Wisconsin - Latest Area Reports...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Walmart Appleton (by Fox River Mall) had one case of TIE Bombers last night. All six are still remaining on a pallet since they do not have a spot by the Star Wars section ready.

Aaron.
The Wisconsin Star Wars Collectors Page

[ 01-21-2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: heybtbm ]

Reaction score
Fond du Lac Wal-Mart also has the Tie Bombers.
Top shelf on the opposite side of the other SW figures. They also recieved more Trash Compactor set. Bottom shelf below the figures. Target and Geoffrey's nothing new.

G

WalMart Darboy (Appleton East) - I noticed a new stock of Collection 1, Wave 7 (Destroyer Droid, Clone Pilot, Jango Pilot,...)

no Yodas left though (as of 5PM Friday)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Originally posted by OCB:

You could switch the title of this thread to Wisconsin Finds though![/QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">Done and done.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Walmart Appleton (West) still has plenty of TIE Bombers on the shelf. They had 7 as of last night.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Walmart and Target in Fond du Lac each have 2 Ephant Mon's on the pegs. This is only the 2nd time I've seen Ephant Mon at retail.

Aaron.

G

Walmart east (Darboy) has a few Yoda Jedi Councils in stock if anybody missed him the first time around.

Has anyone seen any sales in the area? I keep reading about these amazing Target sales that never seem to happen...

[ 01-31-2003, 12:03 AM: Message edited by: oversoul ]

G

I made the complete Appleton circuit today (Monday, 12 - 1PM) - nothing new at any Appleton stores (Target E&W, Walmart E&W, TRU, Shopko). I was at Walmart West on Friday (late afternoon) - I must've just missed the new Padme case.

Picked up Jango Unleashed for $5 at Walmart East...sweet. Walmart West has Imperial Officer and Zam Wessel 12" for $10. I'm sure everyone's heard K-mart is closing - all toys 20% off lowest price (12" for about $13) but not much left, unless you're working on your Mace Arena troop building!

Any inside word on more Padme wave arrivals?

[ 02-03-2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: oversoul ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by oversoul:

Any inside word on more Padme wave arrivals?
<font size="2" face="arial">Well I can tell you to skip Walmart Oshkosh all together. I found out today why they haven't received any of the new figures. They aren't getting any more toy shipments since they're closing at their current location. I guess Walmart plans on clearancing out all of their remaining stock and will stock the new Super Walmart with all new product. I don't understand, but whatever.

Basically it's bad timing everywhere as far as the new figures are concerned. Target Oshkosh is full of old figures and has a case of the Ephant Mon or Padme wave backstocked since the "Collection 2" pegs are completely full of old figures.

Walmart Berlin just received a whole load of April 23rd Saga figures...meaning no new figures will be stocked (assuming they even get them) until the old ones sell. This recent arrival of Obi-Wan (Coruscant), R2-D2, Padme (Arena),Kit Fisto, Anakin (Tatooine...easily 15+ of them), etc...is bizzare. It makes me think someone dumped their collection or personal overstock at the store.

Kmart, Shopko...enough said.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Walmart West in Appleton has $10.00 12"ers and still more TIE Bombers.

TRU Appleton had all of the newest wave of 12"ers; Padme, Anakin, and Geonosian Warrior on the shelf as of yesterday afternoon.

Aaron.

G

Sorry for the tardiness of my reply - I couldn't make it to my computer 'til now.

WALMART EAST (darboy) got the new '03 Dooku and Obi Wave Yesterday. When I left, there were 2 Obi's and 4 Dooku's left (about 2:00PM).

I'm sure they're gone by now (sorry) - but at least it's a good sign the new stuff is finally arriving in the area.

I must say the Dooku(Tyrannus) is one of my favorites yet - great pose, sensible articulation and an action feature that doesn't ruin the figure. The online preview photos don't do him justice...Obi is decent but a "one trick" pony.

G

oh - for anyone who managed to grab an Obi this weekend, is it just me or is the action feature completely worthless? I mean, rivaling the infamous 'Jedi Power Kick'?! I basically sit the figs on a shelf, but it's still disappointing to see such a poorly implemented feature.

What's kinda cool is that the 'action' arm twists at the joint, allowing for a few slightly different poses, but the pouch button just makes the arm jiggle a little - an early production defect perhaps? lemme know...

[ 02-09-2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: oversoul ]

Reaction score
well, it's nice to know that the new figs are turning up around here, but I've yet to see one! NOT ONE! Wisconsin stores are starting to become frustrating.

Reaction score
TRU Appleton had a case of their exclusive 12" Leia Boushh with Carbonite Block today. The Leia looks absolutely terrible. If you have the old KB 3-pack version...hang on to it. This one is just awful. The Carbonite block is bizarre as well...the 1998 Target version if far superior.

Aaron.

