With those hands / claws / pincers / pseudopods

Reaction score
"Mmmmmmmmm... Chocolate R2.... /drool"

It's hard to tell by the scaling in the picture, but to my eyes those cherries looked HUGE. I was thinking they were Strawberries by there size.

Reaction score
Re: With those hands / claws / pincers / pseudopod

Bravo, Satka! The kirsch syrup is the coup de grâce

Reaction score

Je me frotterais ce gâteau partout. Alors je le mangerais. No.
Vous pourriez faire un nouveau gâteau. Alors je mangerais le nouveau gâteau.

Boy that was my most ambitious translation so far. I sure hope that one was close. Because if it wasn't it could really be misunderstood.

Reaction score

JediShua said:

Boy that was my most ambitious translation so far. I sure hope that one was close. Because if it wasn't it could really be misunderstood.
My French is so rusty, I accidently translated the first part into, "I would rub all of this cake".

Reaction score

That cake looks delicious Satka!

Reaction score
Thank you guys

A few notes:
- The cherries are big, but the cake rather small. This helps defy the gravity effects

- Chocolate cake rubbing is something pretty decadent, although certainly fun to watch

Hey, now I'm in a bakery mood, great!

Reaction score

MandyB said:
JediShua said:

My French is so rusty, I accidently translated the first part into, "I would rub all of this cake".
See, I knew I wasn't doing it right. It was supposed to be "I would rub this cake all over."

Reaction score

Now we're only missing some wookiee cookies, and we're done!

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
Now we're only missing some wookiee cookies, and we're done!
One question about these ... do they have something wookiee other than the name?
I've always wondered if one could recognize wookiee cookies at a glance

Reaction score

Well, let's just say baking them can be a... hairy experience.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
Well, let's just say baking them can be a... hairy experience.
Hehe ... well in the version I was envisioning, they were regular chocolate chips/cinnamon/vanilla cookies.
And then, once baked, I would add a bandolier of chocolate covering, and tiny marshmallow cubes for the energy cells

Much like the drawing you posted!

Hehe ... I wonder what my next culinary experiment will be

Reaction score
Chewie! What a cookiee!!!!

Well, Wookiee Cookies are on the way. I waked them this morning using this recipe

Oh, and the recipe announces 3 dozens ... I obliviously formed 2 dozens of them ... result: they're gigantic!
Which makes sense ... they're Chewie's snacks!

Next step: the bandolier and power cells (this might take a while ... I'll do it in a few hours)

Reaction score
JediShua said:
I've always been curious about this recipe. How are they?
It's quite good actually. The cinnamon definitely adds something special.
As usual with cookies, you should be mindful of the cooking time. I slightly overdid the first batch, and they came out rather crunchy (but still tasting good).
The second batch spent a couple of minutes less in the oven, and were crunchy on the outside and ... chewie inside.

Overall, a very nice experiment (but micro-dicing marshmallows is not something I would wake up in the middle of the night for
)

Behold, Wookiee Cookies!!!

Reaction score
Our favorite archaeologist also gets the paper treatment.

This is not an overly detailed model, but a nice one to build, I think ... definitely on my todo list!

Paper model: Ark of the Covenant

And let's not stop here ... this Ra staff headpiece is a very easy model, needing very little time and skill to complete.
Hint: to give a nice finish to the model, apply some glue on the eyes, to give them a shiny look (use the proper glue to achieve that effect!)

Reaction score

Nice! Still I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the Ark is not Indy's Ark, but rather a generic biblical Ark of the Covenant...

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
Nice! Still I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the Ark is not Indy's Ark, but rather a generic biblical Ark of the Covenant...
Thanks for the precision!

Oh, it reminds me of a passionate and very interesting exchange regarding the angels on top of Indy's Ark.

This happened during the Indy quiz game (sorry I can't remember the exact name)
That was a great game!

Reaction score

Satka said:
Jorbex said:
Thanks for the precision!

Oh, it reminds me of a passionate and very interesting exchange regarding the angels on top of Indy's Ark.

This happened during the Indy quiz game (sorry I can't remember the exact name)
That was a great game!
And some question about the ghost girl...
Satka, your talent is mind-boggling! I can't believe some of these things are crafted of paper. Amazing!

Reaction score

shazbazzar said:
And some question about the ghost girl...
Satka, your talent is mind-boggling! I can't believe some of these things are crafted of paper. Amazing!
Not the ghost girl!!!

Oh, and about these models ... I didn't create them at all, and the photos I post are not always of the models I assembled myself...
I happen to have built some of them, and I want to share the experience with you guys

And last note: I am currently developing some SW-based models on my own, but they are not online yet...

Reaction score
It had to become true one day ...

This papercraft is gorgeous!
Justin, will you begin your papercraft career with this model?

74-S Speederbike paper model
(note that assembling instructions are not posted yet ... they usually do that: post the model first, and instructions later)

Reaction score
Wow - what else could I possibly say? A truly amazing piece for sure.

Sadly, I don't think I'd have the patience or dexterity needed to create something like this.

Reaction score
Who shot first? Huh?

Well with this DL-44 blaster papercraft, you can reenact the scene every which way you want!

This is great!

And it has a working trigger (rubber band-powered) too

Oh ... and it's a scale 1:1 model, btw

(Note: the site might be down due to bandwidth limitation, come back later if you can't access the file ... I still haven't downloaded it, but it will be in my collection for sure!)

Reaction score

JediMolly said:
This stuff is so cool Satka! If your food is half as good as it looks, you must be an amazing cook.
My only venture into Star Wars crafts would be a few model and clay sculptures. One is just from a kit I got at a local hobby store and it's not very special at all. It's unpainted and not very well put together. It was my first one. Now that my Daddy got an air compressor for Christmas I'm hoping we can get a air brush attachment so the next one we do can be painted. Maybe I'll put some pics up of it later. The only other signifigant craft I've made is a clay X-Wing that I can't find. I made it a few years ago and I'm actually quite proud of it. I'll have to look for it.

Also, I've made Wookiee Cookiees from the recipe on the Star Wars Holiday Special fansite (yes there actually is one). They aren't particularly star wars - y at all. They're just cookies but they're pretty good and not exceptionally hard.

Also about the jawa cookie cutters. Why don't you just post a tutorial on how to make them? That way we could all have fun! I promise if there's sharp objects involved I'll have parental supervision.
actually these things called wookiee ookiees do exist

Reaction score

kitfistofan said:
actually these things called wookiee ookiees do exist
Yes, I found several recipes when googling these words ... but they seemed like regular cookies, I needed to add something visual, hence the chocolate/marshmallow bandoliers

Reaction score

They aren't particularly star wars - y at all.-
thats the part i focased on

Reaction score
Who never dreamed of owning his very own Bulk Freighter?

Well the wait is over, just click here and be ready to build a very convincing papercraft mini-fleet

EDIT:
Navigating through this site, I found many other models, like these ones:

Reaction score
Jorbex said:
That is so cool! I loved blowing up those slowpokes in the old X-Wing PC game. Awesome!
Very true ... the old TIE-Fighter and X-Wing games were so riveting ... even with crude graphics!