WIP : BTTF DeLorean Time Machine

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.

Because I had a great experience with subscriptions on both, Hachettes Black Pearl and DeAgostinis Millennium Falcon I was full of joy when this kit was released early January in Germany :) :) :)
BUUUUT .... for some unkown reason, Eaglemoss won´t allow customers from Austria to get a subscription, and the series is also not available over here and currently there are also no plans to change that :( :( :(

But I am a huge fan of the BTTF movies, and owning a real-life DeLorean one day is my personal Holy-Grail Life Quest, so I had to have this one somehow. I stopped by at the Eaglemoss UK online shop and well..... my first order already arrived ;) :)

I will post my progress issue by issue. I have no plans for any kind of modifications yet. I might do a little color touch ups here and there. Maybe a little weathering too.
But this should end up being a straight OOB-build.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since I finished #10, I had the feeling that there is something wrong but couldn´t tell what exactly

Suddenly today during lunch break it hit me like Thors Hammer. The frame of a DMC-12 is actualy light grey to nearly white ;)
So when I went home after work, I stopped by the local Hobbystore for a can of light grey metal primer.
At home I un-build everythign again and colored the frame. While I waited, and I am sure Doc Brown didn´t build the timemachine into a factorynew DMC, I started to weather up the front suspensions

Now I am happy with it :) :) :)

Reaction score

Second order from Eaglemoss UK arrived today. #11 -19
With a quick look through the parts, the chasis should be finished ...for now. Back Suspensions and Wheels.
First parts of the engine, and I think I noticed an extra tool too. I can never have enough tweezers ;)
Will start building on weekend, as there are still a few more frame-parts I need to recolor from black to light grey.

Reaction score
Issue #15

Chasis seems to be finished .... for now :) I will add a little weathering to the back suspensions sometime later today or maybe tomorrow

Reaction score
As I am waiting for my next delivery, wich should arrive by end of this week, I got this one today. And shame over me, when I opened my postbox today, it took me a few seconds to realize what this small package with hand written "To not open until 1985" was. :) :p

It still a few issues away, but I already ordered some custom stickers, from already community-wellknown Mr. Mike Lane :) and he does an AWESOME job on them.

I got his Decal Set I, updated Dashboard and his Carpet Sets.

Decal Set I comes with:
Time Circuit Display Side Covers - choose either plain grey or stainless brushed look. Both sides feature the row of bolts
Time Circuit Display Front - again either plain grey or stainless brushed look. The print-labels now feature the corrected red color instead of the blue ones delievery by EM
Middle Console Covers and details - the main reason why I got this set because the EM supplied sticker for the switch box just says "1-2-3-4-5-6"
updated Plate stickers - updated to the right desgin as the EM supplied ones are all wrong.

The Dashboard Set comes with:
Updated Dashboard Display - EM supplied is missing a few details, the DMC logo is upside down, saying DWC. Also the light leak issue should be fixed with this one
Display Glass Cover - EM is missing this at all, so its a nice addition by Mike

The Carpet Sets cover the footwells and center console ( issues #38-41 ) and the bulkhead behind the seats and door sills ( issue #52-55 )

Mike offers some more custom sticker sets, like Barcode Plate complete with conversion to magnetic revmoveable plate to switch between "Outatime" and Barcode or a Fr. Fusion Cover Set to hide the big screw holes.
Although these look nice too, I quitted on them as I will display the finished model in 1985 first appearance mode, eventually 1955 "Hook" mode if EM supplies the Hook and parts to mount it.
I already wonder what else he might comes up with, might consider doing the heaven too.
If you are building this and also want to **** up the interrior a little, best way to get in contact with Mike would be email : deloreanmods@gmail.com or you dig him up on Facebook : Mike Lane ( cartoony avatar )

Can´t await to get to the point where to add these :)

Last edited:
Reaction score

The next order arrived :) This time with french magazines, due most of this order were currently out of stock at the Eaglemoss UK Online Shop.

Anyway, lets go on ;) :)

Issue #20

Reaction score
Issue #22

Very important info to anyone who also just stated the build on this model.
In this issue, we are introduced to a new kind of screws, labeld "MM".
Be very, very, VERY extra carefull with these, as they are pretty fragile, and break if too much pressure is used to drive them into their holes. Almost as if those screws were made of glass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Issue #26

Thats it with the engine so far.

I was a little irritaded by the end pipes of the exhaust, pointing downwards. But after a short research it made sense. On the real-life DMC, the are pointing backwards as you would expect, on Doc´s timemachine, they go downwards, because the lightstripes that go down at the back, are mounted to some boxes on the underside at the place where they would conflict with the exhaust end. So, everythings fine, no modding needed here ;)

There are still a few steps left to do for this issue, but I want to apply some weathering to the engine before I install it into the chasis.
Let see what the weekend brings ;) :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
And here we are again, just finished the final steps for issue #26, the marriage of engine with the chasis :) :)

But first..... bye, bye shiny engine ! welcome used engine ;) :) ( inspired by my own cars one ;) )

Reaction score
Hallo again :)

My bulk order #4 arrived last friday and today I had some free time to continue the build :)
There are some issues this time where I caught myself thinking : "serousily ? that´s all you get for 12.99 Euros per issue ?"
But see for yourself ;)