I also recived a quick mod by Mr. Bill Green from the FB-Moding Group
Door Headliners, these are vacuum-formed parts out of very thin polystyreene sheet. Easy attached with doublesided tape and already primed to match the color of the other door covers.
Bill also threw in a extra "Save the Clock Tower" sheet
And I also recieved Decal Set III from Mr. Mike Lane from the FB-Moding Group
As with all his previous mods, Mike did another AWESOME job. Carefully researched labels and more really give that model the extra note
Labels inside the engine compartment...
... inside the trunk...
... and the driverside door
This little piece inside the windshield
another label on the "missiles"-part
and black inlays for the rear bumper holes
There would be a few more stickers to be placed on the interrior, but at this stage impossible to be added until I rip apart the car again, which I won´t
Also supplied would be two dark frames meant to be placed around the headlight but again, I have NO indention to unbuild everything ..... yet
Although I got the official display base from Eaglemoss months ago, I left it packaged and wrapped until now. With the help of the Mrs., my dad managed to sneak into my workshop and took some measurements from it, only to surprise me with this
Its professianl made out of 6mm fishtank-glass from a local glass shop. Thank you Dad
It fits perfectly inside the EM base.
Buuuuuuut...... when I unpacked that base, it was the first time during this build, that I am pretty disapointed.
ALL frame part are sitting loose on the inserted bottom. Not a single sign of a little drop of glue anywhere. The mirror is JUST some mirror foil.
And although there where corner covers attached, all four corners look like this
That display base is no way worth the 60.- EM is asking for, IMO not even 25.-
Anyway, as mentioned its already months ago since I recieved it ( I should have checked it instandly ) I wont go through the trouble again to get another replacement. Thats right, this IS already a replacement, as the very first was lost in mail somewhere between UK and Austria.
I will try to repair the damage or maybe just hide it with some metal corner covers or something.
At last, the final issues arrived .... for the original collection B)
These were the last parts for the vehicle itself. I weatherd them up to match the rest of the vents and did some kind of welding marks by just adding uneven lines of silver to the edges.
Before staring on the Plutonium Crate, I also added some bits of color here and there, mostly concentrated to make the seat look like used
* painted the bottom mesh in the front mask black
* added some more weathering to outside black parts to look like "road-troubled" plastic
* painted all the black screws in the fluxbands with silver
* some more weathering all aroung the car
* painted the purple pipe holders on the meshed parts below the gullwings
and I repaired a broken door-hinge on the passenger side
Thats it for the original run of 130 issues. I am still undecited if I want to continue for 30 more issues to build the emergency time circuit, the railtracks and the trainwheels.
On one side, the "inner completist" is screaming "YEEESSSSS !!!!" ( like with the ´55 tires ), but I also know, I will NEVER change the display from my originaly planed "first appearance" version
Anyway, I will drop in with a final gallery in a few days, I just want to wait for the delivery for yet another mod, sets of in-scale "micro-cable-ties" to give it that special extra look
The awaited "Mini Cable Ties" from Mr. Mike Lane arrived, and .... man... these ARE mini. I would even say they are MICRO or NANO
This will definatly be a fidly mod.o-o:wtf:
I originaly wanted white ones, but they were OOS, so I went for the black ones instead of waiting for a future restock. Just paint them white after installing and ...voila B)
Just for info, for you non-european followers, our 1 cent coin has a diameter of about 16 mm
When I ordered them, I thought.. "This will be a quick add-on and be done in a few minutes" :whistling:
YaaaPPP !! Took me about three days, 2 hours each o-o
Really felt like a surgeon, working with two pointy tweezers, a big magnifier with build in light, and a smaller LED Flashlight holding with the mouth first... but changed to a head light when I started to drool up everything
and comparsion finished driver side vs. untouched passenger side
added the ties all around the car, including a few to the interrior cables. Unfortunatly I am not able to tie the cable directly behind the windshield. No way to reach them without scratching the glas inside. It would be needed to dismount everything again wich I am definatly NOT doing.
Altough these are really working ties, I also left the wire twistys on to support them here and there. Just painted all white and it looks good to me as it is.
And on display, togther with the smaller brothers B)
Vitesse 1:48 Coupe
Vitesse 1:48 1955
Vitesse 1:48 1885
Sunstar 1:18 Coupe
Sunstar 1:18 2015 ( not shown here as its stored away until I get a new 1:18 case )
The next logical size would be 1:1 now
So, thats it. The ride is over.... for now. I am still undecited if I want to get through 30 more issues. While I like to have to option to change for any other version, you noticed, both the Mr. Fusion and the set of 55 tires are already stored away.
Thank you everyone for following, your comments and input :wub::wub: