Wioslea - BD36

Reaction score
Re: Wioslea

I would use a toothpick with a bit of glue on the tip and put in the the gap in the joint and then move it around a bit. Tightens it up.

Reaction score

Was she actually -in- the Cantina? I've seen some people say she was, and I keep hearing her referred to as a Cantina Alien, but I've never seen her in there in the movies, or seen her associated with the other Cantina aliens anywhere but on this thread. Could someone clear this up? I'm building a Cantina and I bought this figure, and while I was going to put her in there anyway, I'd just like to know for sure.

Reaction score

Okami said:
Was she actually -in- the Cantina? I've seen some people say she was, and I keep hearing her referred to as a Cantina Alien, but I've never seen her in there in the movies, or seen her associated with the other Cantina aliens anywhere but on this thread. Could someone clear this up? I'm building a Cantina and I bought this figure, and while I was going to put her in there anyway, I'd just like to know for sure.
she's outside when luke sells the landspeeder.

Reaction score

See, I knew she bought the speeder, but the way people talk, I thought she was also in the actual Cantina and I'd just missed the shot somehow. I think I'll still put her in mine. I don't have any other use for the figure. XD

Reaction score

I got confused myself because there is a fly looking character in the cantina named Tzizvvt. He's mentioned in the link I posted above for you.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
I got confused myself because there is a fly looking character in the cantina named Tzizvvt. He's mentioned in the link I posted above for you.
Yeah, I saw that guy. Weird. It's like all of the classic monsters were in there. The human fly, the wolf man, a vampire...

I actually read through all of that a few days ago. Really interesting stuff. I loved the Tonnika Sister's nickname. XD

Reaction score

Okami said:
echoplex said:
Yeah, I saw that guy. Weird. It's like all of the classic monsters were in there. The human fly, the wolf man, a vampire...

I actually read through all of that a few days ago. Really interesting stuff. I loved the Tonnika Sister's nickname. XD
That's why GL was unhappy with the way the Cantina scene turned out. Rick Baker just used a bunch of masks he had lying around to complete the shots.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
Okami said:
echoplex said:

That's why GL was unhappy with the way the Cantina scene turned out. Rick Baker just used a bunch of masks he had lying around to complete the shots.
That's what I heard, which makes me sad, because two of my favorite patrons, Lak and the Defel (forgot his name), basically got edited out. Still hoping for a figure of that Defel guy though. He's so cool.

Reaction score

Okami said:
Was she actually -in- the Cantina?

Check out: Cantina Denizens Resourse Page at Cantina Customs' Page.

According to this, Wioslea, aka Grasshopper, sits in 2nd alcove at right of bar.

And from this site, a pic...

You can see Wioslea sitting in 2nd alcove.

Therefore I need two of this figure; 1 for the Cantina, and 1 for the streets of Mos Eisley!!!

Reaction score

Blight said:
I would use a toothpick with a bit of glue on the tip and put in the the gap in the joint and then move it around a bit. Tightens it up.
Thanks for the tip, Blight. I am going to give that a try. Looks like we're posting on some of the same topics recently...nice to have some new SW to hunt in the absence of Indy TOD!

Reaction score

mandalorehunter said:
I'm going to try to fit her in my old landspeeder and see how she looks in it.
I got her into my Landspeeder that I got a while back, not the POTF2 version, but the Toys R Us resculpt four or so years back... Her legs make it a wee bit tricky, but yeah, it can be done.

Reaction score

Around here, Wioslea is selling better than either of the other cantina aliens or Obi-wan. It's really interesting. Has anyone else seen this? It seems like Wioslea would be more likely to pegwarm than a two pack or Obi-wan.

Reaction score

Never expected this one to be immortalized in plastic. Got mine last night and wow does she look good.

I just bought a new house and can't wait to build my cantina diorama; she'll fit in nicely there.

Reaction score

Darth_McBaine said:
Never expected this one to be immortalized in plastic. Got mine last night and wow does she look good.

I just bought a new house and can't wait to build my cantina diorama; she'll fit in nicely there.
I agree, Wioslea is a character I thought we'd never see, not unlike Yarna - but both are great figures, and I'm happy to have them. Wioslea is rather obscure...I wonder who else will fill the '5 seconds of screen time' slot in the 2009 and 2010 lineups...

Reaction score

I bought this figure because you can use her torso for female Jedi customs, And her legs are unique and cool for alien customs!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I bought this figure because you can use her torso for female Jedi customs, And her legs are unique and cool for alien customs!
The legs make her hard to stand up though. They should have been a little more articulated.

GNT

Reaction score
darth_sidious said:
I agree, Wioslea is a character I thought we'd never see, not unlike Yarna - but both are great figures, and I'm happy to have them. Wioslea is rather obscure...I wonder who else will fill the '5 seconds of screen time' slot in the 2009 and 2010 lineups...
No signs of here here yet, while Wioslea doesn't do much for me it's nice to see obscure characters given a chance at retail. Hopefully she proves me wrong and sells well.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Since I put them in the customs forum, I thought it would be appropriate here too. My 2 Wiosleas' cloaks have been hot glued down somewhat in order to appear more natural. Here's a couple pics:

Reaction score
Another great cantina set up! I'll have to check up your full scenario but man am I jealous. Looks fantastic.

Reaction score
Awesome diorama. The hot glue works really well; the cloak looks a lot more naturalistic.

Reaction score

Droidworld said:

I appreciate you posting this link Droidworld.
It has gotten me motivated to make customs of some of the unmade Cantina patrons. I made three yesterday and already have the parts for another four on the way.

Reaction score

Flacksguy said:
Droidworld said:
I appreciate you posting this link Droidworld.
It has gotten me motivated to make customs of some of the unmade Cantina patrons. I made three yesterday and already have the parts for another four on the way.
Awesome link DroidWorld. There's a lot of cool Cantina Patrons Hasbro could still make!

Reaction score

I just got this today...really awesome figure...but I got a quick question...does the head/leg parts of R2-L3 come with any other past Legacy figure? The white post that plugs into the body on the head is missing. Or dare I take a shot and e-mail Hasbro...?

Reaction score

As far as I know the R2s parts only come in Wioslia, Ben, Trinto and Pons. and will not be packed in any other characters, which is why I picked up those guys first

Reaction score

Thanks...I'm sure Hasbro'll throw it in some re-issue when the ESB wave starts showing up. I did take a shot and e-mailed Hasbro...I doubt they'll get back to me, but it's worth a shot.

Reaction score

Zukuss__da_Gand said:
Thanks...I'm sure Hasbro'll throw it in some re-issue when the ESB wave starts showing up.
Don't count on it. Any older figures repacked into that wave's cases will be coming with U-3PO parts. Your best bet is to get a replacement, hopefully from Hasbro. It's not the first time I've read about this problem unfortunately - those little pegs inside the domes come out easily it would seem.

Good luck mate and please do let us know how you get on.

Reaction score

Hey Zukuss, I'd give them a call rather than e-mail them.
I called them the other day about a broken Greivous and they sent me a return label within 2 or 3 days to send it back.
Since this wave is still relatively new, you may have a good chance of getting a replacement without any problem.

Reaction score

My Wioslea fell over before and it took forever to stand her back up again. I actually think she's leaning against something as of now.

Reaction score

Yes, I have this one now. To borrow from "Predator", he is one ugly MF lol! But I do enjoy all the funky species from the Star Wars universe. I'm still waiting on Hasbro to make some ETs with a senate flying seat platform thingy lol