With those hands / claws / pincers / pseudopods

Reaction score
Hello crafty ones !

I was wondering how active Forcecasters were, in the crafting area ...
The forum activity surely hints that very creative minds are afoot

So ... what are your SW creations ?

I'll start with a little culinary test of mine.
The result is not as spectacular as I would have liked, but being a first time, I'm satisfied.

(and I also baked Jawa cookies ... I just have to find pics of them ... they seem to have scattered and hidden behind some Force forsaken hard drive clusters ...)

It all begins with a sphere-shaped cake, covered with cream (and there's an unstoppable cream core too)

Sugar paste is rolled thinly

Behold the ultimate cream-filled battle station in the universe ... I suggest we eat it !

Reaction score
Re: With those hands / claws / pincers / pseudopod

This Christmas I tried something new: some cross-stitch for my very young padawan (5 months).
It all went pretty well, phew !

An oversized garment is essential (do they grow fast !!!)

A computer-generated cross-stitch model, and relatively well chosen colored threads ...

Ready ... steady ... stitch !
Btw ... never look behind a Jawa ... it's not pretty

Mission accomplished ... Uttini !

Reaction score

Nice work Satka! I like them both so much, I'm going to issue a Presidential mandate for you to make more! Seriously, great craftsmanship. Or would it be....craftsJawaship?

Reaction score

Thanks MasterRawas ! (gleefully gleaming glinty eyes)

I spent some time looking for my Jawa cookies pics, but they really are gone now ...

(sigh) I guess I'll have to start baking new ones soon !
(no, I don't deliver
)

Reaction score

Satka said:
(no, I don't deliver
)
But...I'll pay a premium! Come on, you can't live very far away. For anyone with talent like yours, living far away from me is just a crime.

Reaction score

Hmmm ... how can I resist to such kind words ? (Yes, Jawas can be venal, sometimes)

Here is what I'm going to do ...
I have a mini project of making Jawa-shaped cookie cutters
If it works out, I'm baking a full tribe, and post them here

If you people are interested, I can:
  • Either try sending those across the pond (but I'm guessing the FDA would not approve),
  • Or craft more cookie cutters, and send them (which could raise another problem: are cookie cutters considered weapons ?)

Reaction score

That depends on how big the 'blade' is

Reaction score

Dex1138 said:
That depends on how big the 'blade' is
It doesn't depend on anything if some overzealous shift manager decides that Satka is trying to send weapons overseas to precipitate the next American Civil War.

Reaction score

I envision hordes of rebels armed with Jawa cookie cutters ...
What could possibly stop them ?

(wasn't an entire legion of high tech elite soldiers defeated by tribes with sticks and pebbles ?
Man ... I'm in a "ban the ewoks" mood now ... )

Reaction score

jawa cookie cutters sounds pretty sweet.... great work Satka...

my only bit of creativity in some part of the craft area has been to make a bust for my GG line... more precisely Xizor... now i have never sculpted before just painted so some of the modelling lines aren't great but this is what i came up with using an old amt model kit (does this count as craft!?):

Reaction score

Wow spookedhippie ... very nice !!!

I really like the painting. Volumes are greatly enhanced by the shading effects.

And the sculpture is impressive !
How did you proceed ? A metallic/plaster skeleton, and then clay or some other easily workable material, that hardens when heated or dried ?

Reaction score

oh goodness no nothing that complicated. Took a xizor model cut which i cut in half and then sculpted about half of the robes that are 'fallin' over the base and had to fix up the bet and some of the joins...

I used some model putty for all that which sets naturally

Reaction score

Very Cool Spooked Hippie!!!

See how talented Force-Casters are???

Told ya!

Reaction score

MasterRawas said:
spookedhippie said:
that are 'fallin' over the base
LOL @ SpookedHippie's pun! (fallin = falleen)
Oh dear
.... thanks Jimmy! I'm trying to find another base so I can start work on a bespin Lando!

Reaction score

By the way, here is the finished result on the house's padawan !

Reaction score

Awwwww... that little Ani, he's so cute!

Reaction score

hey i have the star wars cookbook which has heaps of recipes in it, like wookie cookies, bossk brownies and even obi wan kebabs. its great fun with the kids they really get into it.

Reaction score

james1138 said:
hey i have the star wars cookbook which has heaps of recipes in it, like wookie cookies, bossk brownies and even obi wan kebabs. its great fun with the kids they really get into it.
My favorite name was Boba Fettucine.

Reaction score

lmao, i love the stickers in the back too : use the fork luke

Reaction score

EDIT: Wrong post, content deleted

Reaction score

I know, I know, I know ... this has nothing to do with SW, but you see, it was Ms Satka's B-day today, and I cooked her a proper meal ...

