Worst character of the sequels?

Reaction score
Kylo Ren;
Rose (She just seems to be there to take up space);
Luke (Every time I watch TLJ it breaks my heart to see how Rian Johnson destroyed that character)

Reaction score
I'm sorry but Poe is ten times the man that Han or Wedge are ......he has a brain for one where han didn't and Wedge was never General leia see good and high qualities in him and so do I. He was a teenager when he was doing shardy things as you say ,I happen to think he did great things cause it saved them later .He is a decent ,caring,giving wonderful man plus all the other qualities that I mentioned not just cute and if you can't see it then that is your problem...........

You're entitled to your opinion, but I can't say I agree with your assessment of Poe at all. Sounds like you just have some Tiger-Beat level juvenile crush on Oscar - which is fine. Sounds like that birthed a bias toward what's otherwise a rather bland and Xerox copy "Been there, done that" role though. It just comes off bizarre. The sycophantism! It's almost disturbing to me. I expect it from young teens, but a grown adult? Everything Poe offered has been done in the franchise prior by someone else...and better. And while I do think he can be a phenomenal actor, I don't think citing his SW work does his talents any justice. Not that he acted poorly either, it's not his fault he's just in terrible scripts. You ah...do remember Han navigated an asteroid field, right? Whilst being chased and attacked by the Empire? Comparing Poe (and his supposed "superiority") to Han is like comparing an immature HS football jock to a professional retired NFL player turned coach of a superbowl winning team. But you've been a fan for 40 some years? All due respect, but that's a sincere struggle to believe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think all of the characters had potential. If you gave me them just as a character sheet, I could intertwine them into a magnificent story, one that would have unfolded much differently than the PT did.
My point is that the characters are FINE!
The half-cocked story is just too ambitious (read LAME) for any character to appear to have worth much less be inter

Kennedy wanted agenda and woke crap to lead the way and show off diversity....
Joke was on her all along, STAR WARS WAS ALREADY DIVERSE!!!
It already had the strongest female lead in all of Sci-Fi...LEIA!!! she is not a damsel in distress that needs rescuing, she is an equal who actually saves the rescuers hides after their plan goes south. Proving that teamwork is key here.
Rose is great and helped the Resistance to win the war how
I'm calling you a troll.
I am a huge loyal fan of these films so your messed up ..... I live for Star Wars have huge collection, name my animals after Characters, go out as Leia ,have seen all the films 40 some times in the theater .

Attachments

• 20200205_170152.jpg
    20200205_170152.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20200205_171308.jpg
    20200205_171308.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Thats cause there are Poe,BB8,Rose,Jannah, finn,D-0,Lt,Connix, Beaumont &Snap as well as all the othernew Resistance people
Too bad all of those characters, with the exception of Finn, were written extremely poorly & had the character development of hot garbage.

Poe is a poor mans Han Solo. Han was extremely likeable, he was funny, he had bravado, & his character was relevant to the story. Poe is none of those things, imho.

The same thing applies to BB-8. A poor mans R2D2.

Rose was an awful written character played by a talented actress, they acknowledged this when they wrote her out of episode 9.

Jannah, more wasted potential.

Finn was the only one with real potential. I think a lot of people were excited about seeing a defected storm trooper turned Jedi. Then they screwed his character up as well.

Reaction score

I am a huge loyal fan of these films so your messed up ..... I live for Star Wars have huge collection, name my animals after Characters, go out as Leia ,have seen all the films 40 some times in the theater .
Rose was in the right place at the right time. Without her support and outlook Finn would have deserted. Pebble in the pond thing.
She had the potential to be much more but alas poor Rose.

Reaction score
Too bad all of those characters, with the exception of Finn, were written extremely poorly & had the character development of hot garbage.

Poe is a poor mans Han Solo. Han was extremely likeable, he was funny, he had bravado, & his character was relevant to the story. Poe is none of those things, imho.

The same thing applies to BB-8. A poor mans R2D2.

Rose was an awful written character played by a talented actress, they acknowledged this when they wrote her out of episode 9.

Jannah, more wasted potential.

Finn was the only one with real potential. I think a lot of people were excited about seeing a defected storm trooper turned Jedi. Then they screwed his character up as well.

Most the roles are just dollar store knockoff versions of classics.

Poe - Han/Wedge amalgam. Know why Poe's barely in TFA? Because Han's already in that one. :ROFLMAO: Defining traits: Expert pilot, hotshot, former smuggler. Seen it and done better.

BB-8 - Soccer ball R2-D2. Defining traits: Quirky, spunky, lovable droids. Seen it and done better.

