Wisconsin - Latest Area Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Point's Walmart must have gotten a few cases of the Jabba/Yavin combination wave. Pegs are actually full, which is not the norm here. Usually 1 case comes in and it is gone in a day.

Target has been dry for a while.

Heading through Appleton, Oshkosk, FDL this weekend. Which TRU has the Unleashed figs, or are both well stocked?

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthRay:
The toy guys at Madison West Walmart "claim" they have ordered Star Wars figures since they stopped receiving them. However, the computer shows the orders are getting cancelled. Their "claim" is they realize the demand exists but are unable to resolve it locally.

Darth Ray
<font size="2" face="arial">Interesting.. It could be that a district manager is killing the orders. I'll have to ask the east side guys. They seem to be more on the ball about stuff like this than the west side guys. Hopefully they can shed some more light on things.

I stopped at Janesville Walmart and it was a similar story. Lots of empty pegs. The TRU down there had a pile of 12" Lukes and 1 Yoda. I really wanted the Ewoks, but alas they were gone.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimpimus Prime:
I stopped at Janesville Walmart and it was a similar story. Lots of empty pegs. The TRU down there had a pile of 12" Lukes and 1 Yoda. I really wanted the Ewoks, but alas they were gone.
<font size="2" face="arial">I've never seen the latest 12" series Yoda. Is he any different than the other 2 Yodas in the series? Rooted hair? Two legs like the Walmart execlusive? Or would poeple just be buying him for the chair?

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Heading through Appleton, Oshkosk, FDL this weekend. Which TRU has the Unleashed figs, or are both well stocked? [/QB][/QUOTE]

FDL Toys R Us had plenty of all three unleashed, as of yesterday afternoon. I can't imagine they are all gone. Most had curled edges on the card, but if you open they will work great.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Ray,

I asked a guy I know that works at the BD Walmart. He said that the lack of toys might be due to the fact that the stores down here switched warehouses not too long ago. Even then, his store has gotten a lot of their orders canceled. However, they did get some of the Yavin wave in about a month ago.

Reaction score
Green Bay TRU - Jabba and Court ultra's

Appleton TRU - Jabba and Court ultra's

Not much else to been seen.

Reaction score
Package arrived from "Lucas Film" today. It contained two patches ("Revenge" & "Return"), 3 Clone Wars promo cards, and a $50 gift certificate.

What a deal, I didn't even originally spend $50 at "StarWarsShop".

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foxer:
Anyone found the Star Destroyer wave yet?
<font size="2" face="arial">Today is the third day in a row that parts of this wave were on the pegs at Madison West Target.

Madison West Walmart put out a case of figures! All older figures, but at least they have something on the pegs now.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Yep, Walmart east also had new figs this morning. I think hell finally froze over.

Target east doesn't have squat.

Reaction score
Can you guys be more specific on which figures are being found on the pegs? Did you actually see a Bossk, Dengar or Ozzel? Some Yavin and Jabba figures are being packed on the same case assortment with them so you could have seen the remnants of an older case.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Wiskman:
Can you guys be more specific on which figures are being found on the pegs? Did you actually see a Bossk, Dengar or Ozzel?
<font size="2" face="arial">Tuesday I found Admiral Ozzel & Bossk. Autobot ("Pimpimus Prime") got the last Dengar.
Yesterday I found only Admiral Ozzel.
Today I found only Dengar & Bossk.

Darth Ray

[ 03-31-2004, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: DarthRay ]

Reaction score
Sh*t!!! Looks like I missed the boat on these. A couple of other local collectors told me these hit Walmarts in the area. Are you guys finding these at Walmarts or Targets? Maybe I'll have a second chance at Target. Otherwise, it'll be a few weeks before these stores receive their follow-up shipments.

Reaction score
Found the Bossk wave at Wal-Mart east in Madison this morning. This is the first batch of figures they have gotten in several weeks.

Ted

Reaction score
Eau Claire Wal-Mart got in one case of the Bossk Dengar Ozzel wave tonight (actually at 2AM), and I picked up the new trio for myself and Micro Doc. Off to check Menomoniee Wal-Mart!

Reaction score
Nothing at Menomoniee last night, but on a return trip to Eau Claire Wal-Mart, they put out 3 more cases of Ozzel/Bossk/Dengar, so picked up my opener set and a set for SkinnyRob in NY.

Reaction score
Madison West Target does CLEARANCE!

Hailfires, Jedi Starfighters, and Geonesian Fighters all $10 each.
They are going FAST.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Fast is an understatement...

That girl at the checkout probably had a good laugh. Three grown men, each with a pile of toys.

Reaction score
Stevens Point Target stocked Obi-Wan, Jango and Jabba Ultra figures tonight. Had pleanty of Obi and Maul Cups. No basic figs though. One Jedi Starfighter on clearance for $13

Wal-Mart- Nothing new. Still pretty full of the Jabba/Yavin combo wave.

Wisconsin Rapids- Same as Point's Wal-Mart. Shopko- OLD STUFF!!!

Reaction score
Silver Clone Troopers arrived from Amazon TODAY!
They were well packaged and minty.

Skipping the "buy something I don't want to get the free figure" game tomorrow.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Toys R Us (Geoffrey's) in Fond du Lac has 1 case of the "free" Silver Clonetroopers. Compare this to the last R2-D2 give-away where they had 4 cases. I think this Clonetrooper might be a little harder to find. Maybe Toysrus.com is hoarding them all this time around.

