Reaction score
Guys, not trying to toot my own horn too much, but if you want a wrestling forum with no 'Nazis', and one that respects the 70's and 80's guys, I run this board. It's a hell of a lot smaller than wf.com, but the members are MUCH friendlier. Our younger members are pretty mature as well. Of course there are rules, but I'd say it's more relaxed than even this board. monstermonkey and a couple of other guys that post in the wrestling section here are members there, if you want to ask their opinions.

If we have a guy here with connections on upcoming figures, that would be a very welcome addition to our boards. And no crap about 'no pics, no proof'.

Be sure to check out our fantasy tourney. Started with over 300 names from Hackenschmidt and Gotch up to today's rosters, and is currently coming to the end of Round 2 in about 4-5 weeks, which will leave 64 wrestlers for Round 3.

Thanks for the time guys.

Ian

Reaction score
Ian_C said:
Guys, not trying to toot my own horn too much, but if you want a wrestling forum with no 'Nazis', and one that respects the 70's and 80's guys, I run this board. It's a hell of a lot smaller than wf.com, but the members are MUCH friendlier. Our younger members are pretty mature as well. Of course there are rules, but I'd say it's more relaxed than even this board. monstermonkey and a couple of other guys that post in the wrestling section here are members there, if you want to ask their opinions.

If we have a guy here with connections on upcoming figures, that would be a very welcome addition to our boards. And no crap about 'no pics, no proof'.

Be sure to check out our fantasy tourney. Started with over 300 names from Hackenschmidt and Gotch up to today's rosters, and is currently coming to the end of Round 2 in about 4-5 weeks, which will leave 64 wrestlers for Round 3.

Thanks for the time guys.

Ian
Thanks for the invite. When I get home from work I will check it out. I am a big 70's and 80's fan. The only reason I collect wrestling figures is because of the Jakks Classics and Mattel Legends. If there weren't any legends figs I would not be collecting at all.

Reaction score
It looks like TJ Maxx is now getting in some of the seemingly over-produced Legends Series 2. I picked up the '91 heel Jake for $10 yesterday. Hope they get in some of the other waves, I'd pick up some Series 1 Road Warriors for repaints.

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I picked up an extra Natalya Neidhart Mattel Basic 9 figure. Let me know via pm. First come, first serve. $16 shipped. Fig was $11.99 before taxes.

Reaction score
PrimetimeJedi said:
If anyone is interested I picked up an extra Natalya Neidhart Mattel Basic 9 figure. Let me know via pm. First come, first serve. $16 shipped. Fig was $11.99 before taxes.
Figure no longer for sale. Got a buyer.

Reaction score
Went to TRU today and picked up Elite 9 Miz, Zack Ryder, Luke Gallows and MVP. Also got Basic 11 Eve, Daniel Bryan and Skip Sheffield. Plus there is a TRU promotion going on right now. If u buy 4 figs (Elite, Legends, Legends 2pks) u can send away for a free Vince McMahon figure. http://www.thechairmanfigure.com/