Wisconsin Collectors Collection Pics

Reaction score

Well, there you have it. This is most of my stuff. I still have a bunch of vintage Joes and Star Wars in my parents attic that will be retrieved shortly.

(and there are many more micronauts in a couple bins... curse of the multiple Battle Cruisers and how to display them)

Reaction score
Uhm... whoa... that's... WOW... dang
Okay that's a lotta stuff! Have to save that and show it to my ma when she gets on my case when I bring a few more items in hehe 'so you think I have a lot of Star Wars stuff...?'

Reaction score
I try to thank my wife as often as possible for letting me do this, and for getting my own room to boot!

Reaction score
Dude, that rocks! I wish I had more stuff displayed like your Jabba scene. I have a display on top of my projection TV, otherwise most stuff is in boxes right now until I get a bigger place...

Reaction score
Sadly, that's not all of them either. I was running out of room so I packed up the Armada and Energon stuff. I have a lot more MIB stuff in storage too.

Reaction score
Here's what I had going on before the remodel:

Basically, 6 Bookshelves, 1 for each movie. Life was good.

After the remodel (we did about half the basement - I, of coarse, got to keep the back, unfinished half) - I had room for more bookcases - BUT Home Depot stopped carrying the model I was using ([censored]) and being almost completely anal, I couldn't just have mismatched cases. After a long look (everywhere) I settled on the Ikea Billy shelves. I only have 2 so far. I would have more if it weren't so far away (I plan on getting #3 next Tuesday). Same thinking, one case per movie and a few extra, though one will be for Clone Wars. I did recently abandon the tiered set up for the single shelf look. It does allow me to display more figures, but to tell the truth I'm not sold on it yet (that's why the shelf supports aren't painted yet). Which do you guys prefer?

Reaction score
Wow, Facehammer!! That is one sweet room!! The mix of SW, Transformers and Joes is great. And thanks for the photos of the ceiling--I've now got a better idea of how I can work that into my room.

Reaction score
INDY -I LOVE the collection. The white bookshelves work very well and show the figs prominently. The 'simplicity' really works. I think both the tiered way and the way you have it now are just fine. While the tiered way is nice, I'd say stick to whatever gives you the maximum display area. Any problem with dust over the years?

Again, great display! I would like to see some vintage items in that type of display, possibly with a yellow background to show it off a bit. Haha...can't help it. Do you have any vintage stuff?

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes, there is some vintage stuff from when I was a kid, but it's boxed at this point. Maybe when I get more shelves it will come out.

Really, the basement doesn't get too dusty. I one of those synthetic dusters which I will use if I see dust accumulating. I do windex all the shelves every few months.

BTW, I have my good friends at The Glass Shoppe in Kenosha cut the shelves for me (shameless plug). Ikea sells glass shelves for thier bookcases (@$5), and the smaller shelves cost about the same.

Reaction score
Pimpimus_Prime said:
I don't have any pictures of my Star Wars stuff, but here are the Transformers I have on display in my office:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/forums/transformers-collection-t24664.html

They're from November so some of them are kind of out of date.
Hey Prime, is that Jango Fett a wall cling or is it a statue? Looks pretty cool, I don't remember seeing that last time I viewed the shrine.

Reaction score
Zamps said:
Hey Prime, is that Jango Fett a wall cling or is it a statue? Looks pretty cool, I don't remember seeing that last time I viewed the shrine.
It's one of those cardboard standups. I got it from a friend whose wife worked at a video game store. Her store got that for some promotion and it ended up at my house.

Its still in my office but its kinda buried behind the soda machine and a few boxes of Star Wars figures.

btw.. has anyone found a decent way to display carded figures on a wall? I've got like 9 years worth of figures in storage and I'd like to put them out.

Reaction score
I've seen this a few times, two main ways were done. The first, and probably cheapest/easiest used pegboard and hooks just like a store. You can pick up white pegboard at any home improvement store, small peghooks as well. There is also fancier pegboard available if you wanted to spend more. Actually, I was thinking of a way it could be done WITH the standard white shelving you already have. That would allow you to keep the shelves AND peg carded figures behind that. Use the already existing shelf brackets to support the pegboard. Line up the board, cut out small notches for the brackets and simply slide the board on. Then put the shelves back. You may need to put in a screw on two into the shelf wall support, but it shouldn't be to difficult.

Second was a guy who ran, I guess you would call it, finishing molding as a support for the bottom of the card and leaned the cards back against the wall. I would assume some of the bigger figures would lean forward. I've also seen this used with a piece of fishing line strung across the middle of the cards to keep them flush against the wall and stop them from falling. I've also seen a second piece of molding used along the top of the card creating a 'runner'? to slide the carded figures into for display.

There is already a section for display in almost every main catagory on the threads. Take some time to look through all of them, even for lines you may not collect. You can get a lot of good ideas there.

****Sorry, it was Facehammer that has the standard wall shelving I saw earlier.

Reaction score
Pimpimus_Prime said:
btw.. has anyone found a decent way to display carded figures on a wall? I've got like 9 years worth of figures in storage and I'd like to put them out.

I used these. They work awesome, and come off the wall without leaving a mark. 3M Command Hooks, small, 20 pack:

Reaction score
...uh, yeah...there's always the simple way as well...