The figure itself is silly (as far as loose collectors are concerned). You could easily make one yourself with a Clonetrooper figure and a can of silver spraypaint. The Vader and R2 were much better. This Clonetrooper paintjob is more like the Boba Fett from last year.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Yeah, the Madison west TRU supposedly has 60 of them somewhere in the store. Oddly enough, they can't find them. It makes me think someone ran out the back with them. They were giving out rainchecks though.

Other than the latest wave of Unleashed, I had a hard time finding $14.99 worth of stuff to buy. You'd think TRU would stock up better for a promotion like this.

Reaction score
I made the Appleton/FDL run today. TRU Appleton had a fresh case of Unleashed so I picked up a couple with nice cards. They also had the box of silver troopers on the floor so you could pick through them. FDL had a nice assortment of basic figures, but nothing more recent that the Yavin wave. FDL had the troppers behind the service desk and even after asking for a better card, I still got a creased one after further inspection in the car... oh well...Picked up stuff I was goint to buy anyways and got a couple of troopers in the process. Some of the ones I saw in the box though were pretty beat up!

It was a nice day for a drive

Reaction score
GB Walmarts are all old stuff.

De Pere walmart - Clone wars figs (wave 1)

GB TRU - Not much for figs. Silver Trooper on the shelf. Went through over 1/2 to get a decent one.

Reaction score
TRU east in Madison got in three cases of the Silver Clone Troopers. Since they were allowing you to just buy them, I did. There just wasn't anything else that I wanted. Most were in terrible shape, but there were enough good ones to choose from.

Reports indicate that the west side store didn't get any. I bet they went out the back door.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimpimus Prime:
Yeah, the Madison west TRU supposedly has 60 of them somewhere in the store. Oddly enough, they can't find them. It makes me think someone ran out the back with them. They were giving out rainchecks though.
<font size="2" face="arial">I got called at work this afternoon. They finally "found" them this afternoon. They had one at the desk with my name on it. I only saw about a case worth at the desk. Nothing on the pegs.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Plenty of Clonetroopers left at TRU Appleton.

Also...as of 5:30pm tonight, Wal-Mart Appleton (West) had two Tanus Spijeks on the pegs. In other words, Wal-Marts around the Fox Valley got in "new" cases...not the Star Destroyer wave, but the Super-Peg-Warming Yavin wave.

Go get those Spijeks!

I should add that as of this weekend about 8 Tanus Spijeks were cherry picked from the pegs of Geoffrey's Fond du Lac. Dutch, TIE Pilot, Dodonna, and Antilles (at least 12-14 of each) were there in force...but no Spijeks. Hmmm...

Aaron.

Reaction score
Yeah, I picked up my Clonetrooper after work. They tried pawning off some beatup/crushed figure on me. After digging through the case, I found a halfway decent one. All I've been hearing is how badly these things are crushed/bent/smashed. wtf is up with Hasbro? Their child laborers on strike? Have to hire the apes from the Samsonite commercials?

Reaction score
I got my two silver clone troopers from amazon/tru yesterday and both were in great shape.

I was one of the guys that got two of the Tanus from Geoffreys in FDL. I already had enough of the others. Now if I could only find J'Quille and last years Emperor.

Jeff

Reaction score
Marshfield Target finally updated with a few deluxe figures. Repackaged Jango Fett and Obi Won showed up as well as about 6 Jabba The Hutts. Nothing new at Walmart.

Reaction score
Madison West Target drops the clearance price on the leftover 3-Packs to $4.98

(All are available except the "Yaddle" 3-Pack)

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Madison West TRU had a few of the new X-Wings on the shelf Thursday.

I skipped it. Its missing the droid and the new pilot looked "wrong". It seemed small and not special in any way.

My prediction: I'll pick one up on clearance in two years.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Damn, I guess I chose the wrong day to go out of town. There weren't any X-wings left this afternoon when I stopped.

Reaction score
The Madison east TRU had 4 of the X-Wings this afternoon. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $30 on it. I bought some TF's instead.

Reaction score
"Hall of Fame" assortment at Madison West Target?

There were 12 re-tread figures on the shelf this morning. (Vader, Maul, Yoda, Stormtrooper, Anakin, Leia, ...) I assume this is the "Hall of Fame" assortment.

I left them all. I spent too much at Target already this month. I would much rather have another Hailfire droid for $10 than another C-3PO and R2-D2.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Finally...

Wal-Mart Oshkosh received one case of the Dengar/Bossk/Admiral Ozzel wave this morning. The figures all look great, but I question the lack of at least one Tanus Spejek, or J'Quille in the case.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Hey all.

I've found the Star Destroyer wave at both my local K-Marts (of all places). Not only that, after they sold out at one store they were restocked within a day. Might be worth a look.

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthRay:
There were 12 re-tread figures on the shelf this morning. (Vader, Maul, Yoda, Stormtrooper, Anakin, Leia, ...) I assume this is the "Hall of Fame" assortment.
<font size="2" face="arial">I can see reissuing some of the older figs, like C3PO or even Hoth Chewie.. but why bring back AOTC Anakin and Yoda? Those things are still warming shelves at some KBToys and TRU's.

The pessimist in me sees stores getting a lot of this wave and them sitting on the pegs for months.

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking for the last 3 waves of figures, head over to Kmart Oshkosh. They have plenty of the "Yavin", "Star Destroyer", and "Jabba's Palace" waves. I even saw a Tanus hiding way in the back (no J'Quille unfortunately).

Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.