Would you buy a Galactica action figure line?

Reaction score
Since Hasbro has released ships from the Titanium Series Battlestar line it got me thinking. If they were to expand on this (if their use of the license allows them to) and make Galactica action figures based on the newer Sci Fi Channel series, would you buy them? Basically, if they were the same size as the basic Star Wars figures are?

Reaction score
No. I do not watch the new show. But if they made figures based on classic Battlestar in scale with Star Wars, then I would get those.

Reaction score
I had the original galactica figures too. I also had the ships.. That bad thing is that they werent to scale with each other, and that was really lame.

However, since the galactica figures were to scale with Star Wars figures (and buck rodgers) I would often use the colonial capes on Bespin Luke..

Not really interested in buying figures from the new Galactica show.

Reaction score
I managed to get some of the originals back in the day too. I was very young and had almost no money, so it was hard to get many. However, they were the same scale as the Star Wars line. The only thing I didn't like was that there weren't many Colonials to choose from.

Reaction score
CaptainYoda said:
No. I do not watch the new show. But if they made figures based on classic Battlestar in scale with Star Wars, then I would get those.
Same here.The classic Galactica rocked,but this one is all full of drama,literally no action.

Reaction score
MisterKenobi said:
No I wouldn't. Never seen the show, don't care to. Is this related to TSC?
Hasbro could release them on cards that look like TSC since the Titaniums all look the same. Just with a BSG logo at the top of the packaging.

I'd buy either series, especially if I could get a 1/18 scale Viper and Cylon Raider.

Reaction score
Yeah, this post would have to go in the Cantina. But I probably would snag a couple of Old School Cylons if they relased them, but not if they were UGH

Reaction score
I love the new Battlestar. I would buy them if they were the same scale as Star Wars figures. I'd buy more then one of each character too, because they would not only be figures from a great show, but custom fodder too.

Reaction score
I love the new show. It's probably my favorite show currently running. But I really don't think that I would collect any figs from it.

Reaction score
MisterKenobi said:
Not really, unless they actually decided to make them and release them in the same way as the Titaniums are being released right now. Packaged with Star Wars figures half and half. Which I doubt would ever happen. It's just a question.

Reaction score
I'd buy 'em... for customizing. I had a bunch of the old ones...always liked those cloth capes but the weapons kinda sucked.

Reaction score
Yes I would buy Battlestar toys from Hasbro done in scale with SW. I just ordered some of the JOYRIDE produced Battlestar toys Apollo, Starbuck & a Cylon Raider ship. Bring them on HASBRO !

Reaction score
Yeah, those Colonial blasters would always get lost because they were so small. Cool, but small.

When I first heard about the new version of the show I thought it was going to be lame too. I watched this preview show that was meant to explain the show and the differences between the two. I think it was supposed to be a bone thrown out to all of the purists. I thought much of that show was rather lame and tried to excuse a lot of changes that I thought were unneccessary. Especially the parts involving changing the gender of characters that were known from the original show to be men to women. Now, I have no problem with women playing as much of a part of the show as men. But they explained some of this as though the original show didn't do women any justice at all, and I didn't feel that to be true. The original show had plenty of women in it and they didn't all play small roles in the show. So I thought this was all bogus.

However, I resigned myself to watching the show and thinking of it as an alternate reality of sorts, and not allowing myself to think of the original show as I was watching it. Because of this I've really enjoyed the show. Although it is more drama than the original and action can be a lot less sometimes, it leaves you at the end of one episode wanting to see the next one. The characters are interesting, even the ones that have been "changed". All of the acting is good, and the actors portraying the changed characters are doing a good job with their characters as well. I think the secret is simply looking at it as an original story of it's own, unrelated to the original. Otherwise, you will hate it because too many things have been changed.

I would buy figures from either series if they made them. I wouldn't be really amused to see them mix Galactica with Star Wars though. The ships are fine like this, but I want to see cases of Star Wars figures when I'm looking for Star Wars and other things when I'm looking for them on their own. Besides, we have enough problems getting Star Wars figures in enough numbers to cover people right now. I wouldn't mind seeing a line like this, just not mixed with Star Wars.

Reaction score
there's a lot of things in the saga forum that don't belong, but it all just seems to make it there anyway because saga is a high traffic forum.

IMO the love and hate threads for walmart and Target , the Unleashed, and the Scalper threads just to name a few, probably have homes in different parts of the forum. Does this excuse a thread about another sci fi franchise? not really, but is it any more out of place? not really. That's just one man's opinion.