I'm just posting some teasing pics here, because ... well, because spiritual food is not everything

- Starting with a ham and goat's cheese toast, served with endives, Tri-Star style

(bigger version here )

- Followed by a cream/mustard/green peppercorn chicken, served with a kind of cheesy bread-like pastry

(widescreen version here )

(yummier version here )

- Desert had to have some chocolate ... well it does ... chocolate fondant with eponymous ice cream

(salivating pic here )

There's still some cake left ... it is already properly sealed and packaged ... Who should I send it to ?

(yes, it's even bigger here)

Reaction score

This stuff is so cool Satka! If your food is half as good as it looks, you must be an amazing cook.
My only venture into Star Wars crafts would be a few model and clay sculptures. One is just from a kit I got at a local hobby store and it's not very special at all. It's unpainted and not very well put together. It was my first one. Now that my Daddy got an air compressor for Christmas I'm hoping we can get a air brush attachment so the next one we do can be painted. Maybe I'll put some pics up of it later. The only other signifigant craft I've made is a clay X-Wing that I can't find. I made it a few years ago and I'm actually quite proud of it. I'll have to look for it.

Also, I've made Wookiee Cookiees from the recipe on the Star Wars Holiday Special fansite (yes there actually is one). They aren't particularly star wars - y at all. They're just cookies but they're pretty good and not exceptionally hard.

Also about the jawa cookie cutters. Why don't you just post a tutorial on how to make them? That way we could all have fun! I promise if there's sharp objects involved I'll have parental supervision.

Reaction score

Satka, that birthday meal looks delicious! (congrats to Mrs. Satka, by the way).

I'm not really a crafty kind of guy myself, the only thing I do which might remotely qualify is fix broken bones.

Reaction score

You're a doctor, Jorbex?
That is so cool.

Reaction score

Wow Justin! You got some mad skillz man. I can't wait to see your St. Patty's cake.

Reaction score

Oh wow !!! Very impressive !
What wouldn't I give to receive such a wonderful cake

Details, details, please !
What's the cake base, what did you use as "pixels" ?
What size is it (the items around the cake give a rough idea)

Reaction score

Thanks guys!

My wife and I love to bake, so naturally we love to use our SW Wilton cake pans from 1980. We own all four of them (Vader, Fett, R2, and C-3PO) and usually make cakes for special occassions for friends and family.

The cake is a standard cake size, meaning we used only one box of cake batter. We added the GG mini busts and Galatic Hero figures for some flair.

There are certain metal cake decorating tips that you use with icing bags to create the "body" of Vader and the outline of his helmet. We experimented with a few different tips to see which ones would work the best. The red icing dye can be found at any local Michael's store or other baking good store.

- Justin

Reaction score

What a fun thread.
Go Satka Go!!

Love the Faleen too!!

Below is my Youtube Link. Not Star Wars related, but all my film endeavors stem directly or indirectly from it. As explained in my profile bio on this site:

" The Canadian NFB film 2187 which contains the "life Force" of Lucas's concept of the force, caused me to enroll in film school. 2187 is referenced in Star Wars and had a great impact on Lucas."

I've added new videos just this week.

Reaction score

Hey guys !

Here's another papercraft I found, in the official site no less !
So if you didn't get the chance (like Jorbex) to actually meet a real one, here's a scaled down Artoo mailbox !

Reaction score

oh i've been meaning to make that.... easy stuff to do???

Reaction score

spookedhippie said:
oh i've been meaning to make that.... easy stuff to do???
Yes, this R2 mailbox is an easy one, a very good way to start papercraft, if you never tried before.
The instructions are clear, and the model is simple.

Now if you're up to something much more difficult (and rewarding), I would suggest this link for example, it contains SW and other Sci-Fi papercraft of varying difficulties

Careful ... this is a very time consuming hobby !

I'm actually in the process of putting up a SW Papercraft website ... it's still in the works !

Reaction score

Hello,

I'm moving in a few weeks to a new place, and I'd like to dedicate my crafting area to ... you know what.

More specifically, I'd like to make it look like Shmi's working area in her slave home on Tatooine.

I'm going to start working on plans, and my sources are for the moment the movie of course, and a "Locations" book describing Anakin's home.

Have you guys come across any other source (blueprints comes to mind) that could help me?
Thanks!

Reaction score

I found this rather nice pic:

And there's a video detailing the construction of Anakin's hovel over at SW.com: link

I found a feature that promises an inmersive experience into Anakin's hovel in SW.com, link, complete with a section on Shmi's workstation, but, annoyingly, I can't see it because my work computer won't allow me to install the plugin.

Apparently, number 14 of the Star Wars Fact File gives details on Anakin's hovel as well, but I must admit I've never seen it myself.

Hope it helps!

Reaction score

Satka said:
... More specifically, I'd like to make it look like Shmi's working area in her slave home on Tatooine.

...I'm going to start working on plans

You're Crazy! And I support the idea 100%.
Can't wait to see the final result.

I wonder if anyone has done a basement bar cantina before?