Wisconsin - Latest Area Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
La Crosse Target got in the first two collectors cup sets today. They actually display pretty nice. Still have yet to find toon Yoda, or Clonetrooper though.

Reaction score
target oshkosh had the collector cups tonight. one obi wan and two darth mauls. i left both. not sure if i'll get them or not. probably will...

Reaction score
Originally posted by facehammer:
target oshkosh had the collector cups tonight. one obi wan and two darth mauls. i left both. not sure if i'll get them or not. probably will...
<font size="2" face="arial">They were still there today so I picked up one of each. They also have another case in the stockroom if the shelf is empty.

Note to loose collectors...the Obi-Wan and Darth Maul figures are IDENTICAL to their earlier carded counterparts. I compared these two "new" figures with the POTJ Obi-Wan and the Tatooine Darth Maul and there is no difference. This is just a warning to those who are planning on opening these. Regardless, the cups are great. They're made from pretty high-quality plastic. No breaking in the dishwasher this time (Those who had the original "Burger King" glasses know what I mean).

Aaron.

Reaction score
Target tonight:

Here's what's left

Capt Antillies (1 card small bend, 1 card large bend fyi cmdrworf)

1 Lando,1 Holo Luke,2 Tie Fighter Pilot,2 gold leader,2 Dodanna

Ultras: Obi-Wan and Jango Kamino (1 each) 1 Jabba

Reaction score
Remnans of the Yavin wave at Target in Pewaukee and the Jabba wave in Brookline. Also, the "new" Jango and Obi-wan ultras. Hope these keep showing up, I might finally get Spijek.

Lots of Clone Wars II at all our Targets. All four figs.

Reaction score
And another thing...

Anyone seen the glasses on the shelves? I haven't. I picked up a set on Saturday by asking for them from the back room, but haven't seen any since.

Reaction score
I found a Jabba the Hutt today at Target in Marshfield, otherwise nothing else new. The Han Hoth wave is here

Reaction score
Target West in Madison had the new Jango Fett and Obi-Wan Ultra figures this morning with a fresh case of Jabba Wave figures. Which is the NEWer alien? J-Quille or Tanus Spijek?

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Target west in Madison had the Kamino Showdown deluxes this morning. I say HAD because someone snagged em minutes before I got there. Hopefully Ray got em not some scalper.

It looks like they also got in a case or two of the TIE Fighter wave, but according to the girl at the counter, some guy bought most of them this morning too.

Grrrr... Grr....

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthRay:
Which is the NEWer alien? J-Quille or Tanus Spijek?
<font size="2" face="arial">J-Quile has been shipping since mid-January. Tanus Spijek has only been in this "Yavin" case and is the newer figure.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Anyway...Lot's of new things around the Fox Valley this morning. Mainly (as you've probably guessed) the Yavin wave at Target (Appleton, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac). These Targets also had the "new" Ultra Jango and Obi-Wan figures. Remember that these are the same figures collecting dust in every area Shopko. They are just in different packaging. Still, they're a little cheaper at Target (in the new packaging).

The new figures all look great, but I would imagine these will start to warm the pegs soon. I can't imagine kids having any idea who these characters are.

BTW: Doesn't Jan Dodonna look like he's throwing down some gang signs?

Aaron.

Reaction score
Ray, you were right. Target west just had the Tatooine wave. Target east had about 3 more cases of them this afternoon. Plenty of figs to go around. They also had their "scenes" on clearance for $13.98.

TRU east had about 10 Jabbas this afternoon along with whatever else is in the that assortment. Thats the first time I've seen Jabba at TRU.

Reaction score
Target Fdl had 2 sets of the first wave of collector cups on the shelf this morning, if anyone is still looking for them.

Has anyone seen the last wave of 12in. figures, Jawas, Biker Scout etc. lately? Madison, Appleton? I kept waiting for them to show up in Fdl but no luck.

Reaction score
Target in Marshfield has two sets of the Darth Maul and Obi collectors cups sitting on the shelves under the peg action figures as of this morning.

Reaction score
TRU west in Madison had the latest wave of Unleashed figs. The Clonetrooper was gone, but they had Hoth Luke and "Crazy Chewie" when I stopped after work. Chewie really doesn't look that bad in person.

Reaction score
Stevens Point Target has 2 sets of the glasses again (Obi and Maul) Scenes are clearance for around $14 on the end of the isles. Wal-Mart nothing.

Reaction score
Madison West Target put out glasses on the shelf for the first time. There were two sets sitting out this morning.

They are still reloading the 3-Pack scenes. They are clearanced to $10 each. I believe all 4 scenes are still available.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
The new Wal-mart in neenah had about 5 jabba's left this morning and the entire jabba wave.

Reaction score
Stevens Point Walmart just restocked a full case of the yavin wave. Im up to date on the regular figs now. Just need the new ultra's. Any difference in the new obi/jango from the prev deluxe figs?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if stores are still recieving Jabba's Palace waves? Still looking for J'Quille, and our WalMart in Eau Claire seems to be only getting Yavin cases.

Reaction score
Originally posted by cmdrworf:
Any difference in the new obi/jango from the prev deluxe figs?
<font size="2" face="arial">As far as I know, the only difference is the packaging.

Target west in Madison (finally) got in a few cases of the Yavin wave. Unfortunately, it looked like someone did an Irish jig on most of the figures since the cards and/or bubbles were mangled.

What? Walmart getting new figures??

