Would you buy SW figs with GI Joe articulation?

G

A a collector of many lines, I always find myself day dreaming of the "perfect" figure. More often than not, this involves the "blending" of different lines. In this case, I find myself longing for a Clone Tooper with the EXACT same articulation as a GI Joe 3-3/4" figure. In my head, this would be perfection. From what I hear the Super ART Trooper may be close to this, but who knows how it will turn out.

I think this would be great on MANY figures, not just the Clone, but hey, that's me. So I'm wondering what the seasoned SW collectors would think about this.

So would you like to see SW figures with GI Joe articulation?

Reaction score
This has been dicussed in the cuztomizing forum for quite some time. Someone is currently making a gi-joe articulatied Boba Fett. Or so I was told.
I have also pondered this concept, and would have to agree star wars figures with Gi-Joe articulation. Especially characters, with armor. Ahhh "Darth Vader" drooling... I also long for star wars playmobile. Playmobile is an inovative german toy.

here is a pic of what the figures look like.

http://store.playmobileusa.com/is-bin/intershop.enfinity/eCS/Store/-/-/-/Storefront-USA

Reaction score
Maybe, but only on certain figures.

For example, we wouldn't want alot of articulation on Palpatine cause he's an old bag.

G

Originally posted by i like yoda:
Maybe, but only on certain figures.

For example, we wouldn't want alot of articulation on Palpatine cause he's an old bag.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yup, I agree. The articulation would be pointless on some figures, but I think the majority could benefit from it. Troopers, Jango, Boba, Luke, Han, most bounty hunter figures to date would rock with it. The list goes on and on.

Just think the of the money Hasbro could save in the long run, consolidating two different toy lines from a manufacturing stand point. Of course it wouldn't be cheap at first. I'm assuming all new molds would be required.

But I think the general idea has potential.

Reaction score
I voted for If I want GI Joe, I'll buy GI Joe. Don't get me wrong, I love Joes and collect them too, but I like the feel and stances of the Star Wars figs the way they are. Durge looks to be alot like Joe articulation though.

Reaction score
Hm. I personally wouldn't want GI Joe style...I'd be more partial to ball joints a la commtech stormies...

SPL

Reaction score
Since I only collect to display, I prefer a perfect sculpt over articulation.

Reaction score
Originally posted by BushiFox:
Hm. I personally wouldn't want GI Joe style...I'd be more partial to ball joints a la commtech stormies...
<font size="2" face="arial">My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't want GI Joe articulation but I would love more like that Stormtrooper. In my opinion, that's the single figure I can call "PERFECT".

Reaction score
Re: Would you buy SW figs with GI Joe articulation

With the GI JOE 25th Ann. figures out now, I thought it might be fun to revisit this one.

I really dig the improved Joe sculpts and deco, however that chest articulation is funky. Are those man-breasts or over-developed pectorals?

I for one am glad that the clone troopers didn't go that route!

Reaction score

The GI joe articulation would probably only be good on some figures. It would probably work best on clone troopers and thats about it.

Reaction score
If the over all look of the figures weren't affected by the articulation I don't think I'd have a problem with it. I don't know if it's the articulation or just the style of the Joes but some of them just look too funky for me to want my SW figures to look like that. Gree is a perfect example of Hasbro at their best, hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Reaction score

Gree is definitely going in the right direction- they certainly didn't sacrifice sculpt for articulation much there! However, the thigh armor still comes up a bit too high and limits his poseability. They got it just right with the AT-TE tank gunner (and ROTS 501st) except they had crappy arm articulation!
I like Joe knee articulation and hip articulation but I wish you could rotate them at the knees- mayber a swivel thigh joint or something. And some of the Joes' arms don't even bend to a 90 degree angle, which means they cant hold a rifle well with two hands, and that's annoying, since most of them have rifles that look silly aimed with only one arm. You seldom get that problem with SW figures. the detail on the new Joes is really fantastic though.
So, my direct answer to the question posed is no, I don't think I'd like my SW figures with Joe articulation, though I don't hate Joe articulation altogether.