WWE by Mattel

Reaction score
Starting to see a lot of these show up now. Can't say I'm impressed. Not a fan anyway, but still. I hope they bring back the 4" line at some point though. I was really getting into the BnB line from Jakks.

Reaction score
BnB were some of the best figs in that scale, great articulation that didn't sacrifice sculpt, I would go so far to say the only ones that got that scale better was Star Wars. But BnB had better articulation than even SW.

I don't think Mattel recognizes the potental of the 1:18th market though (DCIH seemed to be just tossed together rather than a real push of a good line).

My hope now is that Jakks releases a BnB equivalant in thier TNA line, seems like the most likely outcome.

Reaction score
The Mattel WWE figures look ok so far....but I spent way too much money, time and space on the Jakks Ruthless Aggression and Classic Superstars lines to start buying these, too. I DO like that Mattel is making stuff in scale (no more "Paul Bearer is taller than the Undertaker") and using more unique molds. The paint apps looked good on all that I've seen, but I haven't seen one out of the package yet to test it's, uh...playability. I might actually pick up a few (the ones that Jakks never made, or just made craptacularlyand I passed on). I have my eye on the Kofi Kingston, I didn't like the Jakks version and Mattel's looks good.

As for the Build and Brawl figures, some of them looked a little off, and they suffer from the same "loose in a week" torso joint that the Deluxe Aggression figures had. But if they do TNA Build and Brawls, I NEED an Awesome Kong.

Reaction score
Have 2 Undertakers of the '1 of 1000' chase figs. Would love to trade one for a '1 of 1000' Triple H or Stone Cold Steve Austin or Shawn Michaels.

Reaction score
Found Mark Henry & Jack Swagger with belts. Don't really care too much about Swagger, but the belt # got my attention - 0001 of 1000!!! As they say, there's only ONE #1 of anything!

GNT

Reaction score
Darth_Huntarr said:
Found Mark Henry & Jack Swagger with belts. Don't really care too much about Swagger, but the belt # got my attention - 0001 of 1000!!! As they say, there's only ONE #1 of anything!
Are they all individually numbered? Because I've seen many of times where they do the 1 of 1000 thing and if you pick up 10 they all have the same thing.

Reaction score
Yes, every chase belt is individually numbered. My Mark Henry is 0473/1000 & my Undertaker is 0123/1000. Each wrestler has only 1000 chase belt figs, numbered 0001/1000 to 1000/1000. I also have an extra Swagger that is #400-something, & an extra Undertaker that is #400-something, & I saw another Undertaker at the store that was #900-something.

Reaction score
monstermonkey said:
The Mattel WWE figures look ok so far....but I spent way too much money, time and space on the Jakks Ruthless Aggression and Classic Superstars lines to start buying these, too.

I feel the same way. The classic line for jakks started out really strong but ended with no real bang like we were promised. I have very mixed emotions about Mattels stuff so far. To put it straight, I don't like them. I think there head scans are terrible. All the stores I have been in they seem to be warming the shelves except Kofi Kingston and Cena. I have only picked up a 1 of 1000 Austin Heritige figure and that is it so far. Looking forward to see how Mattel's classic line will look like and maybe get some guys we didn't get with jakks. On a side note, I spotted basic series wave 2 at wal-mart but passed. It had Mysterio(the best from this series),Swagger(which looks awful)Kozlov(awful),Kane(not bad),Punk(see Kane)and I don't remember the other one.

Reaction score
Well, Mattel might get some $$ from me after all...just saw some pics on CTR from Toy Fair, and they're finally doing something Jakks could never do: making a Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat figure. The Dragon is one of my all-time favorites, so this is a must-own for me. Not too crazy about their other classics, LOD looks too cartoonish, and that Polka Dot Dusty is going to give me nightmares.

Reaction score
May have to get that Sgt. Slaughter figure. If they do a 3.75" line, I'm in. To be honest though, these figures look like cartoon versions of the wrestlers.

Reaction score
JediKnutt said:
May have to get that Sgt. Slaughter figure. If they do a 3.75" line, I'm in. To be honest though, these figures look like cartoon versions of the wrestlers.
JAKKS made a Sgt. Slaughter in that scale....Build N' Brawler Series 6. As for the Mattel line, wonder if they will continue that scale. I have pretty much just grabbed the 1/1000's and Elite Series. If anyone has any extra 1/1000's let me know still need a couple to complete Series 1 & 2. Also looking for Series 3 1/1000's.

Reaction score
I bought a few of the BnB Slaughter. I meant if they do a 6" version I might get it. Definitely if they do a 4" version although we are getting two from SDCC this year from Hasbro.

Reaction score
Here's a list of the 1/1000s that I've been able to get so far:

(l-r): #355 Steve Austin, #449 Kane, #526 Batista, #549 Randy Orton and #705 Edge.

(l-r): #708 Undertaker, #713 Kofi Kingston, #787 CM Punk, #794 Vladimir Kozlov and #898 Rey Mysterio.

I also have (but no pics of yet) #516 Chris Jericho and #936 Mark Henry. Plus a 1/1000 John Cena on its way to me, which I don't know the number of yet.

Reaction score
monstermonkey said:
I haven't seen one out of the package yet to test it's, uh...playability.
I have bought one for my son so far - Mark Henry. I think they're slightly shorter than the Jakks line, and because the body sculpts are more realistic, they appear somewhat skinnier too.

However, they're not so different that it makes interaction impossible. My son sure hasn't complained about it.