Reaction score
I'd also like to mention this Saturday will mark 2 monthis since I've found a new figure at retail.

Reaction score
where in the good god is appleton ??

i've never even seen the POTJ tie bomber at a store.
have yet to see any new figures ( '03 )
any ships, ( republic gunship, tie bomber )
any new 12" except for crapping out a jawa 12" anakin

and STILL havent seen a holiday 2 pack.

madison is bad for new stuff.
with the exception of toys r us.

one lucky day i went to toys r us, 9 am. roughly a month ago or maybe alittle more.
they had 1 clean endor rebel soldier, and 2 Ephant Mon,

G

Even though I was lucky enough to grab two '03 figures, its frustrating and hard to believe that any new stock of SW 3-3/4" is gone in a matter of hours. I'm fairly new at collecting, still I would never 'stock-up' by buying 2 or 3 of the same figure - is this the devious work of scalpers or opportunistic stock-boys? Seriously, I'm curious to hear what you've heard/seen...

x-Jango: Walmart Appleton East (Darboy off 441) has 2 Tie-bombers in stock as of 10PM last night.

[ 02-14-2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: oversoul ]

Reaction score
Originally posted by oversoul:
Even though I was lucky enough to grab two '03 figures, its frustrating and hard to believe that any new stock of SW 3-3/4" is gone in a matter of hours. I'm fairly new at collecting, still I would never 'stock-up' by buying 2 or 3 of the same figure - is this the devious work of scalpers or opportunistic stock-boys? Seriously, I'm curious to hear what you've heard/seen...

x-Jango: Walmart Appleton East (Darboy off 441) has 2 Tie-bombers in stock as of 10PM last night.
<font size="2" face="arial">i don't really understand what you mean by what i've seen or heard?

about people buying new stuff ?

G

it was just a general question to everyone here - is scalping/hoarding a problem in the area?

I'm both new to the area and new to collecting, so I was curious to hear how local collectors fealt about the difficulty of finding the new figures. I know Aaron (heybtbm)usually has a good inside scoop or two...

Reaction score
im not really sure of the "scalping" that goes on in madison. i know some people scalp the hell out of stores, TRU, wal-mart, target. bought all the new stuff as soon as it came it, then turned around to jack the prices on ebay.

its crap,

but at least some of you guys have seen the tie bomber in a store. i havent been able to find one yet. i've seen 2 deluxe clone troopers w/ speeder bikes, about 10 flying geonosian, a few flipping anakins, 4 trash compactor sets (2 of each)

but nothing new since i picked up my clone pilot, yoda, and destroyer droid over a month ago.

its half the reason i like target, they limit how much of a "collectible" item you can purchase.
which is nice so it makes it a little easier to find something there.

there needs to be a store in WI that has a connection with hasbro to order cases to sell.
if i had the money i'd open a store in madison and keep it plenty stocked.

Reaction score
Originally posted by x-Jango-x:
[QB]madison is bad for new stuff.
with the exception of toys r us.
QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">When I lived in Madison, I found everything I wanted. My secret was Walmart West at around 3:30am. I had to go to work at 4, and I would stop there on the way. Also, Madison has a lot of little towns nearby in the surrounding area...look around the outside of the city. You will be rewarded more often than not.

Aaron.

Reaction score
Originally posted by x-Jango-x:
there needs to be a store in WI that has a connection with hasbro to order cases to sell.
if i had the money i'd open a store in madison and keep it plenty stocked.
<font size="2" face="arial">There is...it's called Brians Toy's. Brian Smeling from Fountain City (near La Crosse). He gets cases direct from Hasbro and charges $25 - $30 a piece for new figures. Don't believe me:

www.brianstoys.com

Reaction score
thats way up north though.

i need something closer to madison.

i also refuse to order anything from there due to outrageous prices ( $109.00 for a POTF2 y-wing )

Reaction score
I don't believe the problem is scalpers either. Since I moved here 8 months ago, I've found next to nothing!! Scalpers couldn't be buying that much product off the floor, unless it's never making it to floors!! Since flea markets aren't big up here and there aren't any comic stores that specialize in SW, i find it hard to believe it's all going to ebay. ebay's actually a lot of work, and I've found most scalpers don't want to work real hard. Plus their is no guarantee that you'll make enough money for it to be worth the effort.

My other complaint is how rude everyone I've dealt with in the toy dept.'s are around here. Wal-Marts are by far the worst!!! I go in the same wal-mart everyday, and see the same toy dept employees, yet they still treat me like i virus! I rarely even bother asking them a question.

My one big score was finding the pilot's (Jango,Padme, etc.) case when they showed up in Madison back in October. But the problem was they had been showing up everywhere else around the country for 2 months. I just think the distribution systems for these stores in Wis. sucks!!!

I should be thankful though, I did find the Holiday two packs here in Fond du Lac, which several places around the country never seem to have recieved.

