Would you rather own an AFA 75 SW Luke Farmboy or an AFA 85 ESB one?

Reaction score
I'm going back and forth on finally purchasing what will be my largest vintage SW purchase. I'm just curious which you would choose (also assuming both have no Y designation) and why. It seems I see more of the SW one on Ebay vs. the ESB but that might just be because more choose to have the SW one graded more often. Thanks!

Reaction score
SW hands down. I would want the figure to be on its debut card, so any flavor of 12-back would suffice. As you mentioned, I wouldn't want any yellowing on the bubble and would prefer the figure itself to have at least an 80 grade. I have some overall 75s where the figure is 80/85 and they display very nicely.

Reaction score
SW hands down. I would want the figure to be on its debut card, so any flavor of 12-back would suffice. As you mentioned, I wouldn't want any yellowing on the bubble and would prefer the figure itself to have at least an 80 grade. I have some overall 75s where the figure is 80/85 and they display very nicely.
Thanks jwh1974 I appreciate the feedback. I've decided to go with the SW version. I wish I had more experience on what a "good" price is on these. In June on eBay an AFA 80 sold I for about $1400 and one as well in July. It appears those might be more anomalies in price as I can't find anything close to that. The best I've found is about $1800 on an AFA 75. Do you have any thoughts?

Reaction score
Thanks jwh1974 I appreciate the feedback. I've decided to go with the SW version. I wish I had more experience on what a "good" price is on these. In June on eBay an AFA 80 sold I for about $1400 and one as well in July. It appears those might be more anomalies in price as I can't find anything close to that. The best I've found is about $1800 on an AFA 75. Do you have any thoughts?

Honestly I haven't kept up with prices much recently. I finished my carded set about 5 years ago when prices were somewhat lower. I would recommend posting this question in the "Current Value Check" section and you should get some knowledgeable responses.

Reaction score
if someone is giving me one for free I would say the SW 12, 20, or 21 back if I had a choice.

Reaction score
I don’t have the funds for collecting vintage MOC. But if I were to choose between those options, I’d rather have farm boy Luke on a Star Wars card over a ESB card.

Reaction score
Thanks for all this great feedback. I still haven't pulled the trigger on one of these because I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.

Is there really less ESB out there with these figures than SW? I've seen way more SW carded farmboys for sale on eBay.

Reaction score
There is 1 ESB in an Auction on eBay right now. A 47 back.
It's up to 1400 and going strong.
I think they are one of those situations where it's not so black and white. Maybe there are less, maybe people trade the sw more due to the high prices they get. I don't know.
All I know is I see 1 ESB Luke farm to every 30 SW
Good luck brother.
Post a shot of you purchase
👍