Ian

Reaction score
Just found Wave 3 at 'Cove Wally! Randy Orton, Undertaker( different from Wave 1 ), Shelton Benjamin, Great Khali, & first single-pack female, Mickie James! Counted 19 figs, I assume someone took one, & that there were 2 cases put out. I got Great Khali w/ belt & took Mickie too - there was only one of her. I guess they're short-packing her.

Reaction score
I wonder if someone can help me out. I am looking for an old WCW tag team belt figure size for a custom that was done for a friend of mine.

My friend and I are part of a local wrestling group in Colorado Springs called ACW (Asylum Championship Wrestling) and a fan started doing custom figures of the wrestlers. He did a custom figure of my friend and at our last event, he won the tag team belts with his partner. Now I just want to take his custom figure and put the tag belt on it. It is this belt here at the link. I forogot to mention that ACW uses the Old WCW Tag Team title belts (Modified of course) as their tag belts.

If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it. I will be checking Ebay regularly as I am almost certian that these are almost impossible to find.

WCW Tag Team Belt

Here is a picture of my friend with the belt too after his victory

Reaction score
Anyone have any of the new mattel figures for trade? Pm me with your wants and have list. ty

Reaction score
Found Wave 4 at Temple Target yesterday. HBK, MVP, Reagal, Matt Hardy, Goldust, Dolph Ziggler. Michaels & Goldust had Belts......Took 'em!

Reaction score
I've seen the Legends Sgt. Slaughter figure twice now. Can't spend $15 on it. Not crazy about the outfit either.

Reaction score
If any one has an extra Jakks CS Jack Brisco series 25 MOC, PM me and we can work out a trade. I suffered some loses this weekend when my dishwasher overflowed and leaked into the basement where I keep my stuff.

Reaction score
picked up elite 5 swagger,henry,koslov, and chavo, @pk series 5 Steamboat/Jericho and Carlito/Primo @ Walmart in covington, LA. Then went to Walmart in Hammond, LA and found another Drew McIntyre 21/1000 PPV fig. Ordered online from walmart.com EG Million Dollar Man and Elite 5 Dolph Ziggler.

Reaction score
I picked up the Legends 1 Steamboat, along with the Steamboat/Jericho 2 pack at K-Mart last week. Crazy prices...the single pack was $14.99, while the 2 pack was $17.99. Silly K-Mart. The figures are cool, the articulation/construction is alot better than Jakks', but I'm a little bummed that they're slightly smaller in height/build. I have TONS of their Classic Superstars and Ruthless Agression-style figures and it sucks to finally have The Dragon, only for him to be puny next to all the other guys.

Reaction score
monstermonkey said:
Crazy prices...the single pack was $14.99, while the 2 pack was $17.99. Silly K-Mart.
The only store we have up here that carries 2packs is TRU. They want $24.99 Canadian per set, which equates to about $23.65 US. PLUS, we get hit with 13% taxes. THAT is crazy.

Single figs aren't much better, at $12.99 (Walmart) to $14.99 (TRU). Needless to say, not many are being bought.....

Ian

Reaction score
saw series 2 of the Legends figures today at K-Mart. Man, if weren't collecting so many other lines I would probably be all over these... I loved wrestling back in the day when these wrestlers were doing there thang.

Reaction score
ShmashWitdaclub said:
saw series 2 of the Legends figures today at K-Mart. Man, if weren't collecting so many other lines I would probably be all over these... I loved wrestling back in the day when these wrestlers were doing there thang.
They are sweet. They blow Jakks Classic line out of the water so far. I hear you about collecting so many other lines, its tough when there is so much nice stuff out there. I just picked up a Legends 2 Kamala and its a great looking figure

Reaction score
yup, the thought seriously went through my mind as soon as I saw them. 12 figures out, that would = $180 for me to start a new line. Sad to say but sorry WWF/E - you came too late in my collecting life.

Side note - Kamala cracked me up as a kid. This figure of him is too skinny

Reaction score
This is a good line. I've only bought the Elite Undertaker so far but I plan on picking up some of the Legends, especially Ultimate Warrior (was my favorite as a kid). Great sculpts and articulation. Way better than the Jakks stuff.

Reaction score
While I like the better scaling and more accurate bodies that Mattel is using, several of the headsculpts seem off (Chris Jericho, The Miz, John Morrison). Jakks were pretty good with theirs, for the most part.

I picked up Legends series 2/Hall of Fame Terry Funk last week at K-Mart. Awesome figure, the removable chaps and shirt are great. I've seen a few people pop a Jakks Classic Superstars Ric Flair head on this body to make a nice Mattel Flair. Now the only Funker I need is a young NWA champion era one (or maybe a Tuxedo Terry from when he was announcing/interviewing for NWA circa 1990).

Reaction score
monstermonkey said:
While I like the better scaling and more accurate bodies that Mattel is using, several of the headsculpts seem off (Chris Jericho, The Miz, John Morrison). Jakks were pretty good with theirs, for the most part.

I agree about the headsculpts. Jack Swagger and Edge's headscans are pretty bad also. I liked what Jakks had to offer with there WWE products. They were the ones that introduced the Legends line and put out good figures until the last year of there contract where they got lazy and through up there hands.

Reaction score
got one lone jake the snake from target. very cool but a strange costume to pick from.

mjb

Reaction score
I don't collect these, but couldn't pass up on the new Kamala

Reaction score
boff123 said:
got one lone jake the snake from target. very cool but a strange costume to pick from.
That Jake is from his '91-92 heel run when he was using the cobra. I'm sure we'll see an earlier Jake with Damien soon (Jakks, to their credit, released a few different Jakes from different points in his career, so I'm sure Mattel will do the same). I haven't seen this figure yet but can't wait to get it.