Currently I'm depending on friends back in Dallas, Tx to locate and send me the new figures.
I have to pay shipping and risk them getting damaged but it beats waiting 2-3 months.

I'm beginning to feel like Luke on Tatooine, "If there's a bright spot in the universe, this is the farthest point from it."

My only advice is hang in there, and work together and maybe we can all find what were looking for.

Reaction score
some people need to get off their lazy ***** and get a job. rather than going around and buying everything before anyone else can.

and something really needs to happen with job openings. its pitiful, filled out 15+ apps and handed them in, 2 interviews, no calls back, no responses when i call.

Reaction score
Believe it or not, our recent drought has nothing to do with scalpers in my opinion. Sure, they exist and annoy the rest of us from time to time…but in this instance I blame the stores themselves. Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart, TRU, and Shopko have not received more than a case or two between them in the last 2 months. This is the reason we see the same peg-warmers day after day. I'd love to blame this on scalpers…I still see them every day. However, as of late they are going away empty-handed just like I am.

To tell you the truth, I'm getting tired of looking for new figures and coming up empty. This is nothing new around here…believe me. It's just getting more and more irritating. I'm starting to loose interest in this hobby for the first time in 8 years. It's not a money or space issue…In the past two years, I've sold 95% of my old Star Wars collection. Now I contain my entire collection in two medium-sized Rubbermaid containers. As for money, I have a simple collecting policy…I just collect 1 of every figure, loose. So I guess the only other reason I can think of is boredom. Two months of an ongoing SW figure drought will do that to you.

Aaron.
The Wisconsin Star Wars Collectors Page.

Reaction score
FINALLY...Walmart Appleton (West) had one case of the latest Collection 2 wave on Saturday. The case ratio was:

2 Padme Amidala (Factory Chase)
2 Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp Ambush)
1 SP-4 / JN-66 (Research Droids)
2 Eeth Koth
2 Teebo
2 Rebel Trooper
1 Imperial Officer

I left 1 Padme, 1 Tusken Raider, 1 Rebel Trooper, and both of the Teebo's and Eeth Koth's. I'd bet they're still there right now.

This Walmart has now eliminated one of the two peg columns for Star Wars figures and replaced it with "Justice League" figures. This "Super" Walmart can now hold a maximum of 20 or so figures on the pegs and that's it. It'll be pretty hard to find new product on the shelves unless they rearrange soon.

More info at: http://members.aol.com/heybtbm/index.html

Aaron.

Reaction score
Just my luck, I make my first trip to Appleton in 2 months, and miss ne figures. I was there around 2:00 pm and they hap nothing new out. Guess i should have asked! Oh wait i did, and they said they had "nothing else, just what's on the shelf." As usual, gotta love those helpful Wal-Mart employees!!

Oh well, the search continues!!

Reaction score
Originally posted by barenakedleia's:
[QB]Just my luck, I make my first trip to Appleton in 2 months, and miss new figures.QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">Don't feel bad. I found them about 12 hours after you were there, around 1:30am (Sunday) to be exact. My wife and I happened to be on the way home from Appleton and decided to stop by at the last minute.

Aaron.

Reaction score
FDL walmart finally put something new out to keep their pegwarmers company today. New Yoda w/chair, destroyer droid and some clone pilots. Only 2 months late!

Strange thing was everyone of them has a severly creased card. If your an opener not bed. But now I'm sure these will clutter up the two rows of SW figures for a while and keep them from putting new stuff out.

Reaction score
Originally posted by barenakedleia's:
[QB]FDL walmart finally put something new out to keep their pegwarmers company today. New Yoda w/chair, destroyer droid and some clone pilots. QB]
<font size="2" face="arial">This was the case with the new Obi-Wan and Count Dooku.

Reaction score
i'd like to get a new destroyer droid to open.
but i can't find any around madison.

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything in Madison in a long time though when the new figures were arriving I did manage to find everything on the shelves, no need to buy off ebay or from an online shop. I was in Oshkosh over the weekend and found clearanced legos, Ewok attack, twin pod cloud car, tusken encounter, and the qui-gon half of the jedi defense sets. They also had 2 Jango Slave I's for 12 bucks each. I'm headed out to the stores around town here tonight and I'll let you guys know if I do actually see anything new, unlikely as that seems.

Hey, has anybody seen a clearanced Arena or Gunship? I'm still looking and it's killing me!

Reaction score
Where in Oshkosh did you find Slave 1 for $12? If this is the Lego version...that's quite a deal.

Aaron.

Reaction score
It was the Kmart in Oshkosh. Regular Slave I for 12 bucks, they had the Lego for 25 I think. I didn't pick one up so I don't really remember.

[ 02-18-2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Sith_Lord_Cptn_Winkee ]

Status
Not open for further replies.