WTF: STARBLES... Anyone got any of these things??

Reaction score
Hi folks,
A good friend of mine in Toronto was cleaning out his basement and sent me a bunch of misc. SW stuff, including something I'd never seen before. It's a STARBLE - an oversized lucite marble with a SW character photo embedded in the center. Apparently, these Starbles were only available in vending machines in select Movie Theaters in Ontario. I have a C-3PO - and would be interested in offers from anyone who has others to sell.

Thanks,
Jason

Reaction score
Re: WTF: STARBLES... Anyone got any of these thing

There was a set of 12 of these Starbles sold through vending machines in theatres in Southern Ontario. Apparently, Southern Ontario was a test market, and the Star Wars Starbles never really took off, so they never saw wide distribution. You could also obtain a promotional kit/case that contained all 12 Starbles as well.

Reaction score

Wow, i'm not sure what's more amazing - finding another new Star Wars thing i;ve never heard of before or Scott pulling out an ad for it! What don't you have tucked away, Scott!?

Reaction score

Shane Turgeon said:
What don't you have tucked away, Scott!?

Just a bunch of stuff that it seems like I'm the only one interested in, like candy heads and Lundi posters.

Technically, these Starbles aren't really vintage but from the Special Editions in 1997. I have a set of them sitting in an egg carton box.

Jason, if you are still looking for any others, I have an extra X-Wing/TIE Fighter Starble (#12).

Reaction score

Wow...this place is great!

Thanks Scott - I didn't know they were from 97... I thought they were vintage, honestly.

I'll think on whether or not I want to collect them now. I recycle all my egg cartons!

Cheers,
Jason

Reaction score
I have the Darth Vader version in my collection:

It is marked "3 of 12" , and I don't know if all 12 were actually produced. I know they were test-market only, and my Vader came from a source within the company.
I don't know about production volumes or total examples, but I have only seen 4-5 of the Vader's ever surface.

Bill

Reaction score

Bill_McBride said:
It is marked "3 of 12" , and I don't know if all 12 were actually produced.
All 12 were made.

Reaction score

there was just a set on ebay....ended a few weeks ago

Reaction score

Pretty dang cool Starbles, good size to them.

Reaction score

Huh whaddya know. I wander into this section of the forums I never frequent and find something about starbles! I bought a big bag of 'em at a garage sale, must have been 5 years ago now. I'm pretty sure I could put together the rest of a set for you, Jason, but I'll have to check the bottom of the closet when I get home

Mark