Reaction score
Wal-Mart Oshkosh received 4 new cases of the "Yavin" wave last night and that would mean 4 Tanus Spijeks...right? Wrong. He was the only figure missing out of that wave. I understand that he's going for $45 on ebay...buy c'mon people, he's going to ship in future cases. Anyway, if you need any of the other Yavin figures or the Jabba wave head on over to Wal-Mart.

Oh...and if you're reading this Mr. Greaseball (you know who you are)...I found the last Tanus Spijek right were you hid it. Try harder next time and remember to bring $4.77 so you can buy the figure instead of hiding it.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Target West Madison this morning was loaded with NEW figures. The pegs were completely full!

Multiple cases of Yavin wave and Jabba wave were present.

I finally found my Tanus.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention a few things I saw this week that might be helpful...

Toys R Us in Appleton and Fond du Lac each received two cases of the Jabba Ultra wave. This is the case with Jabba/Court Denizens/Wampa. There was no room on the shelf, so I would suspect these stores still have these cases in the back.

Also, the same TRU's have plenty of Chewbacca/Luke X-Wing/Clonetrooper Unleashed figures. I've never seen so many figures from one wave sit around on the pegs since Darth Maul/Jango Fett a few years ago.

The Darth Maul/Obi-Wan Kenobi collector cups are starting to stack up at every area Target. I hope the last three aren't hard to find (Anakin, Leia Slave, and Luke X-Wing).

The Ultra Jango and Ultra Obi-Wan are the EXACT same figures and accessories that were packaged as "Deluxe" figures last Summer. The only difference (of course) is the packaging.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Originally posted by heybtbm:

Oh...and if you're reading this Mr. Greaseball (you know who you are)...I found the last Tanus Spijek right were you hid it. Try harder next time and remember to bring $4.77 so you can buy the figure instead of hiding it.
<font size="2" face="arial">Score one for the good guys. I got my Spijek yesterday at the Delafield Wal-mart. Looks like they put out 1 case of Yavin figs.

Reaction score
Madison east TRU is literally overflowing with Jabba's. They also had two sets of the Obi/Jango Ultras.

Neither Target nor Walmart had any new figs as of 12 noon.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimpimus Prime:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by DarthRay:
<font size="2" face="arial">You grab the one with the weird "nipple"? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">And what does that mean? Did I miss something with this figure? (I've been telling my boys Tanus Spijek and J'Quille were twin brothers.)

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthRay:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by Pimpimus Prime:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="arial">Originally posted by DarthRay:
<font size="2" face="arial">You grab the one with the weird "nipple"? </font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">And what does that mean? Did I miss something with this figure? (I've been telling my boys Tanus Spijek and J'Quille were twin brothers.)

Darth Ray
</font>[/QUOTE]<font size="2" face="arial">When I showed the figure to my four year old, his response was "Why does he have boobies?" I couldn't help but laugh, but until he pointed this out I hadn't noticed. As Yoda said "From the mind of children..." or something like that.

As far as all the Unleashed hanging on the pegs, I wonder if it's because all the card backs have rolled edges. I haven't seen any that I would even consider "near-mint"

Reaction score
And what does that mean? Did I miss something with this figure? (I've been telling my boys Tanus Spijek and J'Quille were twin brothers.)

Darth Ray [/QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">lol.. when I stopped at Target this morning the one Tanus they had out there had "birth defect". I didn't want a Tanus with one black boob.

Reaction score
I thought the Unleashed Leia was revealing, Tanus is even more... if you're an Elom. Maybe female Eloms go for that kind of look? I digress...

Was suprised to see tha Shopko (Point)had 2 Jabba Ultra figures on the shelf, (it's not even July yet
) Of course they were $14 a piece and I had already picked mine up from Target. For basic figures only a couple of 2003 peg warmers.

Good to here about the bountiful Unleashed figs. At least I'll have something to buy for the TRU Silver Clone Trooper deal in April. Last special they ran(buy1 get 1), there was nothing on the shelves to buy.

Reaction score
Hey aaron - i've tried contacting you a few times but you havent responded. Just wondering if you still were willing to take scans of those figures for me. Also, anyone currently selling large collections, I'm buying at this time.

Reaction score
Target west in Madison had two more Tanus figures out this morning. Like most of the figures at that store, both were pretty beat up.

Walmart west still has nothing new as far as Star Wars goes. Makes me wonder if they're planning on restocking like other Walmarts. Oh well.. plenty of Transformers to buy instead.

Reaction score
Anyone found the Star Destroyer wave yet? I heard they were showing up in the Chicago area, but I haven't seen anything. All my local Walmarts have ZERO figs.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foxer:
Anyone found the Star Destroyer wave yet? I heard they were showing up in the Chicago area, but I haven't seen anything. All my local Walmarts have ZERO figs.
<font size="2" face="arial">Join the club. Neither the east nor west side Walmarts in Madison have gotten any new figs in months. It really surprises me how crappy the distribution is. They get in a few cases and they're gone within a day or two. You'd think they'd order more... nope. There's plenty of non-selling toys like Beyblade and Yugioh though.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimpimus Prime:
Join the club. Neither the east nor west side Walmarts in Madison have gotten any new figs in months. It really surprises me how crappy the distribution is. They get in a few cases and they're gone within a day or two. You'd think they'd order more... nope. There's plenty of non-selling toys like Beyblade and Yugioh though.
<font size="2" face="arial">The toy guys at Madison West Walmart "claim" they have ordered Star Wars figures since they stopped receiving them. However, the computer shows the orders are getting cancelled. Their "claim" is they realize the demand exists but are unable to resolve it locally.

Darth Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.