With EU characters on hiatus, will you be buying older figures?

Reaction score
I've been curious about something and have a question for all the EU fans / collectors...With EU characters on hiatus, will you be buying older figures? Some of the POTF2 EU, SOTE, and concept figures will likely never be updated, so if you don't have them (like me) - any plans to purchase them now? Likewise, if you've skipped certain EU characters over the years, hoping for a better version, will you now buy what already exists?

Reaction score
Was thinking about this alot the last few days. I was a completist, and loved the EU figures we got. Now I understand why Disneys decree was "No More for the time being".
I read that now as "never", for all EU that is now kaput. I had many on my wish list, and see no hope in the future of getting those characters.
I would expect a step up, hopefully, of realistic clone Wars anf Rebels figures. Hopefully, as the Disney canon moves forward, we can see some spots filled with new characters...
I'm expecting prices of some of the better figures to go up. I'm lucky to have gotten a few Jaina and Jacen's of Tungori. I see both are expensive, as is the Exar Kun pack. I'd be jumping on these now if you never got them. I cannot see them ever getting another release. There are only one or two I'd like another go at.... if I have the money I'd probably drop the cash on them. I never got the Bogey Squad pack, for example.
Good post topic. I'm interested In what others think.

Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have all of the EU figures released so far. I may have to take a shot at customizing some of my favorite characters since Hasbro is unlikely to revisit this well anytime soon.

Reaction score
I'm definitely disappointed that some EU characters will likely never be made (or updated), but as a customizer, I suppose I can make some of them myself. The comic pack line really gave us some great figures though, as well as the ones that were released in the basic line(s).

My current issue for example, is that I've always liked the concept of the SOTE Chewbacca as a bounty hunter, I'm just not a fan of the actual figure. The smooth and bulky sculpt just doesn't do it for me. However, the chances of them resculpting this character / outfit with EP VII on the horizon is zero unless he appears in this costume again. I was actually hoping to see this figure updated, along with Luke as Imperial guard, and Leia as a Jedi.

Reaction score
I'm guessing we'll see Leia as a jedi in Episode VII. But, otherwise, I agree that you're probably out of luck with regard to any other EU figures in the future. That is, unless Hasbro would do some sort of Star Wars Legends (or whatever they've rebranded the old EU stuff) sub-line.

Reaction score
Fortunately I already have the POTF era EU figures, the only figure I really need still is Revan!

I just hope their EU hiatus isn't toooo long, or I might have to take a hiatus from SW completely.

Reaction score
Hasbro previewed today a Black Series Darth Malgus, so I guess the EU buisness isn't totally dead, yet. That said, with Disney now in control, they'll want everything sold hence forth to be based on what they own and create. I would imagine soon then that the only way you'll be seeing EU characters in the future is in the form of busts/ statues and from secondary companies.

Reaction score
With Disney putting out a new Star Wars movie every single year, there’s not going to be any space for EU figures in the line, at least not anytime in the next 6+ years.

So in regards to buying older figures I probably won’t. If anything the hiatus just makes me want to hold on to the EU figures I already have. The second-hand market prices for older guys are going to get even more insane!

Reaction score
I am curious about the new Assaj Ventress book, and if they'll allow those old characters with new material to get made? Not that we really need another Assaj or Vos, but if there is a chance. It means other character might have one too.

Reaction score
It appears Ventress will be in her bounty hunter outfit, so that would make a cool figure - but I don't want to see another Vos. The book will be part of the new canon, just like the Maul comics, so its possible. I wish they'd do some Maul comic characters, like Mother Talzin, Nightbrother Viscus, Black Sun, Mandos, etc...

Reaction score
Thankfully I own all (Or most, I can't recall) of the EU figures I want. I went and splurged to get them all a couple of years ago. I won't buy anything not SA (potf), so I guess I'll have to content myself with what I have. EU was always the bread and butter of the 3.75" line for me. And tbh I'm tired of the OT, it's being pushed everywhere that I lost all interest in rehashes of it. I think most of the EU fanbase on Rebelscum have also moved on. I haven't seen Krayt in a while, and Revanfan1 was always everywhere in a 3.75" thread. I would hate to see everything forgotten, but Disney just has that agenda. PT figures were also welcomed in my collection, but that looks like it will stop here too.

Reaction score
I am curious about the new Assaj Ventress book, and if they'll allow those old characters with new material to get made? Not that we really need another Assaj or Vos, but if there is a chance. It means other character might have one too.
I really doubt it unfortunately. Hasbro never really made book characters to begin with, so I don't see why that would change now.

I’m with EnigmaticOne. EU figures were always for me the best parts of the line. When you've been collecting as long as most of the members on this board, you get to a point where you've accumulated way too many cantina/ jabba's palace aliens. EU characters added much needed variety and kept our hobby interesting even during years when there wasn't much SW going on. Without it, in my opinion, the last few years have been some of the lamest ever for 3.75''. And there were only like 3 figures shown at Comic Con that interested me at all. Episode 7 had better be absolutely freaking amazing and blow my mind or else I don’t know if I’ll be able to keep coming back.