Kylo Ren - Ben is a little more unique in that he's clearly a Vader wannabe, but he's intended to be within the continuity itself so I'm a bit forgiving.
Defining traits: Lots to say here but ultimately boils down to wants to be a big bad and ultimately redeems himself only to die. Seen it and done better.

Rey - I wouldn't say she's a carbon copy, but I would say she fits the Luke mold fairly well. Decent amount to compare. Defining traits: Adapt in the force, budding Jedi Knight, mechanic, scavenger. Seen it and done better.

Phasma - Look kids, shiny Boba Fett. Dangle it in front of them, they'll buy it. :ROFLMAO: Defining traits: Coward, betrayer, but ultimately...just looks cool. Seen it and done better.

Snoke - He's so much of a Palpatine ripoff that he got replaced...with Palpatine. :ROFLMAO: Defining traits: Creepy and mystical, tyrannical leader of a regime, power hungry, galactic domineering. Seen it and done better.

Maz - Not a carbon copy either, but clearly aiming for a Yoda vibe. Defining traits: Wise, unsuspectingly powerful, ancient, mysterious. Seen it and done better.

General Hux - Grand Moff Tarkin on one too many energy drinks until he's completely re-written into a bumbling punching bag. Defining traits: Military leader, extremist, fascist. Seen it and done better.

Rebellion - Resistance. Empire - First Order. Jakku - Tatooine. Maz's Castle - Mos Eisley Cantina. Starkiller Base - Death Star. Trench run - NEW trench run. Canto Bight - Cloud City. Snoke's Throne Room - Palpatine's Throne Room. Imperial Guard - Praetorian Guard. X-Wings - Slightly altered X-Wings. Crait - Hoth. Lightsaber fight in lava - Lightsaber fight in water. AT-AT - BIGGER AT-AT. Lifting X-Wing from bog - Lifting X-Wing from ocean. Death of mentor figure - Death of former hero now turned mentor figure. It just keeps going...and going...and going...and going.

Now I'm not saying one can't enjoy these characters, to each their own, but I also can't see how anyone can deny this blatant truth. I will grant I found Finn the most original. I'm sure someone can make comparisons to classic roles, but I do think it needs a little more stretched. I also don't really think Rose has a classic mirror image, the issue with Rose is just...I still have no idea why she even exists or what she truly contributes. Nor have I ever understood why people say she's a badly written character played by a good actress. Tran, for my money, is remarkably...average...in the acting talent department. Same can be said for the role of Jannah. For what purpose was she created? What does she add? Killing stormtroopers? Whoop dee doo! Holdo is basically if Mon Mothma had a larger role as a Gender Studies teacher. D-0 just exists to sell toys. Was DJ supposed to be a Lando-like role that just never redeems himself because SUBVERSION!? Zori exists only to give Poe a backstory...that's Han's. :ROFLMAO: OK! I GOT IT! I liked Babu Frik. Wow, there's a new character that I entirely like. Not to say I dislike all the new characters, though certainly some (if not most), but I feel they always come with a level of "God that's bad though..." compromise rather than me having an outright enjoyment of. Ex: I actually like Kylo Ren, but I have to put up with a lot of cringe tantrums and bad scenes along the way.

Then you cut to the actual returning classic roles. Even they're biting off...other classic roles. While Han isn't anything like Obi-Wan personality wise, he certainly is in the shoes of Obi-Wan's mentor role in ANH. He's basically surrogate Kenobi in TFA. I suppose Leia is just Mon Mothma now? When you look at the ST entire, she doesn't really do much at all. It's kind of sad to think the most she really does is spend a movie in a coma and then die. :ROFLMAO: She feels there because she has to be. No more and no less. And then there's Luke in a pseudo-Yoda role...but utterly bastardized more than any character has been in the history of the franchise. Palpatine just abruptly returns for reasons. I've said before, conceptually I don't dislike the idea of his resurrection or having some grand closet contingency plan for the event of his death. That in theory doesn't bother me, what does is...it just wasn't done well. It was rushed and felt very "Oh CRAP! Johnson killed Snoke...what do we do now?" Lando just shows up because, hey, Lando. Same can be said for R2 and Chewbacca. They're just sort of there. C-3PO got a bit more to play around with come the third entry, but by that point they're shoving the new roles down our throats so much that I didn't much care. "Taking one last look...at my friends," shouldn't he actually be saying "Um...who are you guys?" It's this complete forced sentimentality scene that at face value actually makes no sense considering C-3PO barely even knows these people. I think the implication was C-3PO is fourth wall break speaking to the audience because, hey, it's the final SW, but it just comes off so cringe. Oh and sure...sure...it's the "last" SW. Sure it is. Even Ackbar got tarnished. Freaking Ackbar, a minor albiet fan favorite role, is unceremoniously insulted with a "Ackbar who? Hm...whatever" casual death!