Reaction score
Pimpimus_Prime said:
I was using pushpins, but I like StrangeDasein's suggestion.

Reaction score
Indy, I love both of your displays. The tiers really look neat, but space is probably more important. Either way, they are awesome. I wish I had the space to do something like that...

Reaction score
I'm diggin' Indy's display... Looks very museum-esque. With fantastic spacing etc... I'd love to do that if I had the space. (but I don't yet and therefore I've smashed everybody together. If anyone falls down... hours of set up time to follow. I shudder to think)

Reaction score
Here is the ewok and droids part of my collection. I can post my other sections later...

Reaction score
As much as I like collection pics, I really like the themed collection pics. Can you go wrong with droids? Nope. Well done! (the R2 with removable dome is awesome)

Reaction score
R2SG said:
Here is the ewok and droids part of my collection. I can post my other sections later...
Holy crap, dude, that's a lot of R2-D2's! I wonder if Dustin has more. I know he solely collects R2...

Reaction score
I really should try and get an Ewok village again. Probably one of the few items from my vintage stuff I really regret getting rid of. I thought for sure it would be re-issued. I should try and get the Robin Hood version even more.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! I will post more recent pics later. I also have mandalorians, sith, the music bands, and holograhic figs. Not sure if i will post those though.
Thanks again!

Reaction score
Pictures from my collection:

South Wall: Vintage Display Case: Kubricks:

Galactic Heroes:

Vintage Lunch Boxes:

Lego Deathstar:

Other Legos:

Vintage Micro-Collection:

Potato Heads:

Figures:

Scenes:

Ships:

Darth Ray

Reaction score
StrangeDasein said:
Pimpimus_Prime said:

I used these. They work awesome, and come off the wall without leaving a mark. 3M Command Hooks, small, 20 pack:
I also use these for all my vintage figures. They work pretty good. Although whan I have moved recently they had about a 90% success rate with the not leaving a mark/rip off paint. A few ripped right off as I was removing them. So just be patient and careful when doing so.

In the past I used tacks, and trhose left a lot of holes when taken down. So 3M is the way to go.

I'm working on a shelfing unit for my closet in the next fews weeks, wehn own I'll gladly post pics of my displayed collection. It's a mix of vintage carded and one of each carded/boxed of the modern items.

Reaction score
kenbenobi said:
Nice pics, Darthray! I'll have to post some pics of my boxes...

I wish I had more on display...
I wish we had more display space too. I still miss my Action Fleet and 12 inch.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Re-organizing the basement, created:

Overflowing Galactic Heroes

Clone Wars Ships & Lego Death Star (on a Lazy Susan)

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Something new I started to do as well. In case anyone didn't see the main display thread, I had several people come over and all say the same basic thing: "That's cool! Who is it?" or "Where is he from?". First, I actually got tired of talking about it, and, with age, I find my memory for the minor characters and EU lacking.

These cards are actually fun to do. I write what I can myself, then rely on Wookiepedia for the rest and EU stuff. It is sometimes harder than it looks, especially with characters with such a vast history as Qui-Gon, it's hard to condense the life story down to 35 words.

Reaction score
Very nice displays. I always like to see how everybody displays their items. I don't have any pictures because the majority of my stuff are in tubs in the basement. I am going to put my loose vintage items out again, and when I do, I will take a picture and post it.

Reaction score
This weekend's toy openings:

Build-A-Droid - RotJ Skiff Guards
NOTE: The gun does clip to the skiff rail quite nicely

Galactic Heroes - Endor Celebration
(With a few additional figures)

ADDITIONS 11-02-09

"Legacy" Comic Packs + Joker Squad

ComicCon 2009 - Smiling Luke

ADDITIONS 11-08-09

Walmart's AT-ST (plus a few figures), and in an Endor Scene

Target's Lego Mini TIE Fighter

ADDITIONS 11-12-09

"Rishi Moon Outpost Attack" Battle Pack (plus a few figures)

Dewback Over Time, Vintage / POTF / Walmart 2009

ADDITIONS 11-14-09

Hasbro Podracer Figures

Galactic Heroes - 2009, Wave 3

ADDITIONS 11-21-09

Felucia Clones
With Aayla Secura and Gelagrub

ADDITIONS 11-28-09

Ambush at Abregado Battle Pack (+2 figures)

Assault on Ryloth Battle Pack (+1 figure)

Hasbro 12" Ewoks

ADDITIONS December 2009

Galactic Heroes - Slave I

TRU 2009 Exclusive Republic Gunship

2010 Lego 8083 & 8084 Rebel & Snowtrooper Battle Packs

"Battle For Endor" Battle Pack (Plus 2009 Ewoks and an Imperial)

Christmas Presents

New Legos

Clearance Exclusives

ADDITIONS JANUARY 2010

New Jedi Order / Carbon Freeze Chamber

POTF DeathStar Playsets / EP3 Starfighters / Bounty Hunters / KOTOR Figures / Rancor Quartet / Ultarama Display

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Ugnaughts?

We opened the new Ugnaughts this weekend. I was surprized by how they compare to the previous releases:

Ugnaughts Vintage, POTF2, & Modern

It would appear each release is creating taller figures but with smaller lunch boxes.

Darth Ray