Reaction score
ThorOakenfelder said:
MisterKenobi said:
Hasbro could release them on cards that look like TSC since the Titaniums all look the same. Just with a BSG logo at the top of the packaging.

I'd buy either series, especially if I could get a 1/18 scale Viper and Cylon Raider.
Ships to scale with figures would be cooler than I can possibly say. I think the company doing it years ago should have been taking the example of Star Wars and how ships were made for it to go by. Of course I would have been torn. Being broke all of the time back then was bad enough. Now that I have money they still aren't making them.

Reaction score
I like the show and love the titanium ships but I would never buy the figures. If Hasbro can make a new figure line, they should me able to make some new SW vehicles!!!
Like an At-TE…I m still mad about that

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for 1:18 scale figures from pretty much any series, movie or whatever mostly for customs. If for nothing else but custom fodder they'd be interesting.

Reaction score
Nah, there's just no special place in my heart for them like there is with SW!!

Reaction score
I'd buy Galactica figures if, and only if, they were from the old TV series and were real high quality with lots of articulation and great likenesses.

Reaction score
Hell Yeah!!!!!

I'd only buy figures from the new series - it's the best thing on TV at the moment, and it has me - hook, line and sinker!!!!

I'd also buy figures from this series.

I'd love to have:

D'Anna Biers (Lucy Lawless)
Kara Thrace/Starbuck
Lee Adama/Apollo
Commander William Adamma (James Edward Olmos)
Number Six (Tricia Helfer)
Boomer (Grace Park)
Giaus Baltar (James Callis)
Cylon Centurion
Admiral Cain
Colonal Tighe
Dee
Billy
President Roslin
Tom Zerak (Richard Hatch)

I would honestly be over the moon if Hasbro made these as 3 3/4 inch figures.

Gotta say, I'm more excited about Battlestar Galactica and where thats going as a series right now, than any other franchise/series currently on TV.

Lets have some figures to go with the series!

Reaction score
I'd be all over both Classic and New series figures! I picked up the Titanium ships this morning and have the Majestic Studios Apollo, Starbuck, and Cylon as well. A 3 3/4" line would be awesome! I had the old Mattel ones, which were good for the day...the likenesses were much closer than Kenner's, but they could have used more figures...especially Colonials. I think I still have them floating around somewhere, I should try and dig them up.

Reaction score
have never watched the new show dont really remember the classic well.
but if they looked cool and were to scale with 3 3/4 then i would buy them.

i would most definately buy a new cylon and lucifer and other cool non human characters.
and starbuck and those guys would be cool with there han soloish looking outfits.

Reaction score
Love the new show. Enjoyed the old one growing up, can barely stand most eps now, it's so uber-cheesy, but I always dug the Viper Pilot uniforms, the weapons, the ships, and, of course, the Centurions.

But the new one blows everything away. Light on action, but when they have it, it delivers with a bang.

I'd get Hasbro 3-3/4 figures of BOTH shows, old & new. And it'd provide tons of custom fodder for SW collectors, those who customize & those who buy customs!

And for a Star Wars connection, two characters on the new show were romantically involved: Billy & Dee. And Billy Dee played Lando, and the Saga Collection will have a new Lando figure! ...er, someday. If they make the Smuggler Lando from the end of ESB, or repack the VOTC one, or give a touch more articulation to the General or Skiff Guard versions... one can hope

Reaction score
yes i would definitely buy them!

especially if they were to do something like VOTC/VTSC for the original series!

Reaction score
Much as my instinct says "Nope, no way, no how" if they did the figures well enough I may wind up buying select ones. Otherwise, my only interest is in getting a full set of the originals.

Now the titaniums, that's another story. Just bought a group of the ones released. Love the titanium line so that helps. They -need- to do the classic BSG ships though. While the new battlestar looks more like a warship I'm still devoted to the old style.

Reaction score
I would buy them. Maybe I would go MOC completist for this one. And even if not, Kara Thrace would be on the top of my list. Up to 6" would be okay, nothing over that. Too big.

Reaction score
Isn't Hasbro also going to do Titanium BSG figures? Think I remember reading that Cyclons were on tap for the diecast figures. In fact, I believe the '70s-style Cylon is going to be in the same Titanium wave as Grievous and C-3PO.

If they did 1/18-scale figures of either version of BSG, I'd probably buy them for custom fodder. I hated the new BSG mini-series, but thought the first season of the weekly series spun off from it was decent enough. Haven't watched any of season 2, though.