It's kind of sad that a role with three lines of dialogue, little to no character development, with rather minimal screen time....is probably the only classic character Disney is doing well - Boba Fett. And even then I know some folks who dislike what they're doing with him. It's shocking they didn't kill Wicket in his brief cameo. :ROFLMAO: Disney probably has a hit list. Look out Chewie, Lando, Wicket, Wedge, and Nien Nunb. They're coming to get you. =P

P.S. You know, I made that joke...only to realize J.J. Abram's DID kill Nien Nunb in TROS. I didn't even know that! Tells you how invested I was. You people, you're out here thinking about what to eat for dinner. Oh I don't know, maybe a NY strip steak. Get a nice little skillet, maybe some garlic butter...nice sear on there. You're thinking about STEAK and Nien Nunb is DEAD! I want you to think about THAT! Reassess your LIFE! What do you think of his death? Do you even care? I BET YOU DON'T! A NATIONAL TREASURE! #JusticeforNeinNunb

... ;)

No one is questioning your fandom. You're a super fan, good for you. Most of us here are. You tend to find SW super fans when...you know...you're on a SW fan site. Who knew? I simply don't think mindless obedience to the franchise is...healthy. You don't need to like everything about the franchise to be a super fan. However what plenty are doing is debating your POV and the way you've expressed it though rather illogical statements on the ST characters. Relax.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know, my take on ST vs. PT is complicated. I liked TFA better than all of the prequels. I like all of the PT more than TLJ. And I like TROS about on par with the PT. However, I like Rogue One and Solo better than all of the PT and ST. The PT def. has issues, I walked out of all three disappointed...but I do have a level of nostalgia for them. However, with TLJ...I didn't walk out disappointed. It's probably the first and only time I walked out of a film actually legitimately angry. I wasn't disappointed, I was insulted. I felt attacked as an old school fan. I felt mocked for being an old school fan. I felt Johnson was basically saying...we're not relevant, step aside, we're talking over.

Reaction score
The Last Jedi was the best sequel movie. Though again, to be clear, on a scale of one to ten, I’d probably give the prequels and sequels assorted scores of one to three.

Now, ‘A Very Long Engagement’, that’s a ten.

Reaction score
In case you have not noticed, all JJ did was take the core characters and main story, and pretty much took any idea that got axed and revived it. They poured over unused McQuarrie sketches and used them too. There is almost nothing original about these movies.except that Johnson treated the second act as if it were the third leaving many dead ends and unresolved plotlines.

Reaction score
In case you have not noticed, all JJ did was take the core characters and main story, and pretty much took any idea that got axed and revived it. They poured over unused McQuarrie sketches and used them too. There is almost nothing original about these movies.except that Johnson treated the second act as if it were the third leaving many dead ends and unresolved plotlines.

I didn't mind the unused McQuarrie aesthetics stuff at all. In fact, I thought that was cool. Plus I mean Lucas used unused concept are for the prequels, Filoni for Clone Wars and Rebels, and Favreau on Mando does quite a bit as well. Reusing abandoned concept art is nothing new. Just some examples would be the Turbo Tank (an early design for what would become the AT-AT), the Aiwha's from Kamino were originally conceived for Bespin, and the Knobby White spiders on Mando were originally an idea for Dagobah. That's just to name a few. Repurposed concept art doesn't bug me. It's the repeated story ideas and Xerox copies of classic caricatures and sequences that bug me. That stuff drove me nuts.

And the only reason that's any good is because it's straight up remake of ANH.

Yeah exactly.

Reaction score
And the only reason that's any good is because it's straight up remake of ANH.

I think the only reason it was any good was the return to practical effects and effects where it made more sense to use them than CGI.

The story and characters were hogwash, suited to vapid binge watching tv the keeps you hooked in the moment but doesn’t stand the test of time.

ZX3

Reaction score
This thread seems almost designed for bad faith takes, but in an attempt to answer the prompt in earnest, there is a character in the sequel trilogy I resent.
It's Klaud.
klaud-main_80fe2839.jpeg

At Celebration JJ promised that TROS had the gang all together on an adventure, which was true for Poe, Rey, Finn, Chewie, Threepio, and BB-8. But not for Rose.
Rose got relegated to very little screen time and one of the places where she could have been on an adventure with the gang was the opener, where they needed a mechanic on the Falcon.
But instead of the character already established as a technician in the last movie there's a weird looking giant slug.
Klaud works as a sight gag I suppose, but to me any time I see that scene all I can think is that they should have had Rose there and that not having her there is an intentional slight.