Would you buy a Galactica action figure line?

Reaction score
"And for a Star Wars connection, two characters on the new show were romantically involved: Billy & Dee. And Billy Dee played Lando, and the Saga Collection will have a new Lando figure! ...er, someday. " unquote.

Actually, one could also add to your connection that the commander of the galactica is also William Adama, so "Billy" and "Dee" are romantically involved, and the commander of the fleet is "William" Adama = Billy Dee Williams!!!!!!

Reaction score
I think I would be inclined to pick up a couple, if they were in good scale with SW figs and decent sculpts. The new series has me hooked and figs if made would make a great addition to my collection.

Reaction score
I'd be all over BSG figures. The upcoming minimates look cool, but i'd like to see realistic figures. I like how the minimates line has complimentary characters from both series. I'd prefer a 3 3/4 scale to anything larger- you can't have Viper pilots without a Viper.

Reaction score
I would. If they could make Vipers, then I would want the figures to be 3 3/4". If not, then I would prefer them to be highly detailed 7 inch figures like the new Star Trek ones. There actually is buzz that someone is going to come out with a 7 inch line based on the new series. As to who is going to actually do it and when, nothing has been revealed.

Reaction score
Aaah, but Art Asylum is releasing BSG action figures...in MiniMate form.

And for you fuddy-duddies that only like the old, crappy show:

Personally, I think these are better than standard 3.75" figures. They're also doing ships as well as the MiniMates. I'll be picking up the modern line, but passing on the classic line.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the upcoming Minimates look absolutely incredible. I'm really looking forward to them.

Reaction score
I love how Daggit is the classic-series stand-in for Number Six... everyone else has a counterpart between the two versions in those sets

Reaction score
ruiner said:
Nobody likes the Joyride figures?

http://www.joyridestudios.com/bsg.asp
Honestly, they could be a lot better. With only 8 poa, they are more like statues than action figures. The sculpts look decent enough, but there is a good deal of room for improvement. If AA could get the license to do regular figures, they could really deliver something incredible like they've done with this year's Trek figures. As it is, the license is already taken, so we aren't likely to see anything spectactular anytime soon.

Reaction score
I would if they were actually articulated!! I don't want statues nor those goofy minimates! But actual figures, hell yea!! Those Cylons are still the coolest things ever!! I love the look of the pilots with the jackets!

Reaction score
Done Hasbro style, the old series totally I would be right there.
Vintage style only way to go. No new series [censored].

Reaction score
I like the ships from the new show, but I simply can't hold an interest to the story and characters...a bit too much reinvention for a lover of the classic series, crappy or otherwise.

Reaction score
I doubt Hasbro would do the figures. I may be wrong. If I remember right, the original BSG was cancelled because George Lucas sued saying it was a Star Wars ripoff. And since he also owns a portion of Hasbro, I can't see them doing figures. But if someone did them, I would buy them. Everyone needs a Lorne Greene figure in their collection. If only so every time you looked at him you'd hear the Bonanza theme..."If any one of them wants to mess with any one of us, he's got to mess with me ....BONANZA!" Yes, it had lyrics. And yes, I'm showing my age.

Reaction score
Would buy the old series figures, but like many of you have said it should be with realistic sculpts, I had everyone of the figures back when I was younger, wish I still had them to be honest, my fav was the ovion, followed by muffit (I know sounds like a rude act) the daggit.

But anwser your question yes, as of the new series I dont know much about it so I cant say yes, but if they were as good as the original ones would hoepfully be, then yes, I would buy them for fodder.

Reaction score
Lady_Jaye said:
I don't want statues nor those goofy minimates!
Goofy MiniMates! LJ, sometimes words can hurt! MiniMates are fantastic, and really true to the series. Have you seen the Marvel or Lord of the Rings ones? Or even the old ones for Crouching Tiger